If ITVX not working on Samsung TV, then you’ve found the correct guide so keep reading!
Samsung TVs are unique in their operation and how they handle apps.
So, when only the ITVX app is not working, you might start worrying that something is wrong with the TV, but this is not always the case.
Stay with us throughout this guide to regain the ITVX TV app functionality!
If ITVX isn’t functioning on your Samsung TV, examine your internet connection, update the app to the latest version, and clear the app’s cache data stored on your TV’s memory.
Let’s keep unwrapping the solution!
Why is ITVX On Samsung TV Not Working?
Here are the potential causes, that prevent the ITVX app from working on your Samsung TV:
Important – Check for ITVX Outages!
Before anything else, go to support.itv.com and then check under the “Latest Service Status Updates” tab.
You should see the most recent ITVX server status tweet that has been published in “X” formerly known as the social media “Twitter”.
ITVX Not Working on Samsung TV – 7 Proven Solutions!
Tip: Follow the solutions in consecutive order!
1. Re-Open the ITVX Application!
ITVX advises most users to simply re-open the ITVX app, which should resolve any issues with Samsung’s Tizen OS.
This is the simplest step to undertake, and if you’re unfamiliar, then follow the steps below:
- Press the “Home” button on the Samsung remote.
- Once exited the ITVX app, wait for 15-20 seconds.
- Select the ITVX application from the TV home page.
- Start up ITVX and wait for the application to load.
- If prompted, sign in to the app via user credentials.
In case that doesn’t help, keep reading!
2. Power Cycle the Samsung TV
There is a way to verify that there are no temporal issues with the ITVX app by conducting the power cycle process on the Samsung TV.
This type of reset does not erase any data on the TV and will only discharge the hardware and refresh the software, for a fresh ITVX app test!
To power cycle, your Samsung TV, unplug the power cable!
After about 60 seconds, you can reconnect your Samsung TV, but make sure to do so directly, straight into the wall outlet.
Rarely, power fluctuations from strips can impact the performance of the Samsung TV, leading to slow application loading times, crashes, and unexpected restarts.
Note: Applying the power cycle process helps with reducing the internal TV temperature, which helps against overheating.
3. Verify the Samsung TV’s WiFi
Optimizing the Wi-Fi connectivity of the Samsung TV may resolve the problem experienced with the ITVX app in seconds.
If your TV is no longer receiving internet or the WiFi is not connected to the internet, all online apps will not load, not only ITVX.
How to Connect Samsung TV to a WiFi Network?
- Press the “Left” arrow button on the directional pad.
- Scroll down and highlight the “All Settings” option.
- Next, press “OK” on the remote control to access.
- Navigate to the “Network” tab and select the Wi-Fi.
- Then, insert the password for your home network.
- Finally, press “Connect” to establish a connection.
How to Improve WiFi/Internet Connection Speeds?
The speed of the Wi-Fi may fluctuate based on how much network bandwidth is consumed.
The bandwidth is the resource your network provides to all connected devices and any insufficiency could result in ITVX not loading or constantly crashing.
Here are some quick tips to improve the Wi-Fi connection on your TV:
- Restart the router by unplugging it from power for 60 seconds.
- Disconnect unused devices from the WiFi to save bandwidth.
- Reconnect the service cable from the router’s blue input port.
Note: Also verify that your internet fees are paid!
4. Enable “Auto Update” Samsung Feature
Functionality problems with the ITVX may arise if the application is not working on the most current software version.
Samsung TVs entirely take care of keeping applications up to date with the “Auto Update” software function.
How To Enable Samsung “Auto Update”?
- Press the “Home” button on the Samsung TV remote.
- Choose “APPS” from the home page of the TV device.
- Navigate to “Settings” situated in the top right corner.
- Move the TV cursor to “Auto Update” and press “OK”.
How to Update Samsung TV Firmware?
- Navigate to the Samsung TV menu.
- Press “Settings” and press “Support”.
- Select the “Software Update” option.
- Check if a newer version is available.
About the “Auto Update” Function!
Once activated, the “Auto Update” will create an update queue for all installed applications that are not on the most current software version.
Thus, it may take a while once it is time for ITVX to update, so be patient until the TV completes all necessary updates.
Alert: Make sure that the Samsung TV stays connected to Wi-Fi during the updates!
5. Clear the Cache of the Samsung TV
There is an easy way to clear the cache for a particular application installed on the Samsung TV individually, which would help restore the app’s functionality.
The app cache is essentially saved in the TV’s storage, for optimization, but sometimes file corruption causes the exact opposite.
Here’s how to clear the cache of ITVX app installed on Samsung TV:
- Press “Home” on the Samsung TV remote control.
- Navigate to the “All Settings” page in the options.
- Choose “Support” and then select “Device Care”.
- Navigate to “Manage Storage” and choose ITVX.
- Press “View Details” to access the ITVX options.
- Finally, choose “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data”.
Tip: Once the cache of ITVX is cleared, repeat the steps above for all installed apps!
6. Uninstall the ITVX Application
There could be a software problem with the ITVX application, preventing it from being launched on the Samsung TV.
To address the problem, you must perform a clean reinstallation of the ITVX app, by first erasing it from the TV and then downloading it again from the content store.
Follow these steps to reinstall the ITVX app on a Samsung TV device:
- First, press the “Home” button on the remote control.
- Scroll all the way down to “Apps” and press “OK”.
- Locate the ITVX application from the app listings.
- Highlight the app and choose “Delete” to remove it.
- Press the “Return” button to access the app store.
- Tap on the search field and download the ITVX app.
First-Time Setup of ITVX On Samsung TV?
After the application has been reinstalled, you must go through the initial setup of the platform once again on the Samsung TV.
First, sign into your account and then follow all the on-screen instructions to activate the ITVX app on the Samsung TV and include it in your ITVX account.
Note: If the activation fails, double-check all of the ITVX user data required for the process!
7. Restore Initial Settings on Samsung TV
Perhaps, the issue might be more profound than we thought, especially if the ITVX app is still refusing to work, after all the previous solutions.
Although this is a last resort measure, the factory reset process might just do the magic and restore the ITVX application operation!
Alert: The factory reset will erase all settings and configurations on your Samsung TV!
Follow these instructions to perform a factory reset on the Samsung TV:
- Open the settings of the Samsung TV.
- Choose “General” and select “Reset”.
- Enter the parental PIN (“0000” by default).
- Choose the “Reset” option to proceed.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions.
ITVX App Still Not Working on Samsung TV?
We recommend checking whether ITVX is working on other devices such as your mobile so you can tighten the circle of possibilities even further.
In case nothing helps, you might need to get in touch with ITVX Customer Support to explore possible solutions. Best of luck!
The reason why ITVX not working on Samsung TV is because of an outdated firmware version or WiFi connectivity issues with the TV.
The best move would be to first verify the TV’s WiFi connection, then reinstall the ITVX app and factory reset the Samsung TV.
Follow us for more!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.