If the Canon PIXMA MG2522 driver not installing, then something has gone wrong with the automatic driver installation.
We’ll dig deeper into this problem and solve it with our solutions!
When your Canon PIXMA MG2522’s driver does not install, start by reconnecting the printer to your PC.
After that, connect the Canon printer into an alternative USB port, and test by downloading the drivers manually and factory resetting the printer!
Let’s review this problem in more depth!
Why Is the Canon PIXMA MG2522 Driver Not Installing?
Here are the reasons why your Canon MG2522 isn’t installing the drivers:
- Your system is not compatible
- You’re using an outdated OS
- An active anti-virus service
- An issue with another USB device
- There are old drivers downloaded
- The USB port on your PC is faulty
- There’s an issue with your printer!!
How to Download Canon MG2522 Driver?
In case you haven’t set up the Canon driver on your device appropriately, it is likely that your PC will deny the download.
We will now review the complete steps for setting up the drivers of an MG2522 Canon printer on your PC or laptop device!
About Canon Automatic Driver Download
The “Canon Inkjet Print Utility” driver of your MG2522 printer will be installed automatically after connecting the device to your PC.
However, if your device is not connected to the internet or the USB connection is not secure, you’ll have to install the drivers manually!
We must also mention that the MG2522 series does not support AirPrint or wireless connectivity.
Thus, the only way to connect the printer to your PC is via USB!
How to Download MG2522 Drivers Manually:
- Go to Canon’s official website (either “US” or “Europe)
- Press on the “SUPPORT” tab at the top of the page.
- Click on “Software & Drivers” on the drop-down menu.
- On the next page, select “Printers” from the driver menu.
- On printer type, select “PIXMA” as your device series.
- Press on the “MG Series” button at “Select your model”.
- Press on the “PIXMA MG2522” button at the bottom right.
- Choose your operating system under “Driver & Downloads”.
- Download the latest available driver in the software menu.
- Run the prompt of the driver and follow the instructions.
How to Install MG2522 Drivers:
Once the download is finished, run the “.exe” prompt to start the installation.
To install the driver, you’ll have to select an install directory on one of the drives on your PC/laptop.
Once the driver is installed, you’ll be able to run it as an application!
8 Fix Methods When Canon MG2522 Won’t Install Driver?
Tip: Pay attention to each of our solutions!
1. Check if your System is Compatible!
In order to download and install the driver required for operating your Canon printer on a computer, there are particular system requirements you must meet!
- If you’re not able to run the executable file, your OS may not be compatible!
|OS:||Windows 11||Windows 10||Windows 8.1||Windows 8||Windows 7||Windows Vista/XP|
|Version:||32/64 bit||32/64 bit||32/64 bit||32/64 bit||32/64 bit||XP (32 bit), Vista (32/64 bit)|
|OS:||Big Sur||Catalina||Mojave||High Sierra||Sierra||El Capitan|
|Version:||macOS11||macOS10.15||macOS 1.14||macOS 10.13||macOS 10.12||OS X 10.11|
Most Linux versions are reported to be working completely fine with the Canon driver.
If you’re on Linux and you’re using an outdated OS, the best way to figure out if your device is compatible with the Canon driver is to download it and try to run it!
2. Reboot your PC/Laptop
An easy solution to the PIXMA driver issue is to reboot your device.
If the installation file has failed to launch, rebooting your system will help with the problem and repair the driver if it got corrupted.
Here’s how to reboot your PC/laptop device:
- Access the power menu of your device.
- Select the “Reboot” option next.
- Wait for the device to shut down.
- Try to install the PIXMA driver again.
Tip: The Power Cycle!
If you wish to furthermore reboot your device, you should also unplug it from the power socket.
This is called a “power cycle” and helps with deeper issues with your device’s OS!
3. Update your OS!
If you’re using a supported version of your OS, updating it to the latest version may help with the Canon driver.
We’ll learn how to perform a system update on both iOS and Windows!
How to System Update a Windows Device:
- From the Windows Start menu, head to “Settings”.
- On the same page, tap on “Windows Update” next.
- Press on the red “Check for Updates” button.
- Wait for your Windows device to check for updates…
How to System Update a MAC Device:
- Press on the Apple menu icon at the corner of your screen.
- Select the “System Settings” button on the screen next.
- Navigate to the “System Preferences” tab from there.
- Click “General” on the left side of the configuration menu.
- Press the “Software Update” button on the menu.
- Press on the “Update Now” button and wait.
Tip: For MAC devices, enable the “Automatically keep my Mac up to date” setting.
The OS will periodically upload the latest updates to your device, once they are available!
4. Connect your Device to the Internet!
The Inkjet utility of Canon is set to automatically download and install on your PC once a Canon printer is connected.
However, if your device is not connected to the internet, the driver download will be added to the system queue and will be downloaded when you’re online again!
How to Connect PC/Laptop to WiFi:
- Press the WiFi icon on the taskbar of your device.
- In the “Available WiFi Networks” section, select your home WiFi.
- Insert the WiFi password and press “Connect”.
How to Connect PC/Laptop to Ethernet:
- Connect your device to the router via Ethernet.
- Wait for the Ethernet cable to start blinking in green.
- Check if your device is now receiving internet.
Info: If the internet in your home is not working fine or there’s an issue with the router, we suggest power cycling the network device.
This is done by unplugging the device from power for about 60 seconds. If the issues with your internet occur on other devices, contact your ISP!
5. Reconnect the Canon Printer!
A great way to re-trigger the automatic driver download utility of Canon is to reconnect the printer’s USB cable.
If your PC failed to detect the device, you’ll not receive the driver that comes with your MG 2522 printer.
Tip: When reconnecting the printer, use a different USB port on your device!
- Unplug and then reconnect the USB cable of the Canon printer from your PC
How to Know If the Printer is Connected?
You’ll know once the system has detected your MG2522 printer through the “New Device” alert.
If no notification appears on the screen of your PC/laptop, it means that either the USB port is faulty, or the USB cable does not work properly!
6. Factory Reset the Canon Printer!
One of the reasons that your system keeps failing to detect the printer is that it has run into a software problem.
To address all issues with the operating system of your Canon printer you must factory reset the device!
Here’s how to factory reset a Canon MG2522 printer:
- Press and hold the “Stop” button on the printer.
- Wait for the alarm ring from the printer and let go.
- Press “Start” on your printer at least 19-20 times.
- Wait for the printer to flush back to factory defaults.
Info: You must stop interacting with your printer once you hear the alarm sound and wait for at least 10 seconds before pressing “Start” repeatedly.
7. Replace the USB Cable
We cannot move on to setting up the printer’s drivers if the component that connects the device to your computer is faulty.
If the USB has been damaged or no longer works, your computer system will not detect the printer, therefore the drivers will not be downloaded.
- Connect the MG2522 printer to your PC/laptop using a different USB cable
About the USB Cable
It’s recommended to use a brand-new USB cable or one that is proven to work. You should also use an alternative USB port on your PC/laptop in case the old one was defective.
Note: If a notification occurs on your system, it means that the Canon printer is connected and that the driver download should begin shortly (double-check if you’re connected to the internet!).
We’ve learned that when the Canon PIXMA MG2522 driver not installing, the best solution to attempt is to reboot your device and reconnect the printer.
If that didn’t work, use a different USB port, replace the USB cable, and perform a reset on your MG2522 printer!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.