The Canon Pixma MG2522 is an all-in-one printer designed to print, scan, and copy documents and photos. But can Canon Pixma MG2522 print from phone?
Mobile printing is a convenient feature that lets you print important documents and photos without transferring them to a computer.
It’s convenient, and you won’t have to deal with cables.
Let’s find out how.
The Canon Pixma MG2522 allows you to print documents and photos directly from your phone, eliminating the need to transfer files to a computer. Simply tap the Print button on your phone, and the printer will start the printing process.
Before discussing the different methods and steps of printing from your phone, here are some important things you must consider.
Things to Consider When Printing from Your Phone
Now that you know the answer to the question: Can Canon Pixma MG2522 print from a phone, here are a few important things to remember.
First, make sure your phone is connected to the printer and the printer is ON. Next, check if they are compatible.
- You need to connect your printer and phone to the same wireless network
- There are multiple ways of printing from your phone
- Mobile printing offers incredible convenience for everyday print tasks
- Prints from mobile phones are of lesser quality
- Make sure that your printer is running the latest firmware
Considering these factors, you can ensure a successful Canon Pixma print experience from your mobile device.
We Answer: Can The Canon Pixma MG2522 Print From Phone
To easily print with the Canon Pixma MG2522 from your phone, there are some precautions you need to remember.
First, ensure that your printer supports mobile printing.
Your devices must be compatible to print documents and photos straight from your phone.
After confirming, you can now proceed to the different printing methods described below:
#1: Different Methods to Print to Your Printer from Your Phone
If you want to print with your Canon Pixma MG2522 from your phone, there are several ways to do it. Your device and app will determine which method works best for you.
Selecting the right process ensures your prints come out with the highest quality and the printing experience is smooth and hassle-free.
Here are some of the most common methods:
- Use printing apps like Google Cloud Print, Canon Selphy, and others.
- Use Wireless Printing Protocols like AirPrint and Mopria Print Service.
- Use cloud storage services like Google Drive or Dropbox.
Pro Tip: There will be a difference in print quality depending on your method.
#2: How to Connect Canon MG2522 Printer to Phone
If you are looking to print using your Canon Pixma MG2522 using your phone, you need to set up wireless printing.
The good news is that setting the connection up is a straightforward process.
Enabling the connection between your phone and the printer makes it a lot more convenient as you won’t have to deal with transferring files and using cables.
Connecting your printer with your means you will have the capability for wireless printing. To fully enable this on your setup, you need to connect them and take full advantage of this setup.
Here are the steps to connect your Canon MG2522 to your phone:
- On your printer, press and hold the WiFi button.
- Wait for the WiFi light to start blinking.
- Look for the WPS button on your router.
- Press it on it to initiate the connection.
- Wait for the WiFi light on your printer to stop blinking.
#3: How to Print Using the Canon Print App
One of the quickest ways to enable printing on your Canon Pixma MG2522 from your phone is by using an app to bridge the gap.
You can print documents and files directly from your device by using Canon Print app on your phone.
Without downloading the app, it’s still possible for you to connect your printer and your phone. However, getting the app means you will better control your print quality and settings.
Here are the ways how to print with the Canon Print app:
- Launch the Canon Print app on your phone.
- For photos, tap on the Photo Print tab.
- For documents, tap on the Document Print tab.
- For web pages, tap on the Web Page Print tab.
- Select the photo or document, or paste the URL you want to print.
Note: You can get the Canon Print app for iOS and Android devices.
Download it from your platform’s respective app store.
#4: How to Print Wirelessly with Apple AirPrint
If you have an iPhone, your Canon Pixma MG2522 comes with AirPrint compatibility, allowing seamless wireless printing.
It’s compatible out of the box, so you won’t need to look for additional software or drivers to link your phone to your printer.
It’s a great feature to have since your printer should work flawlessly with devices in the iOS ecosystem.
Whether you’re printing documents, photos, or your designs, as long as it’s in your phone, you can send it to your Canon printer.
AirPrint will work with virtually any app on your phone, so you essentially print anything on your phone.
Here’s how to print from your iPhone using Apple AirPrint:
- Connect your iPhone to the same WiFi network as your printer.
- Open the file or photo you want to print on your Canon printer.
- Tap on the Share icon.
- Look for the Print option.
- Choose the Canon Pixma MG2522, and tap Print.
Tip: Before confirming the print job, you can change your print settings, such as the number of copies or double-sided printing.
#5: How to Print Wirelessly from Your Android Phone
Since your Canon Pixma MG2522 supports Apple AirPrint out of the box, it can also print from your Android phone. If you’re using one, you won’t need an additional app to allow you to print wirelessly from your phone.
In the case of Android, you will use WiFi Direct to make this happen.
Now there are compatible printing apps that you can use, but this is the most straightforward way and allows you to print immediately as long as you have the file on your phone.
Here are the steps to print from your Android using WiFi Direct:
- Connect your printer to your WiFi network.
- Open the WiFi settings on your phone.
- Enable WiFi Direct.
- Locate the file or photo you want to print, then select Share.
- Tap on Print, then choose your printer from the list.
Note: You can also print from apps by tapping Menu or More Options, then Print.
#6: Steps to Print Wirelessly From Your Computer
Printing wirelessly is more convenient for most laptop users than dealing with cables.
Even though a computer might not exactly be a phone, laptops are more compact and mobile, so you’ll want to print without connecting a bunch of wires.
As long as you have a solid and reliable wireless connection, you can easily print documents, reports, or any projects you might have for printing.
You can avoid the hassle of transferring your files to a different device and printing from there. Knowing the steps to print wirelessly from your laptop simplifies the process allowing you to focus on your tasks.
Here’s how to print wirelessly from your laptop:
- Connect your printer to the same network as your laptop.
- Open the WiFi Settings on your laptop and enable WiFi Direct.
- Go to the app with the work you want to print.
- Click on File, then Print.
- Change the print settings to adjust the quality, then hit Print.
Note: You can also press Ctrl + P to print the file or photo rather than going through the menus.
Wireless printing from virtually any mobile device will make your life much easier, especially if you’re working and printing many documents.
You should be able to add these to your workflow by following these steps. Contact Canon customer support to learn more about your printer and its wireless features.
Can Canon Pixma MG2522 print from phone? Now that you know more about this, you can print on other devices, too, as long as you can connect to your WiFi network.
Most printers have wireless printing capabilities, as it’s more convenient and fits the needs of those looking to print their files immediately.
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.