When HBO GO Verizon FiOS not working, well, this is one of the simplest issues to resolve!
In this guide, we will go through some of the essential information on the compatibility between HBO GO and Verizon, and how you can manage the subscription and login.
Also, you will learn all possible solutions when HBO GO doesn’t work due to a login error or something else.
If HBO GO isn’t working with Verizon FiOS’s login credentials, start by rebooting your devices and verifying the current state of the internet.
If the issue persists, reinstall the device (for mobile only) and deactivate “Service Provider” in your device’s settings.
Let’s unwrap the problem even further!
Why Does HBO GO Verizon FiOS Login Not Working?
One of the primary reasons that HBO GO will not log in with the credentials provided by Verizon, is that there’s an issue with the subscription.
In most cases where users did not have access to the extra HBO GO service provided by Verizon, it was because of unpaid subscription fees.
Let’s thoroughly research the possible causes of the problem first:
- There’s a problem with the HBO GO app on your device
- A WiFi/connectivity problem with your mobile phone.
- A temporal login issue with the HBO GO platform
- Incorrect HBO GO settings configuration on the mobile
- You’re inserting the incorrect Verizon HBO GO login info
- There’s a subscription problem or account restrictions
Understanding Verizon FiOS – HBO GO Bond?
It is an optional feature that allows subscribers of the Verizon FiOS TV/internet package, to receive HBO GO online streaming TV service.
You will be provided with credentials that you can use to log in to the HBO application through the browser/application on any compatible device!
The login issues with the HBO GO platform can occur on many devices.
This error is likely to appear through the mobile HBO GO application, installed on your mobile device or on a compatible Android TV, PC, or laptop browser.
With that being said, let’s jump into the solution guide!
7 Working Solutions When HBO GO Not Working on Verizon FiOS?
Tip: Follow our steps in a consecutive order to resolve the problem faster!
1. Re-Launch the HBO GO App/Browser
No matter whether you’re experiencing this problem through the HBO GO app or the browser version, a simple relaunch should resolve the problem.
If the log-in issue is related to existing connectivity problems, such as a WiFi outage, rebooting your phone might also help.
Follow these instructions to re-launch the HBO GO service:
- Navigate to the home screen of your device.
- Access the temporal memory on the source.
- Then swipe left/right on the HBO GO app.
- Wait for 10 seconds and relaunch HBO GO.
- If you’re on a browser, simply close and open it.
HBO GO in the Memory Cache?
All mobile devices have the ability to save the latest applications by including them in the temporal memory of your phone.
Removing HBO GO from that temporal memory list will help refresh the software of the application and provide a fresh start for you to log in smoothly.
Note: To completely erase all background processes (open apps), reboot your player!
2. Check and Verify the Login Credentials
It is mandatory to verify that you’re inserting the correct login details.
The correct HBO GO login credentials would be provided by Verizon FiOS so would need to verify whether all is in order.
- Check your Verizon account for subscription details on HBO GO!
Forgotten Login Info?
Press the “I Forgot My (password)/(username)” during the login phase to the platform and follow the on-screen instructions.
This will help you reset or retrieve your lost credentials which should be the correct details for logging into HBO GO, so it’s worth the attempt.
Note: For changing some of the details, contacting Verizon may be necessary!
3. Check the HBO GO Device’s Internet
The next suspect we’re about to review is the connectivity of the device.
The HBO GO browser or application version can be both accessed with WiFi and cellular.
This is why it’s important to review the connectivity status as one of the reasons why HBO GO Verizon FiOS is not working.
Note: Internet consistency is the primary factor for smooth logging into any platform!
How to Check Cellular on a Mobile Device?
- Launch the “Settings” app on your device.
- Tap the search field and type “Cellular”.
- Press on the first result and go to “Mobile Data”.
- Toggle the feature off/on again and exit the tab.
How to Check the WiFi on a Mobile Device?
- Open the Settings of your iOS/Android phone.
- Navigate to the “WiFi” tab on the front page.
- Go to “Remembered Networks” after scrolling.
- Check if your device is connected to a network.
How to Check the Internet On a PC/Laptop?
Press the ‘WiFi’ icon at the taskbar of the device and check if you’re connected to a network.
In addition, don’t hesitate to tap on the “Forget” button and reconnect to the wireless network.
4. Switch OFF the “TV Provider”
A setting that is likely to cause login problems with the HBO GO application is the activated “TV Provider” setting in your phone system.
Deactivating the feature will allow you to select a custom provider from the list and grant you access to the provided login credentials.
- This solution is specific to Android and iOS devices!
How to Switch off “TV Provider” On Android?
- Access the Settings from the homepage of your mobile device.
- Go to the “Applications” tab or the “Storage” section.
- Locate the “HBO GO” app from the list of applications.
- Press on the application and reach the app settings.
- Locate the “TV Provider” button and deactivate the feature.
How to Switch off “TV Provider” On iOS?
- Open the “Settings” app on your iOS device.
- Scroll down and locate the HBO GO app.
- Press on the app once to access Settings.
- Press the “TV Provider” activation slider.
- Exit the tab and test the HBO GO app.
Info: After logging into the HBO GO app, select “Verizon” as the provider of your service!
5. Update the HBO GO App!
It is possible that the login problem caused within the HBO GO app is a result of an outdated software version of the application.
If you haven’t enabled automatic updates for the HBO GO app, it is possible that the app is falling behind on software versions, hence preventing login.
- WiFi/cellular connection is required for updating applications!
How to Update HBO GO App On Mobile?
- Access the App Store/Google Play app.
- Press on your profile icon at either of the corners.
- Go to “Applications” > “HBO GO” > “Update”.
How to Update HBO GO App On TV?
- Enter your television’s Content Store.
- Go to “Manage Installed Applications.
- Scroll down and locate HBO GO.
- Find the app and press “Check for Updates”.
- (Optional) Press “Update” if one is available.
Note: Do not interact with the device once the application update has started!
6. Review your Verizon Subscription
When trying to access HBO GO through the provided Verizon account details, everything with the account subscription must be correct.
If your account is temporarily restricted as a result of unpaid fees, you will be unable to sign in to HBO GO through any device.
Here’s how to check the Verizon subscription details:
- From a web browser, go to “My Verizon” and sign in.
- Head to the “My Verizon Home” tab and then to “Account”.
- Click on “Manage” > “Billing” > “Payment Method”.
When does a Transaction Fail?
If you’re on auto-renewal, then something has happened to prevent your transaction from going through.
In such cases, users tend to review their payment information to make sure everything with the financial account is intact.
Here are a few things to check and ensure are correct:
- Correct the payment info
- Check the available funds
- Check the personal information
- Check the billing cycle
Note: If you’re nearing the end of the billing cycle, Verizon may withdraw automatically.
Seek Qualified Assistance!
If you’re still having the same type of issue, contact Verizon at their service phone number 800 837 4966 during working hours.
With a bit of luck, the support team will resolve the issue asap!
Hence, whenever HBO GO Verizon FiOS not working, begin by verifying your device’s connectivity to the internet and the login credentials.
If you’re getting this problem on mobile, update HBO GO to the latest version and reinstall the application afterward.
Follow us for more helpful tips and technician solutions!
Read Next: How to Fix HBO Max Not Working On iPhone?