Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you’re away from home and want to know how to charge Fitbit Sense without charger?
There are many alternative ways to charge your device that you should know about. Despite its impressive battery life, your Fitbit Sense will eventually need charging.
Here’s how you do it.
Yes, it’s possible to charge your Fitbit Sense even if you don’t have its charger with you. You can get a USB cable and plug it into your laptop, smart TV, or power bank.
Before we get into the details of various charging methods, let us discuss the reasons you must know how to charge your Fitbit Sense without a charger.
Can You Charge Fitbit Sense Without Charger
Yes, you can charge your Fitbit Sense without a charger. Fitbit devices do not come with wall chargers in the box.
You only get a USB charging cable that you can plug into a power bank’s port, a laptop’s USB port, and a UL-certified USB wall charger.
Knowing how to charge your Fitbit Sense without a charger can become very handy, especially when:
- The original charger is damaged
- The charger is malfunctioning
- You forgot your charger
- You are traveling without your charger
- It is convenient to charge using other methods
If ever you’re under any of the above situations, don’t worry! You can refer to our step-by-step guide on how to charge your Fitbit Sense without a charger.
Full Guide on How to Charge Fitbit Sense Without Charger
There are many ways to charge your Fitbit Sense. Although the charging time may vary for each, they can get your device fully charged.
Here are the key takeaways on how to charge Fitbit Sense without a charger:
- It usually takes 1 to 2 hours to charge your Fitbit tracker fully.
- A charger designed for other Fitbit models won’t work with Fitbit Sense.
- Align the magnet against the back of your Fitbit device for effective charging.
1. Charge It On Your Computer or Laptop
If you want to charge your Fitbit Sense and you don’t have a charger handy, one option that you have is to plug it into your computer or laptop.
If you employ this method, you’re only going to need the cable and not an adapter.
A downside to using your computer or laptop is that it can take longer than an adapter.
Here’s how to charge your Fitbit on a computer or laptop:
- Plug one end of your charging cable into your computer’s USB port.
- Attach your Fitbit to the magnetic end of the charging cable.
- Check your Fitbit’s battery levels and leave it until it’s fully charged.
Note: Make sure the pins of your charging cable are aligned with your Fitbit.
2. Plug It Directly Into a USB Wall Socket
Another option is to plug your charging cable directly into a USB Wall Socket. You will not need an adapter with this method.
However, you’re going to need special sockets where you can directly plug in your USB.
Here’s how to charge your Fitbit by plugging it into a USB Wall Socket:
- Plug one end of your Fitbit’s charging cable into an outlet with a USB socket.
- Align the other end of the charging cable to the back of your Fitbit.
- Allow the end of the charging cable to attach to your Fitbit magnetically.
- Wait for your Fitbit to charge fully.
Note: Make sure you use a UL-certified USB wall charger to protect your device from power surges.
3. Charge It Using a Power Bank
If you’re a traveler, a wall charger isn’t an option to charge your Fitbit Sense.
You must have a power bank to juice up your device’s battery wherever you go. Depending on the power bank, your Fitbit might charge faster or slower.
Using a power bank can be incredibly convenient as you don’t need an adapter to power your Fitbit.
On the plus side, you can also charge your other devices, such as your phone.
Here are the steps to charge your Fitbit Sense with a power bank:
- Connect one end of the charging cable to the power bank.
- Connect the other end to your Fitbit Sense.
- Press the power button on your power bank to turn it on.
- You should see a charging symbol appear on your device.
- Leave your Fitbit Sense and power bank on the table for an hour or so.
Note: A power bank may not offer fast charging like the UL-certified USB wall charger, but it’s still a good way to recharge your Fitbit Sense when you’re on the go.
4. Use a Wireless Charger
Your Fitbit Sense already uses wireless charging technology. It means that any wireless charger is capable of charging it. Most wireless chargers should be compatible with your Fitbit.
Even if you lost your Fitbit charger, as long as you have a wireless charger from your other gadgets, you should have no issues getting it charged.
Here’s how to charge your Fitbit using a wireless charger:
- Plug one end of your wireless charger into a power source.
- Plug the other end of the cable into the wireless charging pad.
- Place your Fitbit bottom side down on the charging pad.
- Wait for the charge indicator of your Fitbit to light up.
Note: Make sure you position your Fitbit in the center of the pad so the magnets align properly.
5. Plug It Into Your Smart TVs USB Port
You may have now realized that as long as there is a USB port you can plug into, you can charge your Fitbit Sense.
This is not going to be your top choice as it requires an entirely different appliance.
Charging your Fitbit by plugging it into your Smart TV is an excellent option if you’re in a hotel room and don’t have many available USB ports.
The TV will surely have one giving you an extra slot for your gadgets to plug in.
Here’s how to charge your Fitbit on a Smart TV:
- Switch on your Smart TV to provide power to its USB ports.
- Plug the charging cord of your Fitbit into the USB port.
- Connect the other end to your Fitbit.
- Wait a few seconds until your Fitbit indicates it’s charging.
Note: You can also try with your TV in standby mode, so you don't need to turn it on.
Step #6: Confirm That Your Fitbit Sense is Charging
These charging methods for your Fitbit Sense are not the most typical.
That’s why it’s important that you confirm that these work, especially the first time you try it.
Your Fitbit has several ways of letting you know it’s charging, so you shouldn’t have difficulty confirming.
Here’s how to know if your Fitbit is charging:
- Check your Fitbit’s display for an indicator like the battery icon.
- You can also see a blinking light on the device that tells you it’s charging.
- As soon as you plug in your Fitbit, wait for the charging symbol to appear.
- Check the battery level if it’s increasing.
- Use the Fitbit app on your phone to check its status.
Note: If you're using the app or your computer to check its status, make sure that your Fitbit is synced up with them.
These are the different ways to charge up your Fitbit Sense even if you don’t have its charger.
There are a lot of ways for you to charge it up, so you don’t really need to worry.
However, if your tracker is not charging for some reason, it’s best to contact Fitbit support for help.
Now that you know how to charge Fitbit Sense without charger, there’s no reason to worry if you don’t have the necessary gear.
You can use any of these methods and be confident that your Fitbit will have the battery power to last you the next day.
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues.