Freedom Mobile Refer a Friend is a referral program where you can earn yourself service credit.
Freedom Mobile has a motivation for you. The Refer a Friend program is one such motivation feature it uses to attract customers.
By referring a friend both you and your friend earn service credits.
The Freedom Mobile referral program rewards the referrer and the referred with $25 each worth of service credit.
This referral reward is given to both parties. However, the person referred must stay with Freedom Mobile for at least one month.
There are several other conditions that must be met for any person who wants to get the referral credit.
To find out more about the Freedom Mobile referral system, keep on reading.
What Exactly is Freedom Mobile Refer a Friend Program
The Refer a Friend Freedom Mobile program was launched on July 23, 2019.
The program has been running continuously since then and is available to Freedom Mobile customers.
While the program has set guidelines, Freedom Mobile retains the right to change how it operates at any time.
According to Freedom Mobile, there is no requirement to consult or notify its customers if they chose to end it.
Even so, the program is still running at the moment. You may want to take advantage of its benefits now.
How Does the Refer a Friend System Work?
Freedom Mobile’s referral program entices its customers to refer their friends to the carrier.
Given that Freedom Mobile is the fourth largest carrier in Canada, the program is aimed at helping them attract more customers.
Here are the steps to take to participate in Refer a Friend program:
- You must first register for the referral program on Freedom referral page.
- You will need to provide your email address to sign up
- You must be a Freedom Mobile user and provide your valid phone number.
- To sign up, you will be required to accept the terms and conditions of the program.
Note: After signing up, you will be allowed to invite people you are in a relationship with.
You must communicate with any person you refer to and obtain their consent about the program.
Steps to Earn With Refer a Friend
If you want to earn some credits with this program, you have to follow the set guidelines.
The first thing you must do is ensure that you are a Freedom Mobile customer.
If you are already a Freedom Mobile user here are the steps.
Step #1 Sign Up for Refer a Friend
To start earning credits, you must sign up. Here are the steps to register for the referral program.
- Visit freedommobile.ca/refer
- Select Refer Now
- Follow prompts to fill in your details and register
Step #2 Choose How to Refer Your Friends
Once you sign up, you will be required to choose a method of referring friends.
Here are the steps to choose your referral method
- When you finish registration, you will be prompted to choose a method of referring friends.
- Select as many options as possible( They are email, social media sites, and text messaging)
- Once you have selected a method, share the referral link with all your friends.
Tip: You should choose a method where you know you can get access to many of your friends.
Freedom Mobile discourages referring people who are not your friends.
Step #3 Friends Claim Referral Rewards
Once you have shared your referral link, some of your friends may be interested in joining Freedom.
If they decide to join, your reward will be deposited in your Freedom account.
Conditions to receive the reward
✅ The referee must claim their offer within 30 days of the invitation
✅ They must first sign up for Refer a Friend
✅ To sign up, they should select Get Your Reward.
✅ After signing up, they must get a Freedom SIM and activate their Freedom Number.
✅ Within 30 days of claiming the reward, they must come back and log in to the referral website and provide a new Freedom Number.
✅ If the person referred does not sign up for Refer a Friend and activate a Freedom Mobile number, there is no reward.
✅ If the person referred gets a Freedom SIM and activates it before claiming their reward, neither party will receive the reward.
Note: In all the above situations, neither the referred person nor the referee will claim a reward unless conditions are met.
Who Can Get Involved in the Refer a Friend Program
The Refer a Friend program is not open to any person. There are a few conditions you must meet to qualify for the program are as follows:
✅ A Freedom Mobile customer who makes referrals must be subscribed to a Freedom Mobile plan of at least $25 per month
✅ The person referred should subscribe to a monthly plan of at least $25 per month.
✅ The referee can only refer to a non-existing Freedom Mobile customer. In other words, you cannot claim the reward if you already have an active Freedom Mobile account.
✅ The person referred must maintain an active Freedom Mobile account for 30 days to receive the reward.
✅ If the referred is suspended or canceled from Freedom Mobile, neither of the parties will receive the reward.
✅ Employees of Freedom Mobile or retailers associated with Freedom Mobile are not allowed to participate in this competition.
Freedom Mobile Referral Program Rewards
Now that you know how the Freedom Mobile referral program works, it is prudent to understand the rewards.
If you are eligible to participate in the program, you stand to gain some benefits.
Here are all your benefits:
- The referrer is entitled to a one-time $25 service credit for each eligible referral.
- Each referrer is eligible for a maximum of $250 referral credit per year.
- The referred person will receive a one-time reward of $25 after activating their Freedom Mobile number.
- The referred person will still receive a sum of $25 even if the referrer has reached the $250 limit.
- You will not receive a referral credit in case your referral is rejected for failure to meet the said terms and conditions.
- Freedom Mobile can permanently or temporarily restrict your participation in the Refer a Friend program.
- The Refer a Friend program credits are not refundable.
In case you decide to cancel your contract with Freedom Mobile, the credits will not be refunded by any means.
Benefits of the Referral Program
The credit you get is the main benefit of the referral program.
However, you can not claim the credit for cash. The carrier applies your credit to your account to reduce your monthly costs.
- For Postpaid customers, the credit will be directly applied to your account as an adjustment to your bill within 45 days after the referral.
- For Prepaid customers, the credit will be applied to the account as a top-up.
- The credit will only be applied to accounts that are in good standing, in other words, not suspended or canceled
Note: You will not be eligible for the program in future if you change your phone number at any given moment during your account activation.
There are other factors you must consider when making changes to your account. You may lose all your earned credits if you port a number to a non-Freedom provider.
In case you are deemed unfit for the program, you may lose all the rewards associated with your account.
The Freedom Mobile Refer a Friend program is a process you can pursue if you want to get some credit. The credit you get will help you settle your bill.
For you to Refer a Friend, you must fulfill specific guidelines as outlined. Check out the requirements and enroll in the program if you like it.
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.