Want to find out why the Hive Heating app not working? Well, this guide covers everything!
Although the Hive application has been perfectly compatible with all mobile operating systems, potential functionality issues could still occur.
Hive may stop working due to internet outages, application corruption, or any outages with the Hive platform, so we must review all possibilities!
To fix whenever the Hive mobile app isn’t working, check if the mobile device’s internet connection is secure and clear the cache data. If that doesn’t help, reboot your mobile device and reinstall the application cleanly!
Let’s next unwrap the possible causes!
Why is the Hive Thermostat App Not Working?
The Hive app won’t work due to an issue with your device or a temporal outage/maintenance.
To understand the problem better and uncover the potential solutions, we must first look into the possibilities causing the Hive app to not open on your device or not to work correctly.
Here’s why the Hive app won’t work:
When summarised this way, the possibilities appear concise, but many surrounding factors exist.
This is why we must look into each possibility individually and solve the issue at once!
How to Fix When the Hive Heating App is Not Working?
Tip: Follow our solutions chronologically!
1. Check the Hive App Service Status!
Unlike other mobile platforms, users can identify ongoing outages or maintenance with the Hive application by viewing the online status checker page.
You could either check the status on your mobile device or use a compatible PC/laptop with a browser installed.
To check for outages with the Hive app, navigate to status.hivehome.ie.
The checker will display the necessary information for recent outages reported with the Hive application, and you will find out why is the application not working.
If the checker doesn’t display accurate or no information, then there isn’t currently ongoing service maintenance.
Note: Outages with the Hive application can take up to 2 hours until resolved.
2. Restart the Hive App & Reboot Device
Perhaps there’s a temporal issue with the Hive application on your mobile device, and to fix it, the system must be relaunched.
This is the best way to address temporal issues with the Hive platform and troubleshoot misconfigurations in your device’s settings!
How to Restart Hive App On Android and Reboot?
- Exit the Hive application on your mobile device.
- Press and hold the “power” button of the device.
- In the power menu, choose the “Reboot” option.
- Then, wait for the Android to reboot and test Hive.
How to Restart Hive App On iOS and Reboot?
- Swipe upwards to exit and close the Hive application.
- Next, open the “Settings” of the iPhone/iPad device.
- After that, go to “General” and scroll all the way down.
- Then, press on the blue “Shut Down” button and swipe.
Info: By restarting your device, you will refresh the software, and if the bug with the Hive app was related to the system, the issue should now be gone.
3. Inspect the Device’s Internet Connection!
If your mobile device isn’t connected to the internet securely, you won’t be able to access the Hive application on your iOS/Android device.
Hence, the next step is to verify that the cellular or Wi-Fi connection of the device is persistent and you’re not experiencing internet disconnects.
How to Check Internet Connection On Android?
- To check the Wi-Fi on an Android, navigate to Settings > “Connections” > “Wi-Fi.”
- To check the mobile data on an Android device, navigate to Settings > “Cellular.”
How to Check Internet Connection On iOS?
- To check the Wi-Fi on an iOS device, navigate to Settings > “Wi-Fi” and reconnect.
- To check the mobile data on an iOS device, navigate to Settings > “Mobile Data.”
Device Won’t Stay Connected to Wi-Fi?
If your device is currently not connected or experiences constant drops in the connection, it is possible that there’s an underlying issue with your network.
Here are a couple of tips to fix this:
- Reboot the network router.
- Reinstall the router service.
- Check the ISP subscription.
- Move closer to the router.
- Move away from obstructions.
Note: Verify that your device’s internet connection is intact before proceeding further!
4. Update the Version of the Hive App
One of the primary reasons for the functionality issues of the Hive platform is the outdated firmware version.
Checking for newer updates of the Hive app is accessible on Android and iOS, so the next step is verifying that the platform is updated to the most current version.
Verify that the mobile device is connected to the internet before updating!
How to Update Hive On Android?
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Tap on your profile icon located on the bottom right.
- Choose “Manage Apps & Device” from the menu.
- Scroll down and locate the Hive app from the list.
- Press the “Update” button next to the app to begin.
How to Update Hive On iOS?
- Open the App Store on your iPhone/iPad device.
- Locate and press on your Profile Icon at the top.
- Scroll to “Pending Updates and Release Notes.”
- Locate the Hive app and press the “Update” button.
- Wait for the update of the Hive app to be completed.
Warning: If you’re connected to mobile data while updating, extra Mbps will be consumed
5. Clear the Hive App’s System Cache!
Clearing the system cache is the typical way to resolve functionality issues with any mobile application.
This step will teach you how to remove the system cache of the Hive app both on Android and iOS and how to maintain fast operating speeds and restore functionality.
How to Clear Hive App Cache on Android?
- Open the Settings of the Android device.
- Next, go to “Apps” and press on “See All.”
- Locate the Hive app from the list and tap it.
- Tap “Storage and cache” > “ Clear Cache.”
- To complete, press the “Clear Data” button.
How to Clear Hive App Cache on iOS?
On iOS, you can’t really clear the cache for a specific app, so we recommend attempting the “offload” method.
Go into Settings, tap “iPhone Storage,” and locate and press on the Hive app.
Then press the “Offload App” button to erase the app but preserve the app’s files.
Note: You can download the Hive app on iOS from the App Store!
6. Unpair & Pair to the Hive Thermostat
If you’re receiving a different type of error with the Hive application, re-adding the thermostat will resolve any issues within the platform.
Even if the application launches successfully, not being able to see or manage the added devices is unacceptable, so unpairing and pairing should help.
Here’s how to re-add the Hive thermostat to the mobile application:
- Log in with your Hive account into the Hive application.
- Navigate to the “Settings” page from the home menu.
- Press on “Install Devices” and tap “Add another device”.
- Select the type of device interface you wish to add.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add the device.
Once the thermostat is added to the Hive app, you must assign it to a room and provide other basic information about the profile of the device.
To access the configuration of the thermostat once it has been added, navigate to “Devices” in the Hive app and press on the thermostat.
Alert: A good internet connection is required to add devices to Hive successfully!
7. Uninstall and install the Hive App
A clean reinstallation is recommended to address all errors and underlying issues with the Hive app.
This is the most potent solution against any error encountered with a mobile platform, so let’s uncover how to complete the process on Android and iOS!
How to Reinstall the Hive App On Android?
To uninstall Hive on Android, go to Settings > “Apps” > “Hive” > “Uninstall.”
Note: On Android, go to the Google Play Store to download the Hive app!
How to Reinstall the Hive App On iOS?
To uninstall apps on iOS, hold the app’s icon and press “Remove this app.”
After removing the Hive app, access the App Store and locate the Hive application again.
Press the “Download” button beneath the application to start the download process.
Note: On iOS, you can download the Hive App from the App Store!
Hive Heating App Not Working On iPhone?
If you’ve confirmed that the Hive app works on different devices but not on your iPhone, there are many possibilities.
Here’s what may cause the Hive app not to work on your iPhone mobile:
- The Hive application is outdated on your iPhone.
- The iPhone is using mobile data instead of WiFi.
- The iPhone is in Airplane Mode, causing issues.
- Your iPhone may not be connected to the internet.
Note: For more assistance and troubleshooting, contact Hive Support.
Hence, whenever the Hive Heating app not working, update the app to the most current firmware version and check the device’s internet connection.
If the error persists, check for ongoing outages with Hive and reinstall the app cleanly from your phone or device.
Follow our blog for more technical resolutions and tips!
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues. Check out more about him here.