You may be wondering, how do I program my Shaw remote to my soundbar if you just purchased a new audio device?
The Shaw BlueCurve system is one of the most advanced for audio and TV. The reason why it ranks high is that it offers complete control over all your devices.
The beauty of it all is that you only need one remote. The one remote can run your TV and audio devices all in one.
To program Shaw BlueCurve remote to the soundbar, you need to connect it to your Shaw set-top box.
The Shaw set-top box is the central control system for both TV and audio devices. Once connected, you can set up your audio and manage it in the similar way you set up the TV.
If you do not have any skills in setting up Shaw TV, keep on reading.
We look at all the steps in programming the Shaw BlueCurve remote to your audio system.
Shaw BlueCurve Remote Keys and Functions
Before we even consider the programming of your remote, let us look at the important keys on your remote.
For the sake of this guide, we will mainly focus on Shaw’s two latest remotes.
If you have an old remote you should consider upgrading. We will be setting up the XR11 and XR15 BlueCurve remotes.
The main Keys on your remote are
- TV Power– Used to turn the TV on and off.
- All Power– Used to turn Cable box, TV and Audio devices on and off.
- Voice Control-Used to turn on voice commands to find programs
- SHAW/Menu buttons- Used to access guides, record programs, search, open settings and on-demand apps.
- SETUP– Used to program Shaw remote to other devices.
- TV Input key- Used to change between TV inputs
All of these keys are very important in setting up your Shaw remote to TV and audio devices.
How to Connect Your Soundbar to Shaw Set-Top Box
In order to program the Shaw remote to the soundbar, you must first connect your soundbar to the set-top box.
As mentioned, the set-top box is at the centre of your remote functions.
The method of connecting the set-top box with the soundbar will depend on the type of soundbar in question.
There are soundbar devices that are fully wireless. For such, you have to connect with the Shaw set-top box via Bluetooth.
There are those that use HDMI cables, you may connect with HDMI. With that said, most modern devices are wireless.
How to connect Bluetooth sound bar to Shaw set-top box
- Power on your Shaw set-top box and TV
- Your Shaw TV should already be programmed to use your Shaw remote.
- Your Shaw set-top box will automatically try searching for any Bluetooth devices that are within range.
- All discovered devices will show up on your TV screen
- If the audio soundbar you are looking for is not found, check to confirm that it is powered on.
- If you see the device you want, scroll with the navigation buttons on your remote and select it.
Note: If the device you are trying to program is not Bluetooth enabled, connect it to your set-top box using an HDMI cable.
How Do I Program My Shaw Remote to My Soundbar Step by Step?
Now that you have connected your set-top box to the audio device, you should be able to program your remote.
In this regard, programming simply means setting up your remote such that it can directly control the audio device.
If you want to know how to program the shaw direct remote to the soundbar, these are the steps.
Step #1 Program XR11 BlueCurve TV remote to Soundbar
- With your remote loaded with batteries, press and hold the SHAW button.
- Wait until the remote light turns from Red to Green
- Three digits will show up on your TV screen, type these digits on your remote control.
- Press OK to complete pairing the device with your TV
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete setting up your TV to audio.
Note: The instructions you get on the TV may vary from one TV brand to another.
Make sure you follow all the steps to complete setting up the soundbar.
Step #2 Program XR15 BlueCurve TV remote to Soundbar
- Press and hold the SHAW and Info buttons simultaneously
- Wait until the remote light changes from Red to Green
- Follow the instructions on the screen until required to enter a three-digit code.
- Press the numbers shown on your TV on your remote and press OK.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to finish setting up your audio device.
Step #3 Manually Program Shaw Remote to Soundbar
In looking at how to program the shaw BlueSky remote to the soundbar, you must consider that the automatic setting may fail.
Ideally, we expect that once the audio device is turned on, it should be detected. However, there are cases where it is not detected.
If your system is not detected, we can use the CodeFinder tool to set up your system.
For this to happen, you will have to log in to your Shaw account.
Here are the steps:
- Log in to My Shaw https://my.shaw.ca/
- Select BlueCurve to manage and connect devices
- Select Set Up My Remote
- Search for your TV on the CodeFinder and connect it to your set-top box.
- Once TV is connected to the set-top box, follow the instructions in steps #1 &2 above to complete programming audio.
Step #4 Adjust Audio System Settings
Once you have paired your remote to the Shaw BlueCurve system, you need to program it to enjoy quality sound.
All Shaw set-top boxes are set to give a high-quality Dolby sound. However, if you do not apply the right settings, you may fail to enjoy quality sound.
How to adjust audio output on the Shaw system
- Press the Settings/Menu button twice on your remote
- Scroll down and select Setup and press OK.
- Scroll to Audio Setup and then press OK on your remote
- Scroll to find Audio Output– It should be set to TV Speakers by default.
- Press the right arrow on your remote to explore programming options as shown below.
Select the appropriate option below
- TV Speakers: You can select this option if you are using a cable between your set-top box and TV or audio device.
- Stereo: You may select this option in case you have connected your audio device using a composite RCA cable.
You have the freedom to adjust all the other audio settings to your preferences.
Note that, you can only enjoy full-channel audio if you make the necessary adjustments on your Shaw remote.
Stereo output ideal settings
- Mono- Select this option if you are using non-stereo TV or audio device.
- Stereo- Select this option if you are using a standard stereo TV
- Matrix- Select this option if you are using a Dolby Digital home theatre system.
Note: The system you are using is just as important as the settings you select.
If you are using a home theatre system, make sure you select the matrix stereo output to enjoy the full system benefits.
If you have just purchased a new soundbar, you can easily program it to work with your Shaw system.
If you have been asking how do I program my shaw remote to my soundbar, the steps above are the answer?
Make sure you follow all the steps right from pairing your soundbar to your set-top box.
If you experience any problems along the way, you may log in to My Shaw account and use the CodeFinder. Good luck and enjoy your music system.
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.