You will run into a lot of trouble when the Shaw BlueCurve app not working error occurs.
The BlueCurve app is responsible for managing all your Shaw issues. Right from troubleshooting WiFi errors, to tracking outages.
The app is also used in managing your subscription among other factors. If it is not working, you could practically suffer from a lack of connection.
The main reason why the BlueCurve app will fail to work is incompatibility with the device. If the device is compatible, the app itself could be outdated. Updating the device and the app is sure to bring it back to life.
The usage of the Shaw BlueCurve app depends mostly on the status of your device.
If the app is compatible with your device you could troubleshoot for other potential issues.
✔️Incompatibility – If the app is incompatible, it may fail to install on your device or fail to load accordingly
✔️Device Lag – If it is the case of temporary device lag, refreshing your device will get the app running again
✔️Installation Failure – The app could malfunction if it was not installed properly. This occurs due to missing key files that must be installed
✔️Outdated Device Software – If either your device or the app version on your device is outdated the app will not function.
All of the above issues have possible solutions. The good news is that these are not technical factors.
You can resolve the issue with your Shaw BlueCurve app without assistance.
The first diagnosis for the Shaw BlueCurve TV app not working is to check device compatibility.
If your device is not compatible with the app, it may even fail to download. On some devices, it will get downloaded but won’t run accordingly.
BlueCurve Home is not supported on any Apple device that runs on iOS 10 and below.
The app only runs on iOS 11 and above. For Android, your device must be Android 6.0 Marshmallow or above.
How to Check Your iOS Version:
- Go to settings
- Scroll down to About
- Check the Software version on your Screen
How to Check Android Version:
- Go to Settings
- Scroll to the bottom and select About
- Check for the Android Version on the screen
If your device is compatible with the app, it should be downloadable easily. In case you have been using the app well, the problem could be a lag.
A temporary lag on your device can be corrected by simply restarting your device and force-stopping the app.
Restart the device and force-stop the app on Apple:
- Hold the power button until the slider shows up
- Swipe the slider to the right to restart your device
- Once the device is up and ready, open the App Switcher
- Swipe up the BlueCurve Home to force close it
- Go back to your menu and open the BlueCurve app
Note: You could force-stop the app even before restarting your device.
If the app has been installed but has a problem loading properly, the problem could be the installation process.
If the app is not installed completely, it will have problems functioning well. The simple solution to this problem is to reinstall the app.
Reinstall BlueCurve Home App on Apple:
- Tap and hold on to your BlueCurve app
- Tap on the X at the corner of the app to delete it
- Open the app store app on your device
- Search for the BlueCurve Home app and click on install
Note: The process is the same for Android devices. The only difference comes in uninstalling the old app.
When you press and hold the BlueCurve app on Android, it can give you an option for “Uninstall or Info.”
- If the app has an option for “uninstall” simply click on it and confirm to delete it
- If the app gives you an option for “Info” select info and scroll down to “Uninstall”.
The other solution you want to try is updating both the device and the app. Outdated software will malfunction.
It does not matter whether it is the device or the app that is outdated. Here are the steps to update your device and app.
Update iOS System:
- Go to Settings
- Select General
- Click on Check Updates
- Click on Update System
BlueCurve Home App Updates:
- Open your Apple App Store from your home screen
- At the top corner tap on Updates
- Find the BlueCurve app on your app’s list and select it
- If the app has a pending update click on Update
- The app will download and install updates
Note: The app should be downloaded and updated automatically once you have initiated the process.
Updates for Android devices:
- Go to settings on your android device
- Scroll down and select System
- Under System tap on Check Updates
If the device is up-to-date, you will see information stating that it is updated. If the device needs, updates click on update device.
Your app cache could cause it to fail. This is very common with apps that access the internet.
To resolve this problem, you have to delete all the data pertaining to the app.
Note: If you delete app data and cache, you also have to log in afresh. Do not take this step unless you have your login details.
Delete app data on Apple:
- Go to Settings
- Select Apps
- Tap on the BlueCurve Home app
- Tap on Storage and
- Clear Cache
Alternatively, you may want to delete the app’s data from your device storage.
This process is equally effective but may delete some important app files. Only use it if you do not have any other option.
To delete app data on an apple device manually, do the following
- Open Settings
- Select Apps
- Tap on the BlueCurve app
- Tap on Storage
- Select Clear Cache
Clear App Data on Android:
The process for clearing your app data is similar on all android devices. This process gets rid of any harmful data that could be blocking the app.
To clear your BlueCurve app on android, do the following:
- Open Settings from your device menu
- Scroll down and Select Apps
- Under Apps scroll down and select the BlueCurve App
- Alternatively, you could locate the app easily by searching BlueCurve in the search bar
- Select Storage
- Tap on Clear Data
- You will be required to confirm by clicking OK
Once you click OK, the app data will be deleted. Go back to your home screen and open the app now.
Use your credentials to log in if the app functions and continue enjoying.
Finally, you should try resolving your internet problems. Assuming your internet is unstable, the app will not work.
As a matter of fact, this is the first thing you should check.
To confirm if your internet is working
- Pull down the status bar and check to see that mobile data is active
- If you are using WiFi, ensure that your WiFi is on and your device is connected
- Open any other app that uses the internet, preferably your regular browser
- Visit any site that uses data to confirm if your phone has access to the internet
If you notice that your phone does not have internet, you have to resolve the problem.
Lack of internet access could be due to poor connection, lack of data bundles or device problems.
There are many reasons why Shaw BlueCurve app not working is a big problem.
Considering the importance of the app in running Shaw WiFi, it should never stop working.
If it stops functioning, resolve it fast. All the above solutions are important. Try out each one by one until you find a solution that works for your app.
Read Next: Does TELUS WiFi Booster Work with Shaw?
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.