Is HBO Max not working with AT&T? There are chances that the issue is browser-related.
If you didn’t sign in to HBO Max with your AT&T subscription, you wouldn’t be able to use any of the HBO Max features.
Even if this is happening, don’t worry. We got you covered.
This guide will show you the most likely causes and fixes for this issue.
To fix your HBO Max sign-in issues through the AT&T account, update your browser and verify your subscription. Next, clear your browsers or devices’ cached files and then relog into your HBO Max account.
Now that you are better aware of the accurate troubleshooting we will be attempting, let’s identify the causes before resolving the issue.
Why Is HBO Max Not Working With AT&T?
If your HBO Max is not working with the AT&T plan, then the only possibility you have for troubleshooting is to check your browsers and HBO Max/ AT&T accounts.
Alternatively, you can troubleshoot any device with the HBO Max app installed.
Here are the most common causes of this issue:
Alert: When trying to perform these steps, ensure that you are using your Wi-Fi, as some mobile carriers might prevent proper streaming.
How To Fix HBO Max Downloads Not Working With AT&T?
Now that you are aware of the most common causes, we can begin troubleshooting your HBO Max not working with AT&T.
Ensure that before you try signing in to HBO Max that your HBO plans are correctly set up.
Note: You need to have the HBO Max service activated on AT&T’s page before any of the troubleshooting steps.
Solution #1 Update Your Browser
If your browser is outdated and you try logging in and using the HBO Max app through AT&T, you might get an error.
It’s best always to keep your browsers updated, which is essential for security reasons.
Check for any software updates on your browser of choice and ensure HBO Max supports it.
If you aren’t sure how to do so, search the internet for update + your browser name. (For example: update Firefox).
Note: HBO Max only officially supports Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari on their latest versions.
Solution #2 Delete And Reinstall HBO Max
This step is helpful if there was some issue that occurred during the installation of the HBO Max application.
Deleting and reinstalling your HBO max account can also ensure that you are running the latest version of the app.
Here are the steps to reinstalling your HBO Max app:
- Delete your HBO Max application by pressing and holding on the HBO Icon
- Open the App or Google Play store and then install the HBO Max app again
- Open the newly installed HBO Max app and sign in again
After these steps, check to see if you still have trouble using HBO Max through the AT&T subscription plan.
Note: If you are on a browser, try opening the HBO Max app in a private window instead.
Solution #3 Try A Different Web Browser
If you are having issues using HBO Max with AT&T, switching your browser can bypass any browser-specific issues.
Keep in mind to only use officially supported web browsers and have them running the latest version.
Note: You can go further and try using HBO Max through a different device, such as a smartphone or tablet.
Solution #4 Clear Cache And Cookies
Cached data can sometimes become corrupt and cause a malfunction within a website, app or extension.
If you are using a browser for HBO Max:
- Clear your browser cached files and cookies for HBOMax.com
- Every browser has different steps; If you are unsure how to reference your browser’s help page
- Close and restart your browser, then sign in to your HBO Max account.
To clear your cache on android:
- Go to the Settings of your device
- Tap on Search and open HBO Max
- Tap on Storage & Cache or listed as Storage
- Tap on Clear storage and follow the steps
- Relog to your HBO Max account again.
Alert: Clearing your cache and cookies will remove any passwords on your device, so ensure you have them written down beforehand.
Solution #5 Relog To Your HBO Max Account
Relogging to your HBO Max account can help fix access restrictions from incorrectly stored data about your account status.
It’s important that you perform this step on any devices that you currently use where you are still logged in to your HBO Max account.
Here are the steps to relogging into your HBO Max account:
- Go to the official HBO Max website on your PC and click the Sign in button
- Enter your email address and password
- Select the profile of your choice
- Then click on the profile icon in the upper right and click on Sign out
Afterward, check if you still have issues using HBO Max through AT&T.
Note: To sign off on your smart TV Device, click on the settings icon and scroll right to Sign Out.
Solution #6 Sign In Through AT&T Page As Provider
Incorrectly attempting to sign in with your AT&T wireless or internet account to use HBO Max can cause many issues.
To avoid this pitfall, please ensure that you are following the correct procedure to activate HBO Max on your AT&T.
Here is how to set up HBO max on your smart TV device.
- Open any browser and go to the AT&T account page
- Find and click on the “Activate HBO Max” tab
- On your TV Device – open the HBO Max app and click on the Profile Icon
- Sign in on your TV with your account to receive a 6-character code
- Open another browser tab and open the HBO activation page
- Enter the 6 – character verification code on your PC
- Select the option Sign in with a Provider and select AT&T
- Enter your AT&T login, and then finally sign in
Note: The same steps work for phones and tablets; skip step number, 3,4,5 and 6, as you wouldn't watch the content on a TV in that case.
Solution #7 Reset Your AT&T Password
This troubleshooting step is designed to resolve potential issues on the AT&T side of the account setup.
Sometimes, a password reset will force your AT&T account data to update automatically.
Here are the steps to reset your AT&T password on your PC:
- Before you proceed, please log off your HBO Max account.
- Go to the official AT&T website and click on Sign In
- Click on the blue link called Forgot Password
- Enter your AT&T unique user ID and other information
- Follow the steps through and set up a new password
- Log in to your AT&T account
- Check if the Activate HBO Max option is used; if not, click on it and complete the setup
- Log in to your HBO Max account and check if the issue persists.
Note: If you are having issues with this step, try a different device if your HBO Max application, preferably a PC.
To fix your HBO Max AT&T not working, first, update your browser and clear its cache and cookies. Afterwards, sign in and out of your HBO max account and try signing in directly through the AT&T page as the provider. Finally, delete and reinstall your HBO Max application and try using a different device.
Read Next: Teleparty HBO Max Not Working? – Fixed!
Now that you are aware of the causes of HBO Max not working with AT&T, we hope you can successfully resolve any issues.
Should you still encounter difficulties after performing all the above steps, don’t hesitate to contact AT&T about the subject.
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.