If you are traveling most of the time, you’ve probably encountered the problem of the hotel WiFi login page not showing.
Luckily, we have the answers you’re looking for!
It will be impossible to use your computer with the hotel’s internet whenever this happens.
You want to get it sorted as fast as possible so you can stream and watch a movie or your favorite TV shows.
Let’s find out how to fix this particular error!
To get the hotel WiFi login page to load, you can start by rebooting your computer and internet connections. Turning off the firewall also helps the connection to the login page load successfully. You can also use the router’s IP address to load the login page manually.
Before we move on to how you can get back to high-speed connectivity, let us discuss why you can’t see the hotel WiFi login page.
When staying in a hotel, you will most likely use their wireless network for work or to connect with people.
It allows you to stream music, videos, and other online content. If the login page isn’t showing, below are the common culprits.
1. Bug or Glitch in The Connection
Your PC, laptop, and even router can be prone to bugs. A bad firmware update can make the connection buggy or downright unusable.
2. Firewall Is Blocking the Connection
Your device’s firewall may prevent you from connecting to hotel WiFi. You need to disable the firewall to let the login page through.
3. Using an Outdated or Faulty DNS
Since DNS interprets, translates, and relays the data from your device to your router, any fault can prevent the WiFi login page from showing.
Changes in the DNS can also be the cause of the problem.
4. Issues with Your Default Browser
Because login pages use the browser interface to log in, a bug or glitch in the browser can impede the login process.
If changing the DNS does not fix the issue, changing the default browser might be worth a look.
These are the possible reasons the hotel WiFi login page isn’t showing.
Now, let’s proceed to the solutions.
Before we proceed to advanced solutions, let us start with the easiest and most obvious – restarting your device and reconnecting to the WiFi.
These refresh your connection and hopefully fix your hotel WiFi login page not showing issue.
A quick reboot may eliminate bugs and glitches.
But be sure to save your work first. You may need to reconnect to the hotel WiFi if this doesn’t work. Simply turn off your WiFi, then turn it back on.
If these don’t work, ask around if anyone else can use the WiFi. Perhaps, the connection is down, or the router needs to be restarted.
Proceed to the list of solutions below if you still can’t get the WiFi network screen to load.
If reconnecting does not resolve the hotel WiFi login page not showing Android or other devices, you’ll need to find a more robust solution.
The good news is that the solution you’re looking for is the Forget Network or WiFi feature.
Doing this will reset your connection settings and get everything to load up fresh.
This way, the hotel’s WiFi login page will open as soon as you reconnect to the network.
Here’s how to forget the WiFi network using your device:
- Open your phone’s Settings.
- Go to WiFi.
- Tap the ‘i’ Info button next to the connection.
- Select Forget This Network, then tap Forget.
- Go to Network and Internet from your phone’s Settings.
- Select WiFi, then Saved Networks.
- Choose the network you want to forget and tap on it.
- Tap the Forget button.
- Go to the Apple Menu and select System Settings.
- Click on WiFi.
- Select the Details of the network you’re connected to.
- Click on Forget This Network, then Remove.
Note: To connect to the WiFi network, you must type in the password again.
To access your hotel’s WiFi login page, you must force it out of the system.
If it does not pop up or load as soon as you connect to the network, there’s still a way for you to access it.
It does require some basic knowledge of IP addresses. However, even if you don’t have it, you can follow these steps closely and get it to load in no time.
Here’s how to use the router’s IP address to load the login page:
- Right-click on your computer’s Start Menu.
- Select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type ipconfig, then press Enter.
- Take note of the IP address opposite Default Gateway.
- Open a web browser and type the IP address on the address bar.
Tip: If the login page does not load immediately, you can try entering the IP address in an incognito window or the browser on your phone.
Nowadays, using a third-party DNS is common as it can significantly improve your connection quality.
However, there are instances when it can cause issues with loading login pages, especially on networks with a captive portal.
A faulty or outdated DNS can ruin your connection experience. If this happens, the login page will fail to load, and you won’t be able to use your hotel’s WiFi.
Here’s how to change the DNS Settings of your device:
- Right-click on the WiFi icon on the system tray.
- Choose Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on the hotel’s WiFi network.
- Choose Properties, then IPv4.
- Type in 220.127.116.11 as the default DNS server and 18.104.22.168 as the backup.
- Go to System Preferences on your laptop.
- Navigate to Network, then Advanced.
- Click on the DNS tab.
- Choose a DNS server from the list.
Note: Alternatively, you can also use 22.214.171.124 as the primary DNS paired with 126.96.36.199 as the secondary DNS.
One of the ways to get the hotel WiFi login page to load on your computer is to disable your device’s firewall.
The firewall blocks unnecessary or malicious network traffic from reaching your computer.
However, it can also stop legitimate connections like that of your WiFi’s login page.
To allow your hotel’s WiFi to go through, you can temporarily disable your device’s firewall.
This ensures that there’s nothing in the way so you can connect to your hotel’s WiFi.
Here’s how to disable your device’s firewall:
- Click the Start button, then select Settings.
- Choose Update and Security, then Windows Security.
- Go to Firewall and Network Protection.
- Switch the Firewall Settings to Off.
- Click on the Apple Menu.
- Go to System Settings, then Network.
- Select the Firewall option.
- Click the lock on the bottom left and enter your password.
- Select Turn Off Firewall.
Pro Tip: Don’t forget to switch your firewall back on after connecting to the hotel’s WiFi.
If the hotel WiFi login page is not showing iPhone, you want to look closely at the auto-join feature.
It can cause quite a few issues since the login page won’t trigger, and you cannot join the network.
Turning off the auto-join or auto-connect feature allows you to connect to the WiFi manually, opening up the login page.
Here’s how to disable your phone’s auto-join feature:
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap on the WiFi option.
- Select the ‘i’ button on the network you’re connected to.
- Toggle the Auto-Join switch to Off.
- Go to your phone’s Settings.
- Select Network and Internet.
- Tap on WiFi, then WiFi Preferences.
- Toggle the Connect to open networks switch Off.
When the hotel WiFi login page not showing Mac, there’s a reliable fix that you want to perform.
You can create a new network location, which essentially clears the network settings.
The next time you connect to the hotel’s WiFi, the login page will surely come up since it will detect your computer differently.
Here’s how to create a new network location with your Mac:
- Open your computer’s System Preferences.
- Go to Network.
- Choose Edit Locations.
- Add a new location by clicking the ‘+’ icon.
- Choose the new location and reconnect to the hotel’s WiFi.
Note: Remember to switch back to the default network location as soon as you get home.
If none of these solutions work and the hotel WiFi doesn’t load properly, you will need to contact the hotel’s IT department.
They might need to reset the connection manually by removing your computer from their servers.
You can now take the necessary steps to fix the hotel WiFi login page not showing. It’s certainly frustrating, especially when you’re tired from a long flight and can’t connect to the network.
As long as you follow these different solutions, you should be able to resolve the problem in no time.
Read Next: How to Connect to Hotel WiFi on Laptop?
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.