Wondering why Verizon 5G home internet not connecting? Well, we got you covered!
Verizon offers the best 5G home internet services directly connected to the 5G mobile network to deliver the fastest home internet speeds possible.
So far so good but sometimes issues arise and in this guide, we’ll learn exactly what to do when the Verizon 5G internet is not connecting.
There are many factors that can prevent the Verizon 5G home internet from connecting including physical obstructions, poor range coverage, bad wiring, and time block scheduling.
The solution revolves mainly around troubleshooting the Verizon gateway!
Do a Quick Test First!
- Try connecting to the same Verizon 5G Home Wi-Fi with another device.
- Try connecting to a different WiFi (Tip: mobile hotspot) with the same device.
Check the results:
- If your secondary device can’t connect to the Verizon 5G = Internet/gateway issue!
- If your secondary device connects to the Verizon 5G easily = a WiFi device issue.
If you believe that the Verizon 5G home internet is not working, continue reading!
7 Ways to Fix When Verizon Home Internet Not Connecting?
1. Refresh the Verizon WiFi Router!
Begin your troubleshooting by restarting your Verizon 5G Home WiFi router, which is one of the best savior fixes for connection problems.
There are a couple of different ways to refresh the router, each of which results in a different (beneficial) outcome.
Tip: We recommend applying all refresh methods!
Refresh VerizonRouter Via Power Circulation:
- Unplug the Verizon WiFi router from a socket.
- Let the router unplug for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Plug the Verizon router back into the socket.
Refresh Verizon Router Via Verizon Website:
- Open a web browser on your device.
- Navigate to the Verizon Sign-in page.
- Locate and navigate to “Account”.
- Head over to the “My Devices” section.
- Click or tap on “Device Overview”.
- Tap on the “5G Home Router” number.
- Navigate to “Manage my 5G Home”.
- Tap on the “Restart My Router” option.
- Confirm by selecting “Restart” again.
Note: Wait for a few minutes until the router reboot and then click Done to end the process!
Refresh Verizon Router Via the Verizon App:
- Launch the “My Verizon” app on your mobile.
- Go to the “Account” section from the bottom.
- Sign in to the app using your Verizon details.
- Locate and click on “Home” or “5G Home”.
- Click on “Manage 5G Home” > “Network settings”.
- Go to “Settings” > “Account” > “Router” sections.
- Click on the “Restart” option and then Restart.
Tip: Also, restart the device that you’re attempting to connect to the 5 GHz Verizon WiFi.
2. Inspect the Gateway Wiring!
The next step is to inspect the Verizon 5G gateway to verify that the wiring is correct and that there is nothing suspicious in the setup.
For this purpose, you need to verify that all cables are tightly connected, which is only possible by unplugging them and then connecting them back!
Here is how to check the Verizon 5G Home router cable connection:
- Unplug the Verizon gateway from the electrical outlet.
- Disconnect the Power, Ethernet, and Service cable.
- Inspect the cables and the ports for any visual faults.
- First, connect the Service cable coming from the wall.
- Reconnect your PC and gateway via an Ethernet cable.
- Lastly, connect the Power cable to the power outlet.
The LAN Port’s light should be illuminated in green color as an indication of a successful internet supply.
From there, first, check if your computer (connected via Ethernet) now receives internet, and if yes, only then test connecting to the gateway’s WiFi.
In case the issue continues, keep reading!
3. Remove Physical Obstructions!
If you only have trouble with the wireless connectivity of your Verizon 5G gateway, it’s likely that you’re facing some type of interference or obstruction.
Our recommendation would be to test connecting to the WiFi when you’re as close as possible to the gateway just to confirm.
Here are factors that can and will impact the Verizon gateway’s WiFi connection:
- Thick walls prevent the 5 GHz WiFi from spreading.
- Electrical appliances – baby phones or microwaves.
- Large metal objects/surfaces or reflective mirrors.
- IR receivers/transmitters or cordless phones.
You should also ensure that your Verizon Wi-Fi router is within 20 feet away from other devices or is set up in a central location.
In case there is no obstruction or interference, keep reading!
4. Disable the Router Band Steering!
The Verizon 5G Home WiFi gateway supports dual-band steering. Basically, this feature allows the gateway, or simply said, the router to have more than one WiFi.
Both WiFi’s are the same Verizon 5G internet but on different frequencies.
The 2.4 GHz WiFi is the slow one, but more reliable, while the 5 GHz WiFi frequency works on faster speeds, but hardly reaches and connects to distant devices.
If Verizon 5G home internet not connecting to the 5 GHz WiFi, it’s likely that you’re facing a device compatibility issue.
Note: Keep in mind that most smart devices can only connect to the 2.4GHz WiFi!
How to Add 2.4GHz to Verizon 5G Home Router?
- Connect your device to the same Verizon 5G Home.
- Open the web browser of your choice on your device.
- Enter the http://192.168.0.1 IP address in the search bar.
- Sign in using admin/password or admin/password1.
- Navigate to the “WiFi Settings” menu from the left section.
- Go to the “Basic” tab and click on the band steering toggle.
- Set the toggle to “OFF” and tap on Save to confirm.
- Go to the “5 GHz” tab on the WiFi menu, and toggle it off.
- Finally, navigate to the “2.4GHz” tab, enable it, and Save.
Note: Make sure that your device has the WiFi option enabled and is within the router’s range!
5. Inspect Verizon 5G Gateway Settings
The Verizon 5G home internet gives users complete control over the gateway but some of its features, such as Parental Control may restrict you from certain activities.
Those restrictions often reflect in online browsing or connecting devices to the internet.
- Simply disable the Parental Control to lift any limitations!
Here is how to disable parental control on Verizon 5G Home gateway:
- Open a web browser of your choice on your device.
- Enter the http://192.168.0.1 address in the search bar.
- Sign in to your Verizon 5G Home internet gateway.
- Look for “Parental Control” from the router home screen.
- Tap on the “Filter” toggle button to disable the parental control.
Important: If you have scheduled any time block on the router to prevent the excessive use of router bandwidth, give it a check and/or modify it.
How to Check the Verizon Gateway Time Blocks?
- Sign in to the Verizon 5G gateway as we’ve done previously.
- Look for the “Connected Devices” option on the home screen.
- Check for any active time blocks under the “Restriction” tab.
- If any time block is active, adjust it according to your requirement.
- Click “Save” to confirm the changes and exit from the gateway.
Note: We recommend performing a reboot on the Verizon gateway when you’re ready!
6. Run a Verizon Troubleshooting Tool!
If you have tried all of the above manual troubleshooting methods and your Verizon 5G home internet is still not connecting, do not panic.
Instead, use the Verizon troubleshooting assistant to perform automatic troubleshooting on your Verizon gateway and resolve the issue in minutes!
- The Verizon assistant automatically diagnoses and repairs your home internet!
All you have to do is go to a 5G home internet Verizon Troubleshooting Page and then answer the on-screen questions to best describe your problem.
However, the device on which you run the assistant must be connected to a Verizon 5G home internet (Ethernet allowed).
Note: The entire troubleshooter thing doesn’t take more than 10 minutes to complete!
7. Reset the Verizon 5G Network Settings
As a last resort, you should factory reset the Verizon 5G home internet gateway.
This is one of the most powerful techniques against any Verizon 5G internet issues so it’s worth the attempt.
Note: The factory reset erases all Verizon 5G gateway settings and you might need help from Verizon for setting up the router when ready. We recommend doing this on a weekday!
How to Factory Reset the Verizon 5G Home Gateway?
- Make sure your router is plugged and powered on.
- Get access to the back of the Verizon 5G Home router.
- Locate the Reset Hole button from the back of the router.
- Insert a paperclip in the hole and then press it tightly.
- Long press and hold the Reset button using the clip.
- After about 10 seconds, release the button and wait.
If you need any further help or your Verizon 5G home internet refuses to connect, reach out to the Verizon Support team.
They will further guide you in the form of troubleshooting, repair, or replacement so best of luck!
If your Verizon 5G home internet not connecting, restart the WiFi router, tighten the router cable connections, and remove physical obstructions.
The next step is to disable the Verizon gateway steering, parental control, and any activated time block settings!
Visit us for more Verizon troubleshooting guides!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.