Are you receiving the BT error code TS-0003, when you try streaming? If so, then stay with us!
- The error code “TS-0003” is proven to appear on the BT TV app and on the official BT web page when one attempts to stream.
The error has a networking nature that we’re going to unwrap in this guide and provide you with the best possible solutions to address the problem in minutes…
To resolve the “TS-0003” error on the BT app or BT web, first disable VPN service, reboot your BT streaming player, and reconnect the device to the internet.
Let’s continue to unwrap!
Deciphering the TS-0003 BT Error Code!
When the BT “TS-0003” error code prevents you from streaming content from the BT app or through the BT website, you need some troubleshooting.
The BT streaming is only available in the UK, so when you’re outside the United Kingdom, you may see“TS-0003” when streaming.
The error is typically related to the networking and most commonly appears when you attempt to stream from outside your networking region.
So, to acquire a better understanding of the error, here are all possible causes:
Those are the possible causes for the “TS-0003” error on the BT app or website, so let’s fix it!
How to Fix BT Error Code TS-0003 in 6 Easy Steps?
Tip: Follow the steps chronologically!
1. Disable Your Device VPN Services!
The first and fundamental step is to verify that the device used for the BT application or web BT streaming is not altering the networking connection.
As mentioned, the BT streaming services are only available within the UK, so if your IP is connecting from elsewhere, your access will be denied, and the error “TS-0003” will appear.
Hence, an enabled VPN (Virtual Private Network) can re-route your access, so if you are within the UK but the error “TS-0003” appears, you need to disable any VPN.
The VPN could be an application, an in-built feature on your streaming device, or an online browser extension.
Warning: Proceed only if you’re confident your device is free of a VPN connection!
2. Sign OUT and IN Your BT Account
The next step is simple. You only need to sign out from your BT account, regardless of whether you’re using the app or a web browser to stream BT content.
You can sign out from the account by pressing your Profile Icon and pressing the “Sign Out” option, typically found at the bottom.
When you sign out, you’ll be redirected to the sign-in page.
So, verify that your login credentials are correct and press the “Sign in” button to get back in.
Then, test streaming multiple different pieces of media to determine whether the error “TS-0003” will still appear. If yes, then continue with the next step!
3. Power Cycle Your Streaming Player
If you’re receiving the BT email error code TS-0003 on the app or through a browser, the next step is to perform a power cycle on your streaming player.
This is a straightforward solution and will not erase anything from your streaming device or any of the settings within the BT account!
Here’s how to perform a power cycle on your BT player in easy steps:
- First, use the power button to turn your device OFF.
- Secondly, unplug the power adapter from the wall.
- If you’re using a phone, drag the slider to turn it off.
- Wait for 60 seconds with your BT player device off.
- Turn back on the device and connect to the internet.
When you’re ready, open the BT mobile application or go to the official BT TV streaming website and test whether you can now stream without the error “TS-0003”.
Tip: Keeping your device unplugged for longer helps more!
4. Reconnect the Device to the Internet
Since the nature of the BT TV error code “TS-0003” is network-based, we can’t skip inspecting the internet connection in your setup.
It’s crucial to remember that even when your devices are connected to the WiFi, the network may be unpaired from the internet and remain “empty.”
- You must verify that your internet network is accessible and working!
You can test whether the wireless network works by connecting a WiFi-enabled device to the router and checking if the internet works.
In contrast, you must connect a device to the router via an Ethernet cable to test your broadband and check whether the internet is accessible.
Note: When the internet connection is slow or offline, the BT TV streaming will not work!
5. Clear the Browser’s Cache & Cookies
Note: Skip this step if you only see the error “TS-0003” through the BT TV mobile app!
If you continue getting interrupted when streaming through the BT TV website because of error code TS-0003 BT, it’s time to clear the browser’s cache data and cookies.
The cache data contains your history, website login details, and many more files you don’t necessarily need.
This data is saved on your machine in the browser’s directories to smooth your browsing, but sometimes, the data gets corrupted and causes complications.
So, one of the most effective techniques to address BT error “TS-0003” through a browser is to clear the cache and cookies.
Here’s how to clear the cache data and cookies on our browser:
- Open your web browser and go to the “Settings.”
- Tip: The settings are accessed from the top right.
- Click on the “History” tile and enter the “History.”
- From the right side, click on “Clear browsing data.”
- Then, fill in all the checkboxes and click “Clear Data.”
When you’re ready, restart your browser, go to the official BT TV website, sign into the account, and attempt to stream anything without interruptions.
If you continue to experience the BT error “TS-0003”, continue reading the solutions coming up next…
Info: The steps below apply to the Google Chrome browser but are also relevant for others!
6. Reinstall Your BT Mobile Application!
If you see the error code “TS-0003” through the BT TV mobile application, perhaps something with the app’s data went wrong, and you need a clean reinstallation.
This method will not only sign you out from your BT TV account but will also erase any in-app settings and configuration.
Since the BT TV app is available for both Android and iOS devices, we’ll review the correct way to Uninstall and Install the BT TV app for both platforms.
How to Reinstall BT TV App on iPhone?
- First, locate the BT TV app on the home screen.
- Tap and hold the app’s icon for about 3 seconds.
- When the options appear, select “Remove App.”
- Then, open the App Store on your iOS device.
- Use the search field to locate the “BT TV” app.
- Tap on the Cloud + Arrow button to re-download.
- When the app is installed, sign into your account.
How to Reinstall BT TV App on Android?
- First, locate the BT TV app on your home screen.
- Tap and hold the BT TV app’s icon for 3 seconds.
- Drag the BT TV application’s icon to the Trash Bin.
- Confirm that you would like to uninstall the BT app.
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android unit.
- Use the search bar to locate the BT TV application.
- Tap on the “Install” button to download the BT app.
- When the app is downloaded, sign in to your profile.
When the application is cleanly installed on your device, test whether you can stream without the “TS-0003” error.
However, if the problem continuously appears, you must test whether the app will work correctly on a different internet and a different device.
This would suggest whether the problem comes from your internet or device and help you produce more troubleshooting solutions. Best of luck!
Hence, BT error code TS-0003 appears in the BT TV mobile app and through the BT TV web platform.
To solve the error, you must disable any enabled VPN, reboot the BT TV player, sign OUT and IN your BT TV account, and ultimately, reinstall the BT application.
Follow us for more BT TV troubleshooting and solutions!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.