Wondering why ITVX not working on Sky Glass TV? Well, in this guide we’ll find the solution!
By default, the ITVX application should already be installed on your Sky Glass TV and you only need to go to the Apps menu to get started.
However, if the app is not working, crashing or you are unable to sign in and activate the service, then this guide will help you overcome this hurdle!
When the ITVX app is not working on Sky Glass, begin with refreshing all apps by using the integrated refresh function on Sky Glass TVs. In case that doesn’t help, power cycle the TV, check the internet connection and as a last resort, factory reset the Sky Glass TV.
Why is ITVX on Sky Glass Not Working?
Let’s next address all of these possibilities!
How to Fix When ITVX Not Working on Sky Glass?
Tip: Follow the solution steps in order!
1. Refresh Your Sky Glass Apps!
The first and most impactful solution would be to refresh all of your apps, including ITVX on your Sky Glass TV.
This is an excellent method to solve streaming issues on your Sky Glass TV and will most definitely address most of your application-related issues.
Here’s how to refresh apps on Sky Glass TV in easy steps:
- Press the “Home” button on the Sky Glass remote.
- Go to Settings and then to “System Management”.
- In “Resets and Updates”, enter “Refresh Apps”.
- You’ll then see “Your Apps Are Being Refreshed”.
- When it’s ready, press the “Dismiss” button to go back.
Note: The app refresh might take up to 24 hours for any potential issues to be resolved so we strongly recommend attempting the rest of the solutions in the meantime.
2. Power Cycle the Sky Glass TV
In case refreshing your apps didn’t help right away, the next step before digging deeper should be to power cycle your Sky Glass.
This step doesn’t erase anything from your TV, instead, the electrical circulation will help your TV cool down, reboot all services and hopefully fix ITVX.
Here’s how to power cycle your Sky Glass TV in easy steps:
- First, power off your Sky Glass using the remote.
- Then unplug the TV from the wall outlet or strip.
- Next, wait for at least 60 seconds for a discharge.
- Then, plug your Sky Glass directly into the outlet.
- Finally, turn on the TV and test using the ITVX app!
Tip: In case 60 seconds weren’t enough, unplug the Sky Glass TV for longer and continue reading the next step!
3. Uplift Your Internet Connection!
The internet connection is the fundamental brick in your Sky Glass TV setup and the availability of all apps, including ITVX, is strictly dependent on the internet.
Sky Glass can be connected via WiFi for a wireless connection or via Ethernet for a wired connection.
Step #1 Uplift Home Internet and the WiFi:
- Power cycle your router/modem for 60 seconds!
- Unpair any unused devices from your home’s WiFi.
- Stop any activated VPN or Proxy on the network.
- Prevent any downloading, streaming, or uploading.
- Switch Sky Glass from WiFi to Ethernet connection.
Important: Verify that your internet and WiFi are working before proceeding further!
Step #2 Connect Sky Glass TV to WiFi:
- Use the Sky Glass remote to go to Settings.
- From there, enter the “Network” menu tab.
- Move right repeatedly until you see “Reset”.
- Then, confirm the option to proceed ahead.
- Allow the network list to populate with SSIDs.
- Select your home WiFi network from the list.
- Insert the correct WiFi password to connect.
Step #3 Connect Sky Glass via Ethernet:
Note: Sky Glass Ethernet port supports up to 100Mbps of internet data transfer!
To connect Sky Glass TV to your router or modem, you will need an Ethernet cable.
The cable plugs into one of the “yellow” Ethernet ports on your router/modem and into the Ethernet port on your Sky Glass TV.
The wired connection is that easy, you should be ready, with no extra steps!
Info: Streaming content, including ITVX, requires 2.4 Mbps internet speed or more, so make sure to carry out a free online internet speed test.
4. Check for ITVX Service Outages!
In case only the ITVX app is not working on your Sky Glass, and all other apps are working just well, it’s likely that there is a service outage.
Such downtime could be affecting only specific areas or residences, and luckily there is a way to check for an ITVX service outage right now.
To check for ITVX outages, simply go to ITVX Help!
When you land on the webpage, scroll down to find the “Latest Service Status Updates” window, where any outages should be reported.
The window is linked directly to the ITVX Twitter (X) social, so you can manually check for any reported outages on their page.
Note: Typically service outages don’t last longer than 2-3 hours at a time!
5. Reset ITVX Using Reset Code!
An additional method to quickly attempt is to reset the ITVX app only, by using a reset code, directly from the apps section of your Sky Glass.
You first need to locate the ITVX app, then highlight the icon and simply input 0-0-0-0-7-7-7, using your Sky Glass TV remote control.
When you’re ready, reboot your Sky Glass TV and test whether the ITVX application now works.
In case not, then proceed reading further into the guide…
6. Update the Sky Glass Firmware
By now, we’ve excluded most possibilities related to app corruption and bugs.
Therefore it’s now time to pay attention to the Sky Glass TV and whether the operating system is up to date.
When the firmware is old, many bugs might appear out of nowhere and randomly affect your ITVX app!
Here’s how to update your Sky Glass TV in easy steps:
- First, navigate to Settings > System Management.
- Secondly, scroll down and find “Resets and Updates”.
- In there, locate the “Updates” option to see for updates.
- Your Sky Glass will start searching for newer firmware.
- Provide your Sky Glass with a few minutes to finalise.
Note: Your Sky Glass TV must be connected to the internet in order to complete an update!
7. Factory Reset Your Sky Glass!
The final and most-powerful solution is to perform a factory reset on your Sky Glass, but this method is a double-edged sword.
The factory reset erases all personal settings and data but restores the default operation of your TV, resolving most of your ITVX application issues.
Tip: We recommend creating a backup of any data you would like to restore later!
Here’s how to factory reset Sky Glass TV in easy steps:
- Using the Sky Glass remote, go to Settings.
- From there, go to “System Management”.
- Next, go to the “Resets and Updates” tab.
- Then, navigate to the “Factory Reset” tab.
- You need to confirm that you want to proceed.
- The Sky Glass TV will now commence a reset.
When the factory reset process is over, you’ll need to configure your Sky Glass TV from scratch, which involves setting up all initial settings.
However, when you’re ready the ITVX app will be there at your disposal so open the app to test whether the software now works.
One More Thing – Test on Different Devices!
In case absolutely nothing helps, it’s time to check whether ITVX works on different devices compared to your Sky Glass TV.
ITVX is available on mobile (Android and iOS), Xbox, smart TVs, and of course, through a web browser on any computer, laptop, or smartphone.
So, test whether ITVX works on other devices, and if yes, you’ll tighten down the circle of possibilities to your Sky Glass TV.
If however, the app doesn’t work anywhere, you need to double-check your internet connection or test on a different internet (smartphone’s hotspot).
Tip: Contact ITVX customer support for further assistance!
Now we know why ITVX not working on Sky Glass, hence the best way to approach the issue would be to refresh all apps on Sky Glass and power cycle the TV.
If that doesn’t help, verify the integrity of your internet and WiFi and factory reset the Sky Glass TV.
Follow us for more ITVX solution guides!