If Spectrum Apple TV not working, then you’re at the right place!
When Spectrum isn’t accessible through Apple TV, it probably has something to do with the WiFi connection or software version.
Don’t worry, just stay with us throughout this guide to learn how to easily resolve the Spectrum error on your Apple TV in simplified steps.
If the Spectrum app doesn’t launch on your Apple TV device, diagnose the WiFi of the streaming player and inspect the internet connection strength.
If Spectrum still doesn’t work, you should determine if the application is running on the latest software version.
Why Is Spectrum TV Not Working On Apple TV?
The Spectrum TV app is essentially the same as any other downloaded app on your Apple TV.
Hence, you can immediately acquire a better understanding of the culprit, by opening other apps on your Apple TV to determine whether the issue is only with the Spectrum app.
Here are the causes why only the Spectrum app won’t work on your Apple TV:
- There’s a WiFi connection problem with the Apple TV device
- The Spectrum application is running on an outdated version
- A temporal outage/maintenance with the Spectrum platform
- Possible software issue with the Apple TV streaming device
- Corrupted Spectrum app data or issue with the software
Important – App Source?
You need to be aware that the Spectrum app must only be downloaded from the Apple TV App Store, and not from unauthorized sources online.
Spectrum Apple TV Not Working – 7 Working Solutions!
1. Power Cycle the Apple TV
The beginning of the troubleshooting should always be with something easy such as rebooting the Apple TV, which has proven to be helpful against bugs and glitches.
In case you haven’t done a power cycle or you’re unsure of how this works, well, follow the steps below:
- Press the “TV” and “Back” buttons on the Apple TV remote.
- Wait for the Apple TV device to automatically shut down.
- Your Apple TV should then turn on after a few moments.
- If your Apple TV doesn’t turn on, power the device on.
In case the Spectrum app is still not working on the Apple TV, continue reading!
2. Check the Internet Connection
If the WiFi connection of the Apple TV device is bad, you may receive an error upon trying to access the Spectrum app.
The next crucial step to resolving the Spectrum problem on your Apple TV is inspecting the WiFi connection and troubleshooting the slow loading speeds.
How to Check WiFi Status on Apple TV?
- Navigate to the Settings of Apple TV.
- Head into the “Network” tab.
- Press on “Wi-Fi” and check the networks.
Note: If Apple TV is connected, a “Connected” status will appear next to your home network.
How to Fix Slow WiFi On Apple TV?
Slow WiFi is one of the primary causes of application issues on Apple TV.
We will go through some common and advanced troubleshooting, to fix slow WiFi loading/processing issues:
- Reboot the network router (unplug the device from the power supply for 60 seconds)
- Reconnect the service cable (unplug the coax/Ethernet cable from your router)
- Reduce bandwidth usage (unpair unused devices and cease high-data consumers)
About Network Bandwidth Usage:
Consuming all of your network’s resources (bandwidth) will reduce the overall speed of the WiFi.
Connecting too many devices, streaming in high data, or uploading/downloading content are the processes that consume most resources.
Note: For advanced info on your network’s resources and bandwidth, contact the ISP!
3. Update the Apple TV OS
An outdated software version is also likely to cause issues with other applications on the Apple TV.
In this step, we will update the firmware of the Apple TV device to the latest available OS, which is only possible as long as the device is connected to a WiFi network.
- You cannot update the Apple TV device without an internet connection!
Follow these instructions to check for updates on Apple TV:
- Launch the Apple TV Settings.
- Navigate to “System” next.
- Go to “Software Updates”.
- Press on “Update Software”.
- Press “Download” on the message.
How do I Know if a Firmware Update is Available?
If there’s a newer software version available for the Apple TV device, a message will appear in the “Update Software” tab, prompting you to initiate the installation.
If you press “Yes” on the prompt and the Apple TV is connected to WiFi, the update should start automatically.
Note: Do not press any buttons on the Apple TV remote while the update is still going.
4. Clear the Spectrum App’s Cache
The reason why only the Spectrum app is not working on the Apple TV could be related to the app cache.
You could easily clear the cache for the Spectrum application, through the software settings of the Apple TV device, within the Storage section so let’s unwrap further.
- All apps on your Apple TV generated app cache over time!
What is App Cache?
The cache an application generates when used are excess files that fill up in the storage of your device.
The cache must be cleaned periodically to free up occupied space in the storage of the Apple TV as well as to erase corrupted and harmful TV data and files.
- Open the Settings of your Apple TV device.
- Navigate into the “General” tab from the settings.
- Press on “Manage Storage” and scroll down.
- Locate the Spectrum app from the list.
- Highlight the trash icon next to the app.
- Press the “Touch” surface to clear the cache.
Tip: Clear the cache for all installed apps on your Apple TV device to boost the performance!
5. Delete & Re-Download Spectrum
If you’re still unable to access Spectrum on Apple TV, we suggest deleting and reinstalling the application cleanly.
App cache, corrupted file data, and functionality glitches could all cause problems with the Spectrum app on your Apple TV so it’s best to address them at once!
Follow these steps to reinstall Spectrum on your Apple TV:
- Highlight the Spectrum app from the homepage of Apple TV.
- Press and hold the click pad center until the icon starts to juggle.
- Press the Play/Pause button for more options and select “Delete”.
- Wait for the Spectrum application to be uninstalled from Apple TV.
- Go back to the homepage and access the dedicated App Store.
- Highlight the search field and type “Spectrum App” to discover it.
- Press the “Search” button and download Spectrum on the Apple TV.
Note: Once Spectrum is cleanly reinstalled, you will have to sign in with your account again!
6. Identify Spectrum Server Issues
If the Spectrum app simply doesn’t launch on the Apple TV with no error code or description of the problem, it could be a Spectrum server issue.
This happens when either an outage or maintenance has started and the Spectrum streaming app is temporarily unavailable.
- Visit the Spectrum Support Page to review all outage reports!
Once on the Spectrum support page, press the blue “Check Outages” button and follow the instructions.
In most cases, there may not be information available on the downtime and when it is expected to wear off. Hence, it’s best to test the Spectrum app on another device to justify.
Note: Spectrum outages are usually restored within 2-3 hours after the online report.
7. Factory Reset the Apple TV Device
Moving on, the final and ultimate solution would be the factory reset of the Apple TV.
There’s a high chance that the problem is with your Apple TV device, rather than the Spectrum app, so we would need harsh techniques.
Alert: The factory reset reinstalls the Apple TV (OS), erasing absolutely everything!
Follow these instructions to perform a factory reset on your Apple TV:
- Access the Settings of the Apple TV device.
- Navigate to “System” and then “Reset”.
- Choose “Reset” to proceed to the next tab.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Once the process has started, your Apple TV will automatically turn off after a while and reboot in 1-2 minutes.
Once the streaming player reboots, it means that the factory reset has been finalized and you’re now free to set up the device from scratch.
Whenever Spectrum Apple TV not working, reboot the streaming player, check the WiFi connection, and update the Spectrum app to the latest version.
In case the Spectrum app still does not work, perform a factory reset on the Apple TV to start fresh!
Follow us for more!
Read Next: How to Disconnect Apple TV From iPhone?