Whether you use a separate modem and router or a combo, you may get flashing or solid lights on your Internet devices.
You may wonder what these Frontier Arris router symbols meaning. Luckily, we know the answer!
Knowing what these router symbols mean can give you an advantage in knowing the status of your router. You’ll know exactly what’s wrong with it with just one glance.
In this article, we will elaborate on the meaning of Frontier Arris router lights. But first, here’s everything you need to know about router lights.
What You Need to Know: Frontier Arris Router Lights Meaning
Routers have LAN lights that show whether they’re connected properly to your wired devices.
The connected devices are likely powered off if these lights are not lit up. If you see red or orange lights, you must take troubleshooting steps to determine why your Internet isn’t working as it should.
✅ State of Your Router
No matter which light gives you problems, your router should be in good condition.
Your Internet service provider should be able to give you the status of your router, whether it needs to be replaced or not.
✅ Connection Status
Double-check all your connections and fix the ones you can. You may be dealing with an outage if there is no obvious reason behind your connectivity problem.
✅ Error Indicator
The indicator lights will flash while your router is connecting, but they should be solid green once the signal is locked in. Solid red light usually means an error.
✅ Easy Troubleshooting
The lights are designed to tell you what’s happening with your Internet connection. Knowing the Fronter Arris router lights meaning can help you with troubleshooting.
If you are facing issues with your Frontier Arris router and see the lights do something confusing, continue reading.
Knowing what these symbols and lights mean can help you save time.
Everything to Know About Frontier Arris Router Symbols Meaning
A modem is an excellent way to get the most out of your Internet plan. But, if you see the lights start blinking and turning off, you may be dealing with connectivity issues.
Knowing Frontier modem lights meaning can help diagnose the problem, simplify troubleshooting, and get you back online faster.
- As a general rule of thumb, you want to see green or blue symbols all over your router, which generally means it’s in good shape.
The lights to look out for are orange and red, as you’re likely facing an issue with your router.
1. Power Symbols and Lights
The power light indicates that power is being supplied to the modem and router.
It tells whether or not electricity is flowing through your device. If it’s on, it means the power is sufficient, and the devices are turned on.
Otherwise, you’ve got issues that can hopefully be resolved by plugging the modem back in.
- A solid green light means the router is online and has a reliable power source.
- A blinking green symbol means your router is connected to the power source.
- A blinking yellow symbol means your router is installing firmware updates.
- A solid red symbol means your router is not booting up correctly.
- If the symbol is not illuminated, your router is turned off.
2. Internet Symbols and Lights
Your Frontier Arris router is responsible for getting the internet from your provider to your devices.
Your router will come with indicator lights that will tell you the status of your internet connection.
Note: It’s important that you know what these symbols and lights mean so you know if there’s something wrong with your internet.
Understanding the meaning of your router’s internet symbols can give you an advantage when troubleshooting connection issues with your router.
You will know if an outage from your provider or a hardware malfunction causes the problem.
Here’s what the internet symbols and lights mean on your Frontier Arris router:
- The Internet light is represented by a globe symbol on your router.
- A solid blue globe means that your router is connected to the internet.
- A solid red globe means your router cannot connect to the IP address.
- If the light is not illuminated, your router is turned off.
Pro Tip: If the globe symbol lights up green, it can also mean that your router is connected to the internet.
3. Broadband Connection Symbols and Lights
After the internet lights, you’re going to see a couple of connection symbols and lights on your Frontier Arris router.
These two signify the status of your broadband connection. It tells you if your router is connected to your devices and if data is being exchanged so they get internet.
The two symbols you will identify with the broadband connection are Downstream and Upstream.
The symbols can appear as DS and US or Down and Up arrows depending on your router model.
Here’s what these broadband connection symbols and lights mean:
- The Downstream symbol tells you if your router transfers data to your devices.
- The Upstream symbol tells you if the router transfers data to the cloud.
- A solid green symbol means the router connects your devices to the internet.
- A blinking green symbol means your router is trying to establish a connection.
- A solid red symbol means your router is not connecting to your devices.
Note: The internet and broadband connection symbols go hand in hand and tell you the status of your router’s connection with your devices and the internet.
4. WiFi Connection Symbols and Lights
The next symbol on the list that we’ll take a closer look at is the WiFi connection.
Your Arris router will have wireless connectivity allowing you to create a WiFi network to connect devices like your phone, tablet, or laptop.
You can connect your smart TV and other streaming devices so you don’t have to deal with wires.
Here’s what the WiFi symbol and light mean on your router:
- A solid green symbol means WiFi is working and ready to accept connections.
- A blinking yellow symbol means that your WiFi is ready for WPS pairing.
- A blinking red symbol means that the WPS pairing has timed out.
- A solid red symbol means that there is a WiFi connection error.
Note: If you run into any issues with your WiFi connectivity, the quickest way to resolve it would be to restart your router.
5. Ethernet Status Symbols on Your Router
WiFi is great, but if you have devices where you want to establish a more stable connection between it and your router, you’re going to opt for an ethernet connection.
- On your router, the ethernet symbols will appear as numbers one through four, depending on the number of ports your router has.
It will show you the status of the connection so you’ll know which one needs fixing.
Here’s what the ethernet symbols and light mean:
- You want to see a solid green light on the symbol of the connected port.
- A blinking green light means that data is being transferred between devices.
- A solid red light means that the connection is not complete.
- If the symbol is not illuminated, that port has no active connection.
Note: You want to check your cables for damage or tighten the connectors.
6. Phone Symbol on Your Router
Phone lines are increasingly getting incorporated into your internet service with VoIP.
Frontier’s Arris routers come with a phone symbol to tell you whether your phone service is active.
You’re going to need to connect your phone into the jack, and you should be able to know its status by looking at the phone symbol.
Here’s what the phone symbol and light mean on your router:
- A solid green symbol means that your phone service is active.
- A blinking yellow symbol means that the phone line is in use.
- A solid red symbol means that there is something wrong with the service.
Note: If the phone symbol is not lit up, you did not connect the phone to the jack, or the connector is loose and needs tightening.
You need to know these important symbols and lights to understand your Frontier Arris modem better.
Knowing these will ensure you’re on top of your connections so you can troubleshoot issues as soon as they arise.
Of course, there are different router models, so if you find an indicator you don’t quite understand, please contact Arris for assistance.
Now that you know everything about Frontier Arris router symbols meaning, you don’t have to worry about all those lights.
Green or blue is good. However, when you see orange and red, you must see which router component you will fix.
Read Next: Why Is My Arris Router WiFi Not Working?
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues.