Toniebox setup not working, and you’re looking for a quick guide? Well, we got you covered!
Toniebox is a cloud-based digital audio player for kids that allows them to listen to their favorite content over the WiFi network.
If your Toniebox is not working as expected, then in this guide, you will learn everything about the setup and some robust solutions to attempt today at home.
Many factors can prevent your Toniebox from working, including network or software glitches, poor internet, or incorrect WiFi frequency. In addition, you need to verify that you’re activating the connection mode and connecting a compatible WiFi thread.
Let’s next discuss the proven ways to fix your Toniebox!
How to Set Up a Toniebox Correctly?
You need to be sure you follow the correct setup instructions, so here’s the right way to set up your Toniebox with the Mytonie app.
- First, download and install the “Mytonies” mobile app.
- Log in to the app using your Toniebox account details.
- Then, press the red plus (+) icon next to “Toniebox.”
- Tap on the “Start Setup Process” from the bottom tab.
- Then, enter your 8-digit Toniebox ID and tap Continue.
- Then fill in all of the required information and Continue.
- Next, press and hold both ears of the Toniebox device.
- Then, wait until your Toniebox chime and flash in blue.
- Wait for 20 seconds until you hear a second audio chime.
- Tap “Join” for pairing when the pop-up message appears.
- Next, select your WiFi name and type the correct password.
- Wait for a few minutes until you hear multiple beep sounds.
- Await the Welcome message shortly…
In case you’re facing problems even after these steps, continue reading!
How to Fix When Toniebox Setup Not Working?
Tip: Make sure to implement each step consecutively!
1. Reset the WiFi Connection!
When your Toniebox setup isn’t working, the very first thing you need to ensure is that the WiFi option is enabled on your device, whether it is a phone or a PC.
If enabled already, reset the internet connection by turning it off and back on to resolve the connectivity issues.
Here is how to reset the WiFi connection:
Reset WiFi on Phone:
- First, open your phone Settings.
- Locate and tap on the WiFi option.
- Press on the WiFi toggle button.
- Turn OFF and then ON the WiFi.
Reset WiFi on a PC:
- Locate the WiFi icon from the taskbar.
- Click on the WiFi icon to access settings.
- Then, click on the Connected WiFi name.
- Click on “Disconnect” or “Forget” button.
- Select your WiFi, and tap on “Connect.”
- Insert the correct WiFi SSID password.
Tip: On a wired connection computer, disconnect and reconnect the Ethernet cable!
2. Restart Router and Toniebox
When the Toniebox WiFi setup is not functioning as it should, restarting both devices is one of the best ways to get them back on track.
This is a significant step that refreshes the device’s system and clears out all potential glitches to restore a stable connection.
How to Restart Router?
- Unplug the WiFi router from the wall outlet.
- Leave the router unplugged for 5 minutes.
- Plug your WiFi router back into the outlet.
How to Restart Toniebox?
- Remove the Toniebox from the charging station.
- Then, carefully hold the Toniebox in your hand.
- Flip your Toniebox audio player upside down.
- Pinch both Toniebox ears for up to 10 seconds.
- Keep pinching until you hear an audio signal.
- Then your Tonibox will automatically restart.
Within a few minutes, your Toniebox will boot up and display a solid green LED light, after which you can use the device.
Also, ensure that you have correctly set up the box in the “Mytonies app” and that the WiFi option on your device is enabled for a smooth connection.
Note: In case you’re unable to set up your Toniebox, exit and re-open the Mytonies app!
3. Activate the *Connection Mode*
It is essential to activate the connection mode on the Toniebox for initial setup and connection.
Therefore, check whether your box is in connection mode by looking for a pulsing blue LED, indicating that the box is ready to pair with the app.
If your Toniebox is not in connection mode, you need to activate the mode correctly, which might be the fundamental reason for your problems.
Here is how to activate the connection mode on Toniebox:
- First, press and hold the Toniebox two ears.
- Keep holding both ears for about 5 seconds.
- When you hear an audio chime, release it.
Then, you can easily set up your Tonie box completely!
Info: Within a few seconds, you’ll see a pulsing blue LED light which indicates that your Toniebox is in connection mode.
4. Ensure the 2.4 GHz Router’s Frequency
Toniebox is only compatible with the 2.4 GHz WiFi frequency and will not be able to connect to the 5 GHz network frequency.
So, it’s essential to check your router settings to ensure that the WiFi you use to set up the Toniebox is set to a “2.4GHz” frequency.
2.4 Ghz Vs. 5 GHz?
The main difference is in the speed.
Some devices are compatible with the faster 5 GHz WiFi, and others, such as Toniebox, work only on the 2.4 GHz WiFi.
Some routers allow both WiFi networks simultaneously, and on some units, you need to enable the 2.4 GHz thread manually.
Here’s how to make sure your router is set to 2.4GHz:
- Open a web browser on your phone or PC.
- Then, enter “192.168.0.1” or “192.168.1.1”.
- Then, insert your router login credentials.
- Tip: Try admin/admin or admin/password.
- Find and enter the “Wireless Settings” tab.
- Check whether your WiFi is 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz.
- Set the WiFi frequency from 5 GHz to 2.4 GHz.
- Alternatively, enable your secondary 2.4 WiFi.
- When ready, tap on “Save” to finalize the setup.
The next step is to simply power cycle your WiFi router and then turn on the WiFi on your device and set up your Toniebox into the app by choosing your Home WiFi network.
5. Check Your Router Encryption
Remember that Toniebox supports WPA2 or WPA encryption, meaning your WiFi router must be set up in one of the two options.
The main difference is in the password length and the encryption type for your network.
Info: Toniebox doesn’t support “WEP” due to its incompatibility with the wired connection!
Here is how to check your WiFi router encryption:
- In the router’s settings, go to “Wireless Settings.”
- Look for “Security Mode” or “Encryption Type.”
- Then, choose WPA or WPA2 as an encryption type.
- Don’t forget to tap on “Save” to save the changes.
Note: When you are confident that your WiFi internet is working and everything is configured correctly, test the setup in the Mytonies app again.
6. Check for the Signal Interference!
Wireless interference is one of the core factors that most users skip checking and end up having connectivity problems.
When the Toniebox setup is not working, the internet/WiFi on the Mytonie app device is likely under the influence of interference.
This usually happens when other RF (radio-frequency) wireless devices impact the WiFi signal from the router, affecting your phone apps.
Tip: Place the Toniebox and the router nearby to avoid significant obstructions!
Here are the factors that can cause signal interference:
Tip: To avoid any potential chances of signal disruption, turn off all the devices in the nearby surroundings, or move your Toniebox to a different place.
7. Factory Reset the Toniebox
In case nothing else helps, and your Toniebox WiFi setup not working, perform a factory reset on your unit.
This is a one-time fix that will resolve all software-related issues and reset the unit to its default settings, which has helped most users so far.
Note: Resetting the Toniebox will clear WiFi connections and stored content!
How to Factory Reset the Toniebox?
- First, plug your Toniebox into the power source.
- Embed your Toniebox on the charging station.
- Then turn both of the ears pointing downwards.
- Simultaneously hold both ears for 10 seconds.
- Wait until you hear an audio beep shut down.
- Then the Toniebox will reset to factory defaults.
To re-set up your Toniebox, remove it from the charging station for a few seconds and then place it back on.
Then, you can easily set up your Toniebox using the Mytonies app or by visiting my.tonies.com/setup.
Note: If your Toniebox setup continues not to work, contact Toniebox Support for help!
Hence, when your Toniebox setup not working, turn off and on the WiFi, restart your router and Toniebox, and pinch both ears of the box to activate the connection mode.
In case the issue is persistent, factory reset your Toniebox to restore the default settings.
Follow us for more Toniebox guides!