From time to time, you may encounter an error involving Koodo voicemail not working.
In some situations, Koodo voicemail failure can be due to a network or system glitch.
If the Koodo Mobile system has a problem, all users should be affected. Such errors can equally affect voicemail functionality.
To fix the Koodo voicemail problems, you have to reset your voicemail.
This will clear all errors including settings. If what you are experiencing is a password problem, you can simply reset the password.
There are easy steps to reset your voicemail system. You may also run into simple problems. Blocked voicemails can easily be unblocked in simple steps.
Keep on reading to find out more about dealing with Koodo voicemail issues.
Reasons Behind Koodo Voicemail Not Working
To solve Koodo’s voicemail problem, it is necessary to have an idea of what is causing the problem.
The potential causes of voicemail issues are very simple. Top on the list is settings and configuration errors.
The other causes of failed Koodo voicemails are:
- Inability to remember the appropriate password
- Blocked voicemail due to inappropriate handling
- Blocked voicemail notifications
- Change of location that affects network quality
As we will look at the solutions, you will notice how the quality of the network also affects your voicemail.
Here are the solutions to all voicemail, not working issues.
Solution #1 Activate Voicemail on Your Phone
You will not receive any voicemail notifications unless you have activated voicemail.
As a matter of fact, your callers will not get a chance to record their voice messages. The only time voicemail works on Koodo is after it has been activated.
There are a few steps involved in activating your voicemail.
Here are the steps
- From your phone, both landline and mobile, dial 1+your area code+ your phone number.
- Your phone should play an automated welcome message after dialing.
- You will be prompted to Create a Password
- After creating a password, Record Your Name and Greeting to complete the process.
Note: Use a password you can remember to enable easy login next time you try accessing your voicemail.
Solution #2 Reset Your Voicemail Password
The next solution to voicemail not working involves resetting your password.
Voicemail will not work if you are unable to access the mailbox.
If you enter the wrong password more than three times, your account will be blocked.
To avoid this, it is ideal to reset your password to the one you can remember.
Below are the steps to reset your password on Koodo voicemail;
- Dial 1+ Your number+Send
- Alternatively long press 1
- Enter the last password you remember or any 4-digit number
- You will be notified that “This is not the correct password”
- Try again and enter the same password
- You will be prompted to Reset the Password by pressing star(*)
- Press * then press 1 to have a temporary reset password sent to your phone by SMS.
- Once you receive your temporary password, long press 1 to dial voicemail.
- Enter your temporary voicemail password as received on SMS
- Follow the prompts to enter your new preferred password
Once you have set up your new preferred password, use it to access your voicemail at any time.
You can always reset your password in the same manner.
Solution #3 Reset Your Voicemail Language Back to English
The other common problem that makes voicemail stop working is the change of language.
Koodo voicemail is set to operate in French, Cantonese and English.
Voicemail should be set to English or French by default depending on your province.
If yours is set to French and you cannot understand, you can easily change the language back to English.
How to change your voicemail language back to English
- Long press 1 to access your voicemail
- Pres 4 to access Personal Preferences
- Select 5 to change the language to English
- Select English
After selecting English, your voicemail language will be instantly changed. You will be able to receive your messages and prompts in English.
Solution #4 Unblock Blocked Voicemail
The other reason your voicemail may fail to work is if it is blocked.
Voicemail can be blocked following continuous use of the wrong pin.
It may also be due to your actions or the actions of another person, even a child. The good news is that your voicemail can be unblocked in a short while.
How to unblock Koodo’s voicemail
- Wait for 30 minutes after your voicemail blocks
- Long press 1 again to access voicemail,
- Follow the steps in Solution #2 above to Reset the Password
- Use your new password to login into your voicemail
Note: If you have to access your voicemail urgently, your only option is to try to get a call back from Koodo.
Unfortunately, it may sometimes take longer to get a call back than just waiting for 30 minutes.
Solution #5 Get Voicemail Notification on Your Phone
You may think that your voicemail has a problem when it does not. This happens when you are not getting voicemail notifications.
If you normally receive voicemail notifications and realize a change, two possibilities arise.
You may have either changed your physical address or messed up with your settings.
If you change location to a locality that does not have digital coverage you won’t receive notifications.
To solve the voicemail notifications problem:
- Move to a region that has access to digital coverage on the Koodo Network.
- Manually check to see if you have a voicemail message
- To check manually long press 1 and follow the prompts
Note: You should be able to listen to any message you have received.
However, your storage holds a maximum of 10 voicemail messages at a time. The old ones are deleted to create room for the others.
Solution #6 Stop Getting Voicemails Completely
There are individuals who prefer never to get voicemails entirely.
If you are among this group, you should never activate your voicemail.
In case you have already activated your voicemail, there are still ways you can stop receiving any voicemails. For this purpose, you will have to disable voicemail.
How to disable voicemail on your phone
- Call your voicemail by dialing and holding the number 1
- Select 3 to Manage your Greetings
- Select 4 to Manage Extended Absence Greetings
- Select 2 to record your extended absence greeting
- If you already have the greeting in place select option 4 to set it as your greeting.
- Select option 5 to block callers from leaving voicemails
When you do this, your callers will still hear your voicemail greeting.
However, they will not be able to leave a voicemail. To ensure that your callers do not expect you to call back, customize your extended voicemail greeting.
The greeting could inform the caller that you won’t be back in a while.
Solution #7 Delete Voicemail Option From Your Phone
If you are not satisfied with disabling your voicemail, you could go a notch higher.
There are some individuals who may want to be completely out of reach.
This can be a problem if your voicemail greeting still works. For this problem, your solution would be to completely remove the voicemail feature from your phone.
Koodo can remove voicemail from your phone but it will be deleted permanently. To delete your voicemail you must call Koodo and speak to their agent.
The Koodo voicemail not working error can be caused by many factors. The first factor you should check is whether it is a system issue.
If everybody on Koodo is having a similar issue, wait until it is resolved.
However, if it is your personal case, work on it. The solutions above should help you restore your Koodo voicemail. If you do not want voicemail completely, simply call the Koodo team.
Read Next: How to Fix Koodo SIM Card Not Working Issue?
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.