Want to know how to get a PAC code from Virgin Mobile? This guide is for you.
Getting your PAC code allows you to transfer your number from one network to another. It’s easy and free, so you’ll be able to do it in a matter of minutes.
To get your PAC code, text PAC to 65075 from your Virgin Mobile phone. You’ll also get it through your online account, so you’ll be able to send it to your new provider.
Here’s what you need to do!
How to Get a PAC Code From Virgin Mobile – Understanding It
The PAC or Porting Authorisation Code is a unique 9-digit code that allows you to transfer your mobile number to a different network provider.
If you’ve decided to go with a different provider, you need to use this so you won’t experience the hassle of changing your mobile number.
Reasons Why You Might Want to Leave Virgin Mobile
Virgin Mobile is one of the UK’s leading mobile network providers, offering a range of plans and services.
However, there are reasons why you’re not going to be satisfied with what they currently offer and choose to move.
Here are some of the top reasons why users would want to leave Virgin Mobile:
- You are unhappy with the quality of their service
- You’ve moved to an area with poor Virgin Mobile coverage
- You’ve found a better deal with a different network
- You want to change your mobile device or plan
- You’re travelling frequently and want to use a different provider
Whatever your reason, you have all the right to leave one provider for another as long as you’re out of your contract period.
Note: If you’re still within your minimum contract period, you’re going to pay early cancellation fees to get out of it and move to a different provider.
Complete Guide on How to Get Your Virgin Media PAC Code
If you want Virgin Media get PAC code, it’s a simple and straightforward process.
The best part is it’s completely free as long as you don’t have to pay any type of fee with your mobile phone or a contract lock.
Preparing for the Switch
Before you request your PAC code from Virgin Mobile, you need to do a few preparatory tasks.
These are incredibly simple and should ensure that you won’t face any issues when you make the switch.
Here are some of the things you need to do:
- Make sure you have your Virgin Mobile account details handy
- Check if you’re out of your minimum contract period
- If you still are, figure out how much early cancellation fee you have to pay
- Find a new provider that suits your needs and budget
- Order a new SIM card from your new provider
Tip: To check if you’re still within your minimum contract period, log in to your Virgin Mobile account and see how long you have left on your minimum term.
Contacting Virgin Mobile Support
One of the most crucial steps in getting your PAC code is to contact Virgin Mobile. So, once you have done the preparation, it’s time to request your PAC code.
Here are the steps you should follow:
- Text PAC and your date of birth to 65075. Example: PAC 01/06/1989.
- Sign in to your Virgin Mobile account and select the Switching section.
- Call 789 from your Virgin Mobile phone to speak with a customer service agent.
Verifying Your Identity
When you contact Virgin Mobile support and let them know you want to switch carriers, they’re going to verify your identity.
You will need to provide some of your personal details so they are able to compare them to the ones they have on file.
Here are some of the information they’re going to ask from you:
- Your first and last name
- Your current home address
- Your Virgin Mobile account number
- Your Virgin Mobile phone number
Tip: Virgin Mobile does this to ensure that only you have access to your account and request your PAC code.
Requesting and Receiving Your PAC Code
Virgin Media request PAC code is the next step you’re going to do after confirming your identity.
You need to wait for them to authorize your account, and your PAC code should arrive within a few minutes.
Depending on how you requested your code, here’s where you’ll receive it:
- If by text: wait for a text message with the PAC code
- If through your online account: the PAC code will be displayed on the screen
- If by phone: they will say the PAC code and text and email you.
Incentives to Stay with Virgin Mobile
When you request a PAC code from an operator like Virgin Mobile, this signals to them that you will transfer to a different network.
It’s understandable that they’re going to offer you a few deals and additional incentives, so you change your mind.
Here are some of the incentives that they will offer you:
- A better deal or offer that’s going to match your new provider’s plan.
- A free upgrade or discount on a new phone or device.
- A loyalty reward bonus for staying with Virgin Mobile.
Note: There’s no problem in accepting or declining these deals and incentives, as it’s going to be entirely up to you.
Understanding Your PAC Code Validity
Now that you have saved your PAC code, you want to understand that a validity period goes with it. You want to use it within 30 days from the time you receive it, as it can expire.
There’s nothing you need to worry though, if you change your mind and don’t want to use it.
However, if you’ve forgotten to use it and still decide to go ahead and change providers, you’re going to need to request a new one when the 30-day period has lapsed.
To check the validity of your PAC code, here’s what you need to do:
- Text INFO to 85075 from your Virgin Mobile phone that requested the PAC code.
- You will receive a text with your:
- PAC Code
- The expiry date of your PAC code
- The remaining balance on your Virgin Mobile account
- Any cancellation fees that apply to your account
Tip: All this information is also available on your Virgin Mobile online account portal.
Transferring to a New Network
After receiving your PAC code from Virgin Mobile, you’re now able to transfer to your new network provider.
It’s not a complicated process, as they’re going to take care of the heavy lifting and figure out how to transfer your number from one provider to another.
Sending the PAC Code to Your New Provider
At this point, you should have a new SIM card from your new provider. Your only job is to send them your PAC code so they will be able to initiate the transfer process on your behalf.
They’ll also take care of coordinating with Virgin Mobile and make it happen.
Here are the ways to send your PAC code to your new provider:
- Log in to your new provider’s online account.
- Navigate to the Switching option.
- Enter your PAC code from Virgin Mobile to initiate the porting process.
- For some providers, open their Transfer Form and enter your PAC code.
Alternate: Calling your new network provider is a more direct way to ensure they receive your request so they can start the process immediately.
Cancelling Your Virgin Mobile Services
Now that you have set the ball rolling, you might be wondering if you need to cancel your Virgin Mobile services.
The good news here is that you don’t need to do anything. Once your new provider receives your PAC code, they’re the ones that are going to coordinate with Virgin Mobile.
Here are some of the things you need to know to cancel your Virgin Mobile services:
- Don’t cancel your services, as that will mess up the porting process.
- Pay your final bills or any fees associated with cancelling your account.
- Let your new provider do the cancellation process for you.
Note: Your Virgin Mobile account is automatically cancelled when your number is successfully ported.
Timeline to Porting Your Number
The switching process usually takes around one working day to complete. However, it might take longer, especially if you start the process on Saturday or Sunday.
If you want to know how long it takes for you to start using your number on your new network, check the table:
|Day you make the switch||The day you make the switch|
|Monday to Friday before 6 PM||Expect it by the next working day|
|Monday to Friday after 6 PM||Expect your transfer to be completed in two working days|
|Saturday or Sunday||Tuesday|
Pro Tip: If you make the switch on a bank holiday, it will take an extra day for the processing to complete.
You’ll know the switch is complete since you’ll receive a text message from your new network provider confirming your number is transferred.
To be sure, you’ll need to test your ported number by:
- Making a call using your new provider’s SIM
- Sending a text on your new SIM
- Calling your number from a different phone
Thus, if you want to know how to get a PAC code from Virgin Mobile, it’s not as hard as you think. All you need to do is text PAC to 65075 and wait for the reply with your code.
You’ll then be able to use it within 30 days to transfer your number to a different provider. To read more Virgin Mobile troubleshooting steps and guides, visit our blog!
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues.