If the AirPods won’t connect to Peloton product, the issue is often associated with an error with the pairing process or system issues with either of the devices.
This guide will review all possibilities for a conflicted Bluetooth connection and provide top-tier resolutions to the issue!
Whenever the AirPods aren’t connecting to your Peloton product, put the Apple earbuds into pairing mode and power cycle the Peloton Tread/Bike. In addition, update the system of your Peloton product by using the touch screen and factory reset your Apple AirPods.
Let’s investigate the occurrence of the connectivity issue further!
Why Won’t My AirPods Connect to Peloton?
To connect Apple’s AirPods to your Peloton Tread or Bike, you must first verify that your fitness appliance recognizes the Bluetooth signal of the buds.
The first step before troubleshooting the potential connectivity issues is to uncover all causes for the problem for better orientation later!
Here’s why the Apple AirPods won’t connect with your Peloton product:
- There’s an underlying functionality fault in your AirPods.
- The software version of the Peloton product is outdated.
- The Peloton has not recognized the AirPods’s connection.
- The Apple AirPods haven’t been put into a “Pairing Mode.”
- There’s an issue with the system of the Peloton appliance.
Those were the possible causes for the connectivity issues between the Apple AirPods and the Peloton product.
Remain invested in our guide to uncover the proper AirPods pairing process!
How to Connect AirPods to Peloton Properly?
We recommend repeating the pairing process between the AirPods and your Peloton product to verify that all requirements are met.
Let’s review the instructions to connect the Apple AirPods to your Peloton product and quickly transfer your bike’s audio output or tread…
- Tap the “Settings” icon on the top-right edge of the Peloton screen.
- Next, select the “Bluetooth Audio” icon from the available settings.
- Open the charging case of the Apple AirPods to activate the pairing.
- Locate the AirPods connection to your Peloton and press “Connect.”
- Wait until the Peloton unit has established a connection successfully.
Verify that the AirPods are next to the Peloton product while attempting to set up the connection.
It is also advised to place the Apple earbuds in your ears after putting them into Pairing Mode!
Note: Hold the button on the case for 10 seconds to place the AirPods in pairing mode!
AirPods Won’t Connect to Peloton – Proven Solutions!
Tip: Follow the steps in consecutive order!
1. Unpair the AirPods from Other Devices!
Apple’s AirPods cannot establish Bluetooth connection to multiple devices at once.
Hence, if the earbuds are already connected to your mobile device or computer, the Peloton product will not detect the AirPods’s connection within the “Bluetooth” menu, and you will not be able to pair…
Here’s how to unpair AirPods from a Bluetooth-supported device:
- Open the “Settings” on the device where the AirPods are connected.
- Navigate to the “Bluetooth” tab and press on the AirPods’ connection.
- Finally, scroll down to the “Disconnect” or “Forget this Device” option.
Remember that selecting “Forget this Device” in your mobile device or computer settings will delete the existing profile of the AirPods.
This means that the next time you wish to connect the AirPods to this device, you must complete the first-time Bluetooth setup of the Apple earbuds.
Alert: When opened, the AirPods will pair automatically to a remembered nearby device!
2. Restart the Peloton “Bluetooth” Feature
All Android tablets have built-in Bluetooth features that allow the search of external devices, transmitting the same type of wireless signal.
Issues regarding the recognition of the AirPods can be fixed easily by deactivating the “Bluetooth” feature in the settings of your Peloton unit.
Here’s how to turn the Bluetooth OFF/ON within the Peloton settings:
- Tap the “Settings” icon on the Peloton homepage.
- Select “Bluetooth Audio” from the menu settings.
- Press the activation slider at the top to turn it off.
- Wait 15 seconds while the search is deactivated.
- Press the slider again to search for Bluetooth units.
Alert: All other Bluetooth devices will also be unpaired from the Peloton product!
3. Power Reset Peloton Appliance
There could be a non-lasting issue with the system of the Peloton, leading to your functionality problems with the Bluetooth feature.
To resolve any type of error with the Peloton Bike or Tread, performing a power reset process is recommended, which will not erase any data or options.
Follow these steps to power reset your Peloton bike or Peloton tread product:
- Locate and hold the “power” button on the Peloton product.
- Unplug the power cable of the Peloton product from power.
- Disconnect the other end of the cable from the Peloton unit.
- Wait for 60 seconds until your Peloton device discharges.
- Reseat the power adapter both into the Peloton and to A/C.
Notice: Verify that the power cable is correctly seated on both ends before proceeding!
4. Recharge the Apple AirPods!
Functionality issues with the AirPods are often battery-related and could obstruct the pods from establishing an external Bluetooth connection.
To address any pairing error with the AirPods, it is advised to connect them to a charging source until the battery level reaches at least 80-90%.
- You can connect the AirPods to a power adapter via a lightning cable or a wireless charging stand.
You can track the battery level of the AirPods as long as the buds are connected via Bluetooth to your mobile device.
Once the AirPods have reached the maximum charging level, take the buds out of the charging case and place them back in.
This will reset the power supply of the buds and will cause them to re-appear in the Bluetooth menu of the Peloton tread or bike device.
Note: Keep the AirPods close to the Peloton product while completing the Bluetooth setup!
5. Update the Software of Peloton!
The reason why Peloton won’t connect to AirPods could be because of an outdated software version of the product’s Android tablet.
The Peloton Bike and Tread use an identical Android touchscreen to display information about your workouts and connect with the Peloton servers.
Follow these steps to update the software of your Peloton bike or tread device:
- Go to the “Settings” on the touchscreen Android tablet.
- Select “Device Settings” and press on “About tablet.”
- Select the “System” icon from the available settings.
- Select “System Updates” and press “OK” on the prompt.
- Next, wait for the Android tablet to find a newer firmware.
- Press “Start” to begin the process if any update is found.
A “Software Update Status” will appear on the tablet screen if the Peloton product is updated.
The prompt will contain information about the current firmware version of your appliance as well as whether it is the most current or whether the device requires a recent update.
Note: The Peloton product must be connected to Wi-Fi to update the firmware!
6. Factory Reset Peloton/Apple AirPods!
If your AirPods are still not recognized by the Peloton product, a factory reset is an advisable resolution to issues with the Bluetooth connection.
Thus, restoring the AirPods and the Peloton product to factory defaults will resolve all problematic settings and potential errors from showing.
Warning: The factory reset on your Peloton will erase all content and data from the tablet!
How to Perform a Factory Reset on Peloton Product?
- First, hold the “Power” button on the Peloton Tread or Bike.
- Wait until the display of the Android tablet has powered off.
- Hold the “Power” + “Volume Up” buttons simultaneously.
- Release when the Peloton logo appears on your display.
- Wait until the Peloton finalizes the factory reset process.
How to Perform a Factory Reset on Apple AirPods?
- Open the charging case and take out the buds from inside.
- Hold the “Setup” button on the back for up to 15 seconds.
- Wait until the LED light on the case starts blinking in blue.
- After 10 more seconds, place the buds back into the case.
- Attempt to pair the Apple AirPods with the Peloton product.
It’s critical to remember that once the factory reset on your Peloton product is complete, you will be prompted to set up the initial settings of the device.
After the Peloton Tread or Bike finalizes the factory reset, you must sign in to your account.
Tip: For more help and assistance, contact Peloton Customer Service!
Hence, whenever the AirPods won’t connect to Peloton, verify that the buds are charged to maximum capacity and perform a power reset on the Peloton product.
If the problem is still there, update the software of the Peloton appliance and factory reset your AirPods!
Follow us for more!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.