Freedom Mobile offers one of the best service rates. However, the Freedom Mobile no service error can be frustrating.
Even with their most affordable rates, you do not want any interruption in service. If you have encountered no service error, we have the solution for you.
To fix Freedom Mobile’s no-service error, update your Access Point Names. If this does not work, update your phone’s software. Outdated software can mess up your service. If these options fail, check your device for hardware damage.
You should first understand how Freedom Mobile works. Keep on reading to find the best solution to your problem.
Among the common causes of Freedom Mobile, no service errors are as follows:
- Your device is unable to select the network automatically and you have to do it manually
- Hardware damages or device incompatibility with Freedom Mobile
- A new device that has not been updated to match Freedom Mobile APN settings.
- Corrupt phone settings that need reconfiguration
- Nationwide coverage problems
- Temporary failure in your device services
All of the above problems can be solved in simple steps. The first step is to confirm that your problem is not caused by nationwide coverage issues.
You can check with other people using Freedom Mobile to see if they are encountering the same problems.
If other users are having normal service, you should troubleshoot and resolve your problem. Here are the solutions to your problem.
The first solution you must try is refreshing your phone services. Phone services can get congested and cause trouble.
When there are too many services running at the same time, some functions may encounter trouble.
Here are the ways to refresh your phone services
- Restart your phone
- Toggle Airplane mode on and off
- Toggle mobile data on and off
If your phone uses a removable battery, make sure you get it out of your phone and switch it off too.
This will ensure that all working applications are stopped. When you switch your phone back on the network services should be restored.
The second solution to this problem could lie in your device settings. If after restarting your device nothing changes, try resetting your networks.
Resetting services can eliminate the no-service Freedom Mobile error instantly.
Reset phone networks on Android:
You can reset the network on your phone in two ways. Either do it manually or reset it automatically when connected to the internet.
- Go to Settings
- Select System Reset
- Select Reset Networks
- Select Reset Settings
This should delete all your Bluetooth, mobile data, and WiFi settings. It will help restore the default mobile network settings connectivity.
Rest the Phone Online:
- Connect your phone to WiFi
- Go to your Dial pad
- Dial ##72786# (##SCRTN#)
- Confirm that you want to reset your phone.
Wait until you see the network bars on your phone load to try making a call.
Network reset for iOS phones:
For those using iPhone 5 to 13, you can use the online reset option. Here is how to reset your phone.
- Connect your phone to a WiFi
- Open phone dialer
- Dial ##25327# and tap call
- A reset message will appear on your screen, press OK to proceed
- When the device recovers network coverage, full bars should be available
- Try making a call to see if the network is functioning well
Note: You can directly change your iPhone networks from your phone settings.
To do this go to
- Reset Network Settings
Access Point Names (APNs) can affect your internet, messages, and even call services.
If you have acquired a new device or SIM, chances are that your APN is not updated.
Most devices are designed to update APNs automatically. However, there are some devices that do not update automatically. For such devices, you must update settings.
Update APN settings on android:
- Open your Settings app
- Select Connections
- Mobile Networks
- More Networks
- Tap on Access Point Names
- Tap on New APN
- Input the required data in the APN fields that lack it.
Here is the information to input in the necessary APN fields:
- APN: internet.freedommobile.ca
- APN type: default,supl
- APN: mms.freedommobile.ca
- MMS proxy: 188.8.131.52
- MMSC: http://mms.freedommobile.ca
- MMS port: 8080
- APN type: MMS
Note: For the APN type, the words default and supl should not have a space in between.
The next solution you should try is updating your device software. Devices have different needs for updates. There are those that are updated automatically.
Some devices will never auto-update unless you are connected to the WiFi. In other situations, a device may need permission to update.
To update your Apple device, do the following:
- Select Settings
- Tap on General
- Tap on Software Update
- Select Automatic Updates
- Tap to turn on Download iOS Updates
- Turn on iOS Update
Note: If you are not connected to a WiFi, you have to confirm that downloads can be downloaded over mobile data.
Update Android Device:
- Open your Settings app
- Scroll to the Bottom and tap on System
- Select System Update
- You will see your phone update status
If your phone is updated, there is no need to do anything. If it is not updated, follow the prompts on your screen to complete updates.
This is one of the most important factors you want to consider. Even before you attempt troubleshooting, you should first confirm that your device is not hacked.
The recent spike in SIM swap fraud is a cause for concern.
If you realize that your device can’t access the internet overnight, check to see if it is Swapped.
If your SIM is Swapped, report the case for the SIM to get blocked.
- Connect your phone to a WiFi network
- Visit https://shop.freedommobile.ca/en-CA/sim-activation
- Enter the digits on the back of your SIM card
- If the SIM has been swapped, you will get an “Invalid” result
Note: If you realize that your SIM card has already been swapped, you should report the issue immediately.
Make a report to both Freedom Mobile and the police.
This is not one of the recommended options. If you will choose to factory reset your device, make sure there are no other alternatives.
Factory resetting your phone could result in the loss of important data. To prevent data loss, back up your device data to the cloud or another device.
Factory resetting Android:
- Open your Settings
- Scroll down and Select Backup and Reset
- Tap on Factory Reset
- Select Reset Device
- Confirm by imputing your password or pattern
- Tap on Delete All
Factory Reset on iPhone:
- Open Settings app
- Tap on General
- Transfer or Reset iPhone
- Select Reset All
- Input your password or pattern to confirm the reset
If all the above options are not successful, the problem is with your phone.
Phone or SIM damages should be addressed before taking any further action.
To confirm whether it is the phone or SIM that is damaged, do this.
- Eject your SIM from your phone and inspect it for damages
- If the SIM is okay, try it on a different phone that accepts Freedom SIM cards.
- If the SIM works well, the problem is with your phone
- If the SIM fails to work, it should be replaced
If you realize that the problem is with your phone, you can either purchase a new device or repair it.
Visit phone repair experts or return the device for a warranty.
At the heart of Freedom Mobile no service problems, are factors such as APN settings and mobile network problems.
Each of these problems can easily be removed by performing quick setting fixes. Look at the options above and restore your Freedom Mobile service.