Wondering why Netflix not working on Sky Glass? Well, let’s unwrap everything in this guide!
Although the Netflix app has been made perfectly compatible with the Sky Glass TV software, the platform could still experience functionality issues.
If you have trouble running Netflix on the Sky Glass TV, keep reading because this guide will be handy!
Whenever Netflix is not working on Sky Glass, the first solution should be to power cycle the TV and update the TV to the most current firmware. In addition, you must check if the internet connection with the Sky Glass is intact and refresh all apps to fix your Netflix.
Let’s move forward and discuss the underlying reasons!
Why is Netflix Not Working On Sky Glass?
There are several reasons why the Netflix application won’t function on Sky Glass:
Those are the possible causes for the Netflix outage on Sky Glass.
Now that we have reviewed the complete list let’s start excluding each of the causes individually to resolve the issue ASAP!
Netflix On Sky Glass Not Working – Proven Solutions!
Tip: Follow our solutions in a consecutive order!
1. Power Reset the Sky Glass
The Sky Glass can often encounter temporary issues due to sudden bugs with the system.
To address any problems with the Sky Glass, it is recommended to conduct a power reset, which is a harmless process and does not delete anything.
Here’s how to conduct a power reset on the Sky Glass:
- Press the “power” button on the Sky Glass remote.
- Unplug the power adapter of the TV from the outlet.
- Wait for 60 seconds while the TV is disconnected.
- Reattach the power cable back into the wall outlet.
- Wait for the Sky Glass to turn on and test Netflix.
Info: The power reset is an effective solution against overheating issues with the Sky Glass and complications with the external equipment.
2. Re-Establish the Wi-Fi Connection
The Netflix application will not be accessible on your Sky Glass if the Wi-Fi connection is not secure.
A throttle with the Wi-Fi network or insufficient bandwidth could result in inconsistent connection, leading to frequent disconnects and outages.
Here’s how to reconnect the Sky Glass to a Wi-Fi network:
- Press the “Home” button on the Sky Glass remote.
- Select “Settings” from the menu and scroll down.
- Next, choose “Network” and then select “Reset”.
- Press “right” to proceed with the wireless setup.
- Wait for the Sky Glass network list to populate.
- Choose your home Wi-Fi network from the list.
- Next, Insert the Wi-Fi password for the network.
- Finally, confirm the connection process and wait.
How to Setup Ethernet Connection On Sky Glass?
In case the Sky Glass won’t stay consistently connected to a wireless network, the other choice is to utilise Ethernet.
The Sky Glass comes with up to three 2.1 HDMI ports, a USB-C input and an Ethernet port on the back panel, allowing a wired internet connection.
Here’s how to set up an Ethernet connection on Sky Glass:
- Locate the Ethernet port on the back of your Sky TV.
- Connect an Ethernet cable to the Sky Glass TV port.
- Route the cable to the LAN port on the network router.
- Plug the other end of the Ethernet into the router’s port.
- Wait for the connection prompt to appear on the screen.
Note: After plugging the Ethernet, the TV will automatically establish an internet connection!
3. Force a Sky Glass Firmware Update
Since Sky Glass devices update automatically, you cannot manually perform a firmware update through the settings.
To force an update on a Sky Glass TV, you must put the device in standby mode and make sure it is securely connected to a Wi-Fi network.
How to Put Sky Glass TV Into Standby Mode?
If an update on the Sky Glass has failed or missed out by any means, the next time your TV is on standby, the update will start automatically.
However, there is no direct way to put the Sky TV on standby unless the device has been inactive for precisely 1 hour.
Turn on the Sky Glass, connect it to Wi-Fi and let it idle for 60 minutes!
After one hour has passed and the Sky Glass enters standby mode, a message will appear on the TV screen narrating that the TV has been inactive for an hour now.
If there is any pending firmware update, it will start seconds after the TV goes into standby mode, so remain patient.
Alert: Do not shut down or interact with the TV until the firmware update has been completed!
4. Refresh the Sky Glass Applications
There’s a way to refresh the software and cache of all installed applications on the Sky Glass and restore the functionality of Netflix.
The system will automatically scan any defects with the installed applications, Netflix included, and rebuild the core files of the platforms from scratch.
Here’s how to activate a “System Refresh” on a Sky Glass TV:
- Press the “Home” button on the Sky Glass remote.
- Highlight the “Settings” option from the TV menu.
- After that, scroll down to “System Management”.
- Choose the “Resets & updates” on-screen option.
- Choose “Refresh Apps” and wait for the TV to start.
Once the system refresh has started, the Sky Glass screen will display the message – “Your apps are being refreshed”.
If this message remains on the screen, do not interact with the Sky Glass or press any buttons on the remote, as this could cancel the process.
Note: When the application refresh is ready, you must sign into your Netflix account!
5. Run the “Check your Products” Tool
Sky allows all subscribed clients to inspect the status of their Sky service and detect any errors with the installed devices.
All you need is to log in to the Sky website, run the “Check your Products” online tool and wait until the Netflix application error is identified.
Follow these instructions to run a product check on a Sky subscription:
- Navigate to the Service Status page on the Sky website.
- Press the blue “Check my products” button on the page.
- Sign in with your Sky login credentials when prompted.
- After logging in, choose “Sky Glass” to inspect the device.
- Wait for the checker to localise any functionality TV issues.
Any issues with the Sky Glass service and the installed applications, Netflix included, should be displayed once the checker is complete.
You will be offered troubleshooting options to identify the cause of the error and troubleshoot the Netflix application with Sky’s assistance!
Note: If you have signed with an incorrect Sky account, the Sky Glass will not appear!
6. Factory Reset the Sky Glass Device
If you’re still experiencing issues with launching the Netflix application on your Sky Glass, the factory reset process is strongly recommended.
The factory reset will erase all installed content on the TV and reset the software configuration of all settings and options.
The information lost by the factory reset cannot be brought back in any way!
Here’s how to conduct a factory reset on a Sky Glass TV:
- Scroll all the way down from the home page.
- Highlight the “Settings” tab from the bottom.
- Press “OK” and scroll all the way down again.
- Highlight the “System management” section.
- Next, tap the right arrow on the remote once.
- Press “OK” when on the “Resets & Updates”.
- From the settings, select “Factory Reset”.
Once the factory reset has started, Sky Glass will not respond to any inputs for the next 5-10 minutes until all stored information is erased.
After the reset is complete, you will be back at the initial setup screen of the Sky Glass, meaning you have to configure the device from scratch.
Alert: Do not unplug the Sky Glass from power before the factory reset is complete!
Hence, to fix whenever Netflix not working on Sky Glass, reset the power supply of the TV and force a firmware update.
If the issue is still there, inspect the Wi-Fi connection of the device, refresh all of the installed applications, and conduct a factory reset process.
Follow us for more helpful tips and technical resolutions!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.