The issue of Frontier 5G not showing up can be quite frustrating to any person. The problem of not being able to connect to 5G can be caused by many issues.
The issues range from your device’s inability to connect to 5G. The other cause would be that your router or device is set to block a 5GHz connection.
If Frontier 5GHz is not showing up, log in to your Frontier router Admin Panel and select Wireless Frequency. Check the box next to 5GHz if it is not selected. If it is already selected, select SSID.
With that said, there are many other factors that affect your ability to connect to 5G. Check out all the factors below.
Reason Why 5G WiFi is Not Showing Up on Frontier
There are many reasons for Frontier 5g Wifi not showing up. These reasons range from configuration to the device’s capacity.
Some of the reasons are easy to solve and we will handle them below.
Here are the main reasons why your Frontier Wifi is not showing 5G:
- Your device that is trying to connect to 5G does not support a 5G connection
- You have disabled 5G Wifi in your Router settings
- You are operating from a far-off distance from the router
- The router you are using does not support a 5G connection
- Your router is experiencing a temporary technical glitch
These are among the most common causes of 5G networks not showing up. The good news is that Frontier routers support a 5G connection.
If your device supports this connection, you should be able to find
How to Solve Frontier 5G Not Showing Up
Now that we know the causes of 5G not working, we should try and resolve the problem. Resolving these issues will depend on their cause.
Among the solutions you can apply is updating your device settings. Here are the ideal solutions you should apply to this problem.
1. Confirm That Your Device Supports 5G
- Check the device manual for information on whether or not it supports 5G.
- Check the device settings you may find an option to toggle between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
- Check the device manufacturer’s website for information on whether or not your device supports 5G.
- Contact customer support if you’re still unsure if your device supports 5G.
Note: It is not all devices that support 5G Wifi. For this reason, you must first confirm that your device supports it before you take further action.
2. Enable 5G Wifi in Your Router Settings
On most routers, the 5G and 2G Wifi options are enabled by default. In this case, your device chooses the option it connects to.
However, in some cases, you might have disabled 5G. In this case, you will have to enable it in your admin panel.
How to enable 5G Wifi on your Frontier router:
- Connect to the Frontier router’s network.
- Open a web browser and go to the router’s IP address (192.168.1.1).
- Enter the router username and password.
- Go to Wireless Settings
- Check to see whether 5G is enabled under Frequency
- Enable the 5G network by selecting the checkbox.
- Save the settings and exit the page
Note: You can activate both 2G and 5G at the same time. If your router does not support 5G, this may not be possible.
3. Move Closer to the Router
To be able to use 5GHz Wifi, you should understand how it works. While most routers support 5G, they also offer 2.4GHz.
The main reason is that 2G, Wifi offers a wide range. On the other hand, 5G Wifi offers a fast connection.
If your device, for instance, a phone supports 5G, you will be able to connect to 5G when close to the router.
As a result, you will experience a faster connection. When you move far away from the router, the 5G signal gets weaker and very slow.
As a result, the phone automatically switches to a 2G signal. The 2G signal is stronger at a wider range and is a better option than 5G.
This is the reason why some devices such as home cleaning robots only support 2.4GHz.
How to solve the distance problem:
- Make sure your router is located in a central position
- Position your device closer to the router
- Check to see if your device connects to 5G Wifi
4. Separate 5G From 2G Band
The other solution you can apply is to simply separate your 2G band from the 5G band.
This way, when you want to connect to your Wifi, you simply select the option you like. You can either select to connect to the 2G or 5G band.
To separate your bands, log in to your admin panel and assign a different SSID to the 5G band. This way it will have a unique name for easy identification.
Steps to Assign a unique name to your 5G Band:
- Connect your computer or mobile device to the Frontier router using a Wi-Fi connection.
- Open a web browser and type in the IP address of your Frontier router- usually “192.168.1.1”
- Enter your router’s default credentials are usually “admin” and “password” respectively.
- Click on Login and select “Wi-Fi” settings.
- Tap on the “Wireless Settings” tab
- Select the SSID (Service Set Identifier) of your router
- Enter the new name you want to assign to your 5G Band
- Select Save to apply the changes
Your 5G Band Frontier router will now broadcast the new name you assigned to it.
Make sure to connect your devices to the new network name for them to work properly.
5. Reset Your Router
In many cases, you may experience problems with your router yet it has something to do with your settings.
If your router suffers from a device glitch, you can reset it to restore. Sometimes resetting your router can help fix connectivity problems.
A temporary way to reset the router can be to simply restart it. If restarting does not work, you can hard reset the router using the reset button.
Steps to reset your Frontier router:
- Locate the Reset Button on your router, usually a small hole on the back of the router.
- Use a paperclip or a pin to Press and Hold the reset button for about 10 seconds.
- Wait until the router’s Lights start flashing, indicating that the reset process has begun.
- Release the Reset Button and wait for the router to finish rebooting.
- Logging in to the web interface using the default username and password.
- Set up your Wifi Name and Password using the details from your ISP
Note: Make sure to use the appropriate security configurations to prevent your router from being hacked.
6. Update Your Device
While in many cases you may think the problem lies with your Internet Service Provider, it may not be.
There are situations when you may be unable to connect to 5G simply because of the device you are using.
If your phone supports 5G, it will automatically connect to the 5G band. However, if the phone is outdated, you will have to update it first.
To resolve this problem, start by determining if the device you are trying to connect supports 5G.
Devices such as phones, smart TVs, and computers among others support 5G. Update your device firmware and try using the Wifi again to see if it will work.
The cases of Frontier 5G Wifi not showing up on a device is very common. The exact cause of the problem can vary greatly from one device to another.
However, in most cases, it has to do with your device settings or capabilities. If your device supports 5G, then check the above settings and adjustment to use 5G.
Read Next: 2-4 GHz Not Working 5GHz Working?
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues.