If you have been searching for how to restart shaw BlueCurve modem, you have come to the right place.
Restarting your modem can solve most of the issues that occur. The method of restart chosen will depend on the type of hardware you are using.
Some modern devices have a power button. However, some routers do not.
The ideal way to restart your BlueCurve modem is by power cycling it. This is where you turn off the power and back on.
If your router has a power button, you can turn it off and back on. You cannot turn off your router from your BlueCurve app.
If your Shaw BlueCurve modem has an issue, the best solution is to restart it. There are situations where you may not even have access to the modem but still restart it.
Here are the steps.
How to Restart Shaw BlueCurve Modem Step by Step
There are three main ways to power cycle a modem. These ways apply to different Shaw BlueCurve modems.
The main ways to power cycle your modem are as follows.
- Power cycling from the power button
- Power cycling by unplugging from the power
- Power cycling by turning off the power source
Note: Some of these methods are only applicable in situations where you do not have direct access to your router.
If you can access your router, stick to the direct method of turning it off and back on.
Step #1 Unplug the Power Cord on Shaw Modem
Before we head any further, it is important to note that most Shaw equipment is usually interconnected.
If you are unplugging one device from power, there is a risk of affecting others. For this purpose, you should be careful with what you do.
For the purpose of restarting the Shaw BlueCurve modem, we are going to unplug the modem alone.
The first step is to locate the power cable port on your modem. Unplug this cable from power so that the router goes off.
Follow these steps to unplug from power:
- Locate the power cable, usually running from the back of your router to the electric plug.
- Unplug it, leaving all your other gadgets on power
- Wait for about 30 seconds to 1 minute
- Plug your power cable back into your Shaw BlueCurve modem
- When you plug your shaw modem back to power all the lights will go on. Wait until the device completes rebooting.
- The modem will show the steady Online light on when it has finished rebooting.
With that, your modem will have restarted successfully and should have resolved the connection problem.
Note: To confirm that the issue has been resolved, you have to test your laptop's Internet access.
Restart your computer and visit Google.com to see if your router is working well. You may also check your internet speed at fast.com to confirm that the modem is okay.
Step #2 Use the Reset Button to Restart Shaw Modem
The other option you may want to try is using the power button.
Unfortunately, most of the old Shaw routers do not have a power button. This means that the only solution for such is power cycling.
However, if you happen to have a router that is equipped with a power button, your work is much simpler.
- Locate the power button on your router, usually at the back
- Press and hold until all the lights on the router go off
- Wait for about 10 seconds
- Press the power button until all lights go on
- Let the device complete rebooting
Note: There is a difference between the power button and the reset button.
Most routers have a reset button but lack a power button. The reset button is a small button at the back that requires a pin to press.
Step #3 Power Cycling by Turning off the Power Source
This is an option that should only be used under very specific conditions.
If you choose to use this option, make sure you take care of other devices using power.
You can turn off the power source if
- Your router is installed at a location where unplugging from the power would cause great inconvenience.
- When you do not have access to the router but can access power outlets.
For instance, if your router is installed in the attic, you may want to consider switching off power instead of going up there.
Steps to turn off the power from the source
- Locate the power cable responsible for powering off your router
- If it is plugged into an independent socket, turn the socket off and wait.
- If the device shares a wall socket with other devices, turn off all the shared devices first.
- Once all the devices are turned off, turn off the wall socket and wait for about 30 seconds.
- Turn back on the wall socket and wait for approximately 1 minute for the device to reboot.
- After one minute, connect to your wifi to see if your problem has been resolved.
Note: If the problem is resolved, turn back on the other devices that share the wall socket with your router.
This method can be quite risky to other appliances in your home. If your modem shares devices it is important that you switch them off before turning off the source of power.
If you have to turn off the primary supply, you should have sufficient knowledge about the process.
Step #4: Restart Modem by Resetting
This final solution does not necessarily restart your modem. On the contrary, it is a resetting method.
What happens is that, if you reset your modem, it must undergo a complete reboot process.
If you have tried the above solutions without much success, the final solution is resetting your Blue ShawCurve modem.
Steps to Reset your Shaw modem
- Locate the tiny reset button at the back of your modem
- Using a pin press the button until all the lights on your modem flash once.
- After the lights flash, release the power button and let your modem complete the reset.
- It takes approximately 2 minutes for your modem to complete the reset.
- Once the reset is complete, your wifi should come back online.
Note: If you choose to reset your Shaw modem, you should be ready to set it up afresh.
Whenever your modem is reset, you must reconnect to your Shaw Wifi and set up your password afresh.
How to Reconfigure Shaw Modem After Resetting
If you have the modem and would love to reconfigure it, you have to use the BlueCurve app.
Below are the steps to reconfigure your Wifi:
- Download the Shaw BlueCurve app from the Apple or Google store
- Log in to the app with your Shaw ID
- Select connect on your app
- Select See Network
- Under See Network choose Advanced Settings
- Select LAN and WAN and select your modem from the list
- Enter your password, which is usually at the back of your modem
- Save changes to complete the setup
- When done, try using your Wifi to see if it is functioning accordingly.
Note: If you think this is a complex process, simply contact Shaw by sending them a message on their Contact page.
They will send a representative to help with resetting your router.
If you are wondering how to restart Shaw BlueCurve modem, there are a few key options. One of these options is unplugging your modem from power.
This is the easiest and most direct method of restarting your modem. Besides this, you may also use the power button if your modem provides this option.
If you do not have access to your modem, you may turn off the source of power.
You can even turn off the power from the central unit, as long as all the other essential electronics are safe.
Read Next: Shaw Blue Curve Flashing Orange? – Reasons & Fix
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.