Is your Bell Slim Remote not working with receiver? The solution is within this guide!
When targeting problems with any type of remote, the causes for the malfunction are usually linked.
It could be the batteries giving your functionality problems or the issue could be on the software’s end.
Either way, we’ll do our best to help you settle this problem in minutes!
To fix when a Bell Slim Remote isn’t working with the receiver, hard reset the receiver and reprogram the remote to the device. Next, power discharge the remote, replace the batteries and in case nothing helps, reset the remote!
To understand what causes this problem, keep reading!
If you’re going through communication issues between your Bell Slim Remote and a 4K receiver of any type, this could only mean a few things.
Let’s sum things up with a list of the possibilities:
- Your Bell Slim Remote’s Batteries Died
- There is Wireless or Physical Interference in your setup
- The Bell Slim Remote is No longer programmed to your receiver
- There’s an issue with the Receiver
In order to reach the peak level of troubleshooting, we’ll go over all of the possible solutions that could settle problems with your Bell Slim Remote.
After getting the basics clarified, let’s jump in!
We hope that now you’ve acquired a general idea of what could go wrong in your setup to prevent the communications of your Bell Slim Remote.
The solutions are simple and effective so let’s jump right in!
A simple, yet greatly effective first solution, would be to Power Cycle the receiver!
Before we get into troubleshooting your remote, we should first attempt this quick method of discharging the remote.
This will refresh all services and the Bell Slim Remote should start working in no time!
- Press the Power Button on the receiver box.
- Wait for the device to shut down completely.
- Disconnect the Power Adapter of the receiver from the electrical outlet.
- Wait for 5 full minutes while the receiver’s power supply is cut.
- Re-attach the power cable of the receiver back into the outlet.
- Turn on the cable box.
After turning on your receiver, let the device work for over 60 seconds so all services could become online. After that, grab your remote and stand next to the receiver and test.
Note: When the batteries are weak the remote will only function when in close proximity to the receiver.
Interference could occur in any setup due to any means.
Whether it will be caused by physical obstruction or some type of wireless interference, your wireless setup might be impacted.
In order to resume your remote’s functionality, follow the steps below:
- Remove Physical Obstructions between your TV and remote
- Level Out your remote and TV’s line of sight
- Remove any RF transmitters, Radios and Baby Phones near your TV/remote
- Clean the “IR Eye” of both your TV and remote
In addition to the steps above, make sure you level out your hand up in the air, when communicating with the receiver, along with the TV. This will guarantee the line of sight.
Note: If there are other TVs in your room, place them far apart until the end of the guide!
To settle the problem with your Bell Slim Remote, you should clear the cache of the device by discharging the internal batteries.
This is used for refreshing your remote software which also resumes the functionality in case the device has failed to work.
- Turn the remote upside down.
- Uninstall the Battery Compartment Cover.
- Take out the Two AA Batteries Inside.
- Press each button on your remote for 2 seconds.
- Hit the Power Button for 30 seconds.
- Reinstall the batteries back into the remote.
- Place the compartment cover back in its place.
- Attempt to use the remote.
Alert: Mind the polarity when installing the batteries back into the remote!
There’s a great chance that the Bell Slim Remote got Unpaired from your receiver!
Whether you’re using a Bell Fibe TV Receiver or another 4K unit, there’s a particular programming process to pair your remote to the receiver.
Here’s what to do:
- Ensure that your Receiver is up and running.
- Press and hold the “Options” Button on the remote.
- Wait for the “Bell” Lamp to blink twice.
- Insert the Pairing Code.
In the manual of your remote, there are programming codes for most of the popular TV and receiver brands.
Here are the included codes you could use to complete the programming:
- Insignia – 0010
- Vizio – 0011
- RCA – 0012
- Sanyo – 0013
- Panasonic – 0014
- Funai/Emerson – 0015
- Sharp – 0016
- LG – 0017
- Toshiba – 0018
- Sony – 0019
- Samsung – 0020
- Philips – 0021
- Fluid – 0022
Tip: You could use “0001” to search for all brands on your TV if the code wasn’t included above.
If it has come to replace the batteries within your Fibe Slim Remote, then it most certainly means that the remote didn’t have power by now.
Once the charge within the current batteries of the remote has been drained completely, the remote will no longer be functional.
In order to resume the remote’s workability, replace the batteries inside the device, by removing the battery cover and ejecting the old ones.
The Bell Slim Remote uses 2 AA Batteries for the internal compartment
Tip: Take a hint at how the old batteries were inserted into your remote and repeat for new units.
If nothing worked so far, resetting the Bell Remote is highly likely to fix the issue!
This is the universal troubleshooting method for whatever problem has occurred with the remote.
Whether it will be a hardware malfunction or a software-associated fault, a Reset is our last chance to solve the problem.
Here’s how to reset your Bell Slim Remote in easy-to-follow instructions:
- Turn on your Receiver.
- Point the Remote at the Receiver.
- Press and hold the Options Button on the remote for 3 seconds.
- Enter “0000” using the keypad on your remote.
- The remote should now reset!
The reset will work, regardless of whether the remote is paired with the receiver or not. As long as you insert the reset code – “0000”, the remote should undergo a Factory Reset.
Note: Once your remote is done resetting, re-program it to the associated receiver!
If you’re experiencing issues with your Bell Slim Remote on Fibe TV, we also have a solution!
Whether it will be a problem with the Bell Fibe TV setup or any other receiver box 4K or not, the problems and the solutions remain the same.
However, the difference is in the settings, menu and interference of each individual receiver and how it is controlled by the remote!
Take a look at our simple resolutions and proceed to apply them to your setup:
- Reset the Fibe TV Receiver – Go to System Setup > Factory Defaults > Confirm
- Reprogram the Remote – Hold “Options” on the remote and enter the 4-digit code
- Hard Reboot the Fibe Receiver – Unplug the receiver box for 5 minutes
If your Bell Slim TV Remote is still not operational, consider contacting the merchant and demanding a device repair.
Better yet, if you have your warranty still active, you could get the device replaced in just a couple of business days.
Contact Bell for more info!
Thus, to fix “Bell Slim Remote not working with receiver”, perform a Power Cycle on the receiver and replace the batteries of the remote. Next, manage potential interference in your setup and perform a Reset on the remote. Finally, Factory Reset the receiver!
We hope that this guide was helpful and for more relevant content, check our blog!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.