Seeing “Peacock TV something went wrong” message? You’re not alone!
It’s a common problem and due to the many reports and discussions, there are many working solutions that you’re going to discover in this guide. Let’s learn more!
When Peacock is saying “Something went wrong” check the internet connection on your device and disable an active AdBlocker on your browser.
If you’re using the Peacock app, update it to the latest version and if that didn’t work, perform a clean installation.
Let’s unwrap more about the reason why something went wrong…
Why Does Peacock Keep Saying Something Went Wrong?
Before we proceed further into the guide, we should uncover the reasons behind this problem and what’s causing your Peacock to display this error.
There are numerous factors that could impact your Peacock’s functionality and halt the service.
Here’s why your Peacock is displaying the “Something went wrong” problem:
- An Issue with the Internet Connection on your Device
- Active Adblocker Service on your Browser
- Outdated Browser Version
- Temporal Outage with the Peacock TV Service
- Peacock Account Problems
Let’s proceed with the troubleshooting guide and learn how to fix this problem!
How to Fix When Peacock Says Something Went Wrong?
Whether you’re using Peacock through the application version or through a browser on your device, the “Something went wrong” problem has a similar meaning.
We’ll help you with both the browser and app versions of Peacock for all types of users who have this problem.
Let’s advance further and start with the first solution!
1. Check the Internet Connection/Network
One of Peacock’s requirements for optimal functionality is a stable internet connection reaching your streaming device.
Thus, if your device’s connection is weak, isn’t reliable or there are network outages, Peacock will constantly give an error message.
There are several methods to verify the functionality of the network on your device and make sure everything is properly.
Try following the following methods to fix the internet on your streaming device:
- Reconnect your device – If there was a one-time outage, reconnect to the WiFi
- Reboot the Wi-Fi Router – Reconnect your router’s power cord from the outlet
- Reinstall the Internet Cable – Refresh your network by reconnecting the coax cable
- Restart the WiFi feature – Disable/enable the Wi-Fi feature on your device
You should also verify that you’re typing the correct password upon connecting with the network. Otherwise, your device will be thrown out of the connection requests list.
Notice: If you’re having WiFi issues on any other of your devices, contact your ISP for help.
2. Clear your Browser’s Cache and Cookies
If you’re getting this problem through Peacock’s browser version, an easy way to address the problem is to clear the cache and cookies of the browser app.
As time passes and your browser is being used frequently, excess data piles up and slows down the browser.
Browsing data as well as website cookies tend to have a negative impact on the functionality of the browser and that could cause issues with your Peacock.
Here’s how to clear your browser’s cache and cookies:
- Go to Settings of the browser.
- Tap on the side menu.
- Choose “Browsing Data” on the side menu.
- In the next tab, choose “Clear Browser Cache” and wait.
- Once the cache is cleared, select “Clear Browser Cookies.
- Test Peacock TV…
Keep in mind that clearing the cookies of your browser will sign you out of all services., including Peacock. Hence, verify that all of your login info is either saved or memorized.
Note: Browser cache and cookies should be cleared at least once a month.
3. Update your Browser or Peacock App
Regardless of whether you’re using a browser or an application to stream Peacock, it must be up to date in order to meet the platform’s requirements.
In that set of thoughts, your next move should be to update the source through which you’re streaming Peacock and test.
Let’s start with updating your Peacock application!
How to update the Peacock app (for Peacock platform users):
- On your streaming device, go to the Storage Prompt (within the settings).
- Navigate to the Applications section.
- Use the search field to locate the Peacock app.
- Press on “Check for Updates”.
- Select “Install Update” and then “Apply Update”.
How to update a browser (for Peacock browser users):
- Press the three-dot icon on the top-right of your browser.
- At the top of the drop-down menu, choose “Restart to Update Browser”.
- Wait for your browser to be restarted and updated.
On some foreign browsers, you may have to manually download the update script and run the “.exe” file in order to get the latest version.
Alert: Do not shut down your computer while the browser is still updating!
4. Disable Browser AdBlocker/Extensions
The “Peacock TV something went wrong” error message could also originate from an interference problem with an active ad blocker/extension on your browser.
Since Peacock’s release, the merchants have been strict about containing ad content on their channels and they have been excessively threatened by ad blockers.
To determine if the problem with your Peacock is occurring due to an active AdBlocker, disable the extension.
Here’s how to disable your adblocker (and pause your other browser extensions):
- On the top-right of your browser, press the puzzle icon (or press “extensions”).
- Press on the adblocker’s icon so the options menu could appear.
- Choose “Pause” or “Remove from (browser name)” to remove the extension.
- Repeat for all remaining extensions.
You don’t have to remove all of your extensions, but pause them while testing your Peacock.
If there is some sort of interference that exists between the extensions and Peacock TV, this is the best way to rule out potential problems.
Note: Keep ad blockers and extensions disabled until the problem’s cause is identified.
5. Access Peacock Through a Different Browser
The chances are that the browser you’re trying to stream Peacock from is not compatible with the platform.
The resolution to this problem is to access the service through an alternative browser application, installed on your streaming device.
Let’s first review a list of the compatible browser with Peacock as of 2022:
- Google Chrome (version 70 or above) – Windows 10 and Mac
- Mozilla Firefox (version 65 or above) – Windows and Mac
- MS Edge (version 40 or later) – Windows 10 and above
- Safari (version 12 or later) – Mac
Take a look at the following browsers and if you’re not using either of them, then download a compatible platform for streaming Peacock.
Ours and most of the users’ preference is to use Google Chrome for Peacock streaming, due to its exceptionally-high compatibility with streaming players.
If you’re only a Mac user, then make sure to use Safari or download Chrome.
Note: When you download a new browser for your Peacock, ensure it is up to date.
6. Uninstall and Reinstall the Peacock App
A standard solution for any problems with the Peacock application is to reinstall the platform.
On whatever device you have Peacock installed, removing it and then adding it again is one of the best ways to address functionality problems with the service.
In fact, reinstalling the Peacock update will also automatically update its software.
Follow these instructions to reinstall the Peacock application:
- Launch the Software Settings of your device.
- Navigate to the Storage Prompt within the settings.
- Head to the “Applications” section. and locate Peacock TV.
- Highlight the platform and choose “Uninstall” to start the removal process.
- Once Peacock is successfully installed, head into your device’s App Store.
- Use the search field to quickly locate Peacock among the available apps.
- Press on the “Download” button to get Peacock on your device again.
- Launch the application and sign in using your credentials.
- Test the app…
Installing Peacock should take no longer than 20 – 30 seconds, based on the internet and software performance of your device.
Alert: If you get any issues with the download, verify your device has enough storage!
The best way to respond to the “Peacock TV something went wrong” error is to update the Peacock app version and then your browser.
You should also disable active VPN, AdBlockers, or Firewalls on your device as well as carry out a network inspection!
For more relevant guides, make sure to check our blog!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.