If you’ve recently ported your number and are now encountering the issue of Visible no service after port, we can help you how to fix it.
This is a common problem among their subscribers, so don’t panic, and let us guide you through the entire process.
To get Visible Wireless service after porting your number, you’ll need to choose it as your phone’s network settings. You also want to make sure that your phone has the updated APN settings from Visible.
In this article, we’ll elaborate on the above solutions. But first, let us discuss the reasons Visible has no service after porting your number.
Reasons Why Visible No Service After Porting Number
There are some possible reasons you are having issues with your Visible Wireless network.
The culprit could be your device. It may be on Airplane Mode and can’t connect to the network. So, you can’t text, call, or use your mobile data.
Other possible reasons include:
- Phone incompatibility
- The porting process is not yet complete
- Using the wrong carrier settings
- Outdated device software
These are the possible reasons you are facing a Visible no-service problem. Now, let’s move on to the solutions.
Solutions to Resolve No Service Visible After Porting My Number
Before you proceed to more elaborate solutions, we suggest you start with the basics.
It may take a while to complete the activation process. So, wait for about 15 to 30 minutes.
If you still have no signal after half an hour, try restarting your phone. You may be facing a glitch or bug that affects network connectivity.
- Turn off your phone.
- Wait for a whole minute.
- Turn on your phone again.
If none of the above tips has worked so far, it’s time you try more advanced solutions.
1. Verify Your Phone’s Compatibility with Visible
If you experience Visible no service after port, there’s something wrong with the process.
You need to ensure that your phone needs to be compatible with Visible’s network. Remember that not all phones can be used with Visible Wireless.
The good news is that you can check your phone’s compatibility to ensure it works with Visible.
Here’s how to verify your device’s compatibility with Visible Wireless:
- Visit the compatibility tool at Visible.com/shop/bring-your-own-device.
- Click on the Get Started button.
- Select your phone’s platform, whether it’s iOS or Android.
- Choose your phone model or enter your device’s IMEI number.
- Wait for the results to determine whether your phone is compatible.
Note: To get your phone’s IMEI number, all you need to do is dial *#06# and wait for it to appear on your phone’s screen.
2. Select Visible Manually on Your Phone’s Settings
After you’ve confirmed that your phone is compatible with Visible and you’re still not getting any service, you want to look into its settings.
Your phone will usually have your network selection set to automatic, and it will detect your carrier as soon as it reads the SIM card. However, there are instances when there is a delay in this process.
To deal with this delay, you’re going to need to set your phone’s network selection manually.
In this case, you’re going to need to choose Visible from the list of networks your phone can detect.
Here’s how to select your network manually on your phone:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Select the Mobile Data option.
- Tap on Network Selection.
- Switch off the Automatic toggle.
- Select Visible from the network list.
- Go to your Settings app on your phone.
- Select Network and Internet.
- Choose Mobile Networks.
- Tap on Network Operators.
- Select Manual and choose Visible.
Note: Once your phone detects the Visible signal, you can switch it back to automatic mode.
3. Update Your Device’s Carrier Settings
Using your phone from one network to another can cause a bit of confusion with its software.
Every carrier can have different settings of its own, and suddenly connecting it to a new one can mess up your phone.
To resolve this, you’re going to need to update your phone’s settings and download the latest carrier configuration.
In this case, you want your phone to get the latest settings from Visible to detect the signals quickly.
Here are the steps to update your phone’s carrier settings:
- Insert the Visible SIM into your phone.
- Go to the Settings app on your phone.
- Select General.
- Tap on About.
- Choose the Update option to get the latest configurations.
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Select System.
- Go to Advanced.
- Select Carrier Settings.
- Tap on Update to download Visible’s carrier settings.
Note: You need your phone to be connected to the internet via WiFi for it to get the latest carrier settings from your network.
4. Activate Your Visible SIM Card
Something could have happened during the activation process of your Visible SIM.
Whenever you’re not getting any service after you port your number to Visible, you want to check your SIM’s activation status.
If it’s not properly activated, your SIM will not work, and it won’t be able to allow your phone to detect Visible signals.
You want to activate your Visible SIM or do it again to make sure that it’s activated and your phone starts receiving the signal.
Here’s how to activate your Visible SIM:
- Insert the Visible SIM on your phone.
- Get the Visible App from your phone’s app store.
- Open the Visible app and get your service activated.
- Follow the prompts to activate the Visible SIM.
Note: You’ll know that you have properly activated your Visible SIM since your phone will start o detect the signal so you can make calls and use the internet.
5. Reset Your Device’s Network Settings
If your Visible phone does not get any service after porting in your number, resetting its network settings is one of the troubleshooting steps you should consider.
Doing this will allow your device to reconnect with your carrier, which in this case, is Visible.
Here’s how to reset your phone’s network settings:
- Go to your phone’s Settings.
- Tap on General.
- Navigate to the Reset option.
- Select Reset Network Settings.
- Tap on Reset Network Settings again.
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Select system.
- Tap on Reset options.
- Choose Reset WiFi, Mobile, and Bluetooth.
- Select Reset Settings.
Note: Your phone could ask you for your device’s password or PIN to confirm that you want to reset its network settings.
6. Change Your Phone’s APN Settings
Finally, if you don’t get any service with Visible after you port your number after trying all these steps can only be caused by one thing.
Usually, your phone should be able to get the latest settings the moment you insert your Visible SIM. However, it’s not always the case, and delays or malfunctions can occur.
Whenever this happens, you can do it manually and enter the settings yourself.
Here are the steps on how to change your phone’s APN Settings:
- Go to the Settings app on your phone.
- Select Mobile Data, then Mobile Data Options.
- Choose Mobile Data Network.
- Scroll down and tap APN.
- Enter the APN settings below.
- Open your phone’s Settings.
- Select Wireless and Networks.
- Tap on Mobile Network.
- Choose Access Point Names, and tap on the + icon.
- Enter the APN settings below.
Visible Wireless APN Settings:
- Name: Visible
- APN: vzwnternet
- Proxy: Leave blank
- Port: Leave blank
- Username: Leave blank
- Password: Leave blank
- MMSC: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
- APN Type: default,supl,mms
- APN Protocol: IPv4
You can check for updates if you still can’t get your phone to connect to the Visible Wireless network. If your phone is running a much older version of its software, it won’t be able to find the signal.
You can check again once your phone has installed the latest version of its software.
You should not have any issues with your coverage after you port your number.
However, if you get the Visible no service after port error, you can contact Visible Wireless customer support to as for additional assistance.
Read Next: How to Unlock Visible Phone in Easy Steps?