Encountering a Peloton white screen can be very frustrating, especially when the screen is not loading anything and continues to stay like that.
If you are in the same situation, well, worry not because we will go over the best solutions to help you address this issue in a matter of minutes!
When your Peloton is stuck with a white screen, first unplug the power cords from your Peloton unit base and touchscreen. Then press the Power and Volume Up buttons at the same time for 60 seconds, then release both buttons and reconnect everything back in.
Let us learn in detail how to fix the issue….
Peloton Stuck on White Screen – Why?
The Peloton bikes and treads are great investments, but they frequently produce problems for users, such as unexpectedly showing a blank white screen.
One of the primary reasons for the white screen is a power surge or electrical glitches on the Peloton’s touchscreen.
So, it is crucial to ensure that your Peloton Tread or Bike is plugged into an operational and dedicated circuit for optimal performance.
Sometimes, the Peloton screen gets stuck on a white screen due to corrupt or outdated OS software, which completely ruins the screen display.
However, assuming any reason this early is not a good idea, so let’s take a look at all possibilities for Peloton’s white screen:
These are the most common underlying causes that can cause problems with your Peloton!
How to Fix the Peloton White Screen of Death?
Tip: Follow the solutions chronologically!
1. Perform a Peloton Power Reset
The first and obvious troubleshooting step you must always take is power resetting whenever your Peloton device (Tread, Bike, and Bike +) produces issues.
The power reset or the “power cycle” includes disconnecting every connection from the device and the power source.
This will discharge any residual electricity and refresh the system by clearing out all temporary issues.
However, don’t worry; this method will not erase any of your data saved on your Peloton!
Here is how to power reset your Peloton device:
- First, disconnect your Peloton device from the outlet.
- Remove the power cord from the back of the device.
- Disconnect both cables from the touchscreen tablet.
- Find the Power and Volume Up button on the screen.
- Press and hold down both buttons for 60 seconds.
- After that, release both buttons and wait 10 seconds.
- Then, reconnect both cables back to the tablet screen.
- Reconnect the power cable into your Peloton’s base.
- Plug your Peloton into the outlet and turn the device on.
Ensure you firmly plugged the data and power cables for the screen into the correct ports. Hopefully, this will fully restore the screen functionality!
If every connection is intact, but your Peloton is still stuck to the blinking white screen, you need to do some more troubleshooting. So, keep reading.
2. Update the Peloton’s Software!
Sometimes, when your Peloton loses its connection with the internet while updating its software, the screen may freeze, crash, or become stuck with a white display due to glitches or corrupt software systems and files.
Therefore, keeping your Peloton software up to date is essential, as firmware updates actively help maintain stable communication in your setup.
Since you can’t update the Peloton device software directly from a white screen, you must force an update remotely via the Peloton app!
- First, open the Peloton mobile application.
- Tap on the gear icon to enter the “Settings.”
- Find and tap on the “Firmware update” tile.
- Tap on “Update now” and confirm the prompt.
- After, tap on “Update firmware” and “Finish.”
This will force update your Peloton software, automatically resolving all software-related faults.
Also, double-check the screen power and data cable connections to ensure everything is in order, and then check whether the white screen continues to appear.
Tip: We recommend rebooting your Peloton device when the system is updated!
3. Factory Reset Your Peloton!
When you are stuck with a Peloton white screen of death, one practical and top-notch solution is performing a factory reset on the device.
This step will permanently erase all of the saved data and configurations in the device, but still, it is worth trying and most commonly works.
Follow these steps to factory reset your Peloton device:
- First, push the Power button on the Peloton screen.
- Navigate to the “Shutdown” and turn off the screen.
- Then, press the “Power” and “Volume Up” buttons.
- Release both buttons once the Peloton logo appears.
- In the menu, highlight the “Wipe Data/Factory reset.”
- Push the power button to select the factory reset tile.
- Confirm by selecting “Yes” on the on-screen prompt.
- Finally, go down and choose “Reboot system now.”
Once you reset your Peloton device, you must set everything back as before, such as choosing your language and connecting your device to the WiFi network.
So, if the white screen on the Peloton appliance is now gone, then this method has helped, and you can now use the device.
Note: If resetting the screen doesn’t work on the first try, it can take a few attempts!
4. Switch to Another A/C Outlet!
Another reason for the white screen of death on your Peloton appliance is a power insufficiency from the currently selected electrical outlet.
So, one very quick and efficient method to justify this is to connect your Peloton appliance to a proven-to-work electrical outlet in your home.
- Well, if your Peloton is now working, the problem comes from the power supply of the old A/C outlet, which you must avoid using.
In contrast, if the white screen appears even when your device is connected to a working outlet, the issue is directly related to the touchscreen monitor.
Let’s keep unwrapping solutions!
5. Check the Data & A/C Wires!
The Peloton touchscreen tablet is connected via two main cords-power and data!
When the power or data cables are disconnected, you may encounter the white screen of death, so you must verify that these connections are intact.
We recommend disconnecting the cables and reconnecting them tightly.
Also, checking whether the ports and connectors are bent or defective is beneficial, which will undoubtedly cause display issues.
If the cables and connectors appear to be intact, secure the link tightly on both sides and verify that the cables are connected all the way to the correct ports.
Note: Any faulty equipment must be reported to Peoloton Customer Service!
6. Install a New Peloton Screen
If you’ve tried all the solutions above but nothing helps, and the Peloton touchscreen is white to no avail, then you should contact Peloton Support.
There is a good chance that the problem is with the screen itself, and the solution is simply replacing the screen with a brand-new display.
Once you get your hands on the Peloton replacement screen, it’s time to install it:
- First, unplug your Peloton device from the power.
- Remove the power and data cable from the screen.
- Detach or slide the Peloton screen’s square panel.
- Remove the two or four screws securing the display.
- Release the damaged touchscreen and place it aside.
- Put the new screen in its place and secure the screws.
- Set up the power and data cables back to the screen.
- Plug your Peloton device back into the power to test.
After that, press the “Power button” on the screen to turn it on and calibrate it, and your new screen is finally ready.
If you’re unsure what to do, keep reading…
Note: As per your product's warranty, the Peloton team may send you a replacement for free!
How to Calibrate the Peloton Screen?
- On the touchscreen, go to the “Settings” menu.
- Find and choose “Touch Screen Calibration.”
- Follow the on-screen prompts for calibration.
After calibrating your Peloton screen, everything will work fine until and unless your Peloton is not connected to a WiFi network or is running on an outdated version.
Tip: If you need more help with troubleshooting or replacement, contact Peloton Support!
To fix the Peloton white screen, you must first power reset the device by disconnecting the data and A/C power connection.
If this doesn’t work, perform a factory reset on the touchscreen to restore its functionality and test plugging in a different electrical outlet.
Follow us for many more Peloton Bike, Bike+, and Tread solutions!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.