Wondering why Sky GO not working on iPhone? Well, this is quite a new and popular issue!
By the extensive research we carried out, we’ve found out that older iPhones such as iPhone 7 and iPhone 8, don’t have issues streaming Sky GO.
However, annoying app errors and bugs tend to appear on newer iPhone models and in this guide we’ll explain why and solve the issue.
When Sky GO is not working on your iPhone, begin with a hard reset on your iPhone and address issues with Sky GO app corruption data.
Additionally, users need to verify the internet and WiFi connection on their iPhones as well as whether the location is enabled.
Let’s continue to unwrap!
Why Is Sky Go App Not Working on iPhone?
Let’s next jump into troubleshooting!
How to Fix When Sky Go Not Working on iPhone?
1. Hard Restart Your iPhone!
The first and easiest step to apply is to simply reboot your iPhone, and in case you didn’t know you can take this method one step further, by performing a hard restart.
This is not an ordinary restart, but the process will not affect your data or iPhone settings in any variety. It’s safe!
Here’s how to hard-reset any iPhone in easy steps:
- First, unlock your iPhone, to the home screen.
- Note: Steps 3 to 4 must be done very quickly.
- Then, press the Volume Up button only once.
- Next, press the Volume Down button only once.
- Hold the Power button until the iPhone turns off.
- Keep your iPhone turned off for about 30 seconds.
Info: When the Apple logo appears, then your iPhone is restarting!
2. Enable Location Services
Some applications such as Sky GO, available only in the UK, actively use the location services of your iPhone to verify the physical location of the accessed device.
This app feature will block any users attempting to stream Sky GO outside the UK, unless they got an active VPN service.
To enable location services for the Sky GO app on iPhone, follow the steps:
- First, open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to “General” and enter “Privacy & Security”.
- Verify that the Location Services are enabled.
- Then, scroll down to try and discover Sky GO.
- If not found, go to the Location Services tab.
- Again, scroll down to try and discover Sky GO.
- When you find it, verify that the location is “ON”.
Note: If you can’t discover the Sky GO app, simply verify that the location services are enabled!
3. Offload & Reload Sky GO
iPhones have an excellent way to clear the Sky Go app on your device, without affecting the data, cache and user settings.
This method will not delete any of your settings but will instead refresh the application’s operation and hopefully resolve the problem that you’ve been facing!
Here’s how to offload the Sky GO app on your iOS Apple iPhone:
- First, enter the Settings app on your iOS iPhone.
- Then, go to General and then iPhone Storage.
- From there scroll down and find the Sky GO app.
- Inside the Sky GO app tab, select “Offload App”.’
- Confirm the alert message “App will be deleted”.
- Then open the App Store and download Sky GO.
Reminder: When you get the Sky GO app from the App Store, reboot your iPhone!
4. Reset the Sky GO App Settings!
Another great feature that iPhones freely provide their users with, is the ability to “Refresh” the settings of certain non-system apps.
This means that you can refresh the settings of your Sky GO app only by going into the settings of your iOS device, without any extra steps!
Here’s how to refresh the settings of the Sky GO app in easy steps:
- First, go to Settings on your iOS iPhone!
- Scroll down straightforwardly to find Sky GO.
- Tap on the “Sky GO” app to enter its options.
- You should see a tab labelled “Sky GO Settings”.
- Below this tab, tap on the “Reset” toggle button.
- Leave this toggle “ON” and restart your iPhone.
- When ready, disable the toggle and test Sky GO.
Info: Be aware that after the steps above, the Sky GO applications cache will be deleted, and you’ll be signed out of your account.
5. Uninstall & Install Sky GO
One of the harshest methods to attempt is to completely remove the Sky GO app from your iOS iPhone and then download the app back from the App Store.
This is the ultimate approach against data corruption or other faults related to the application’s files and performance.
How to Uninstall Sky Go on iPhone?
- First, tap and hold the Sky GO app icon!
- An additional menu with options will appear.
- Tap on the down-most “Remove App” option.
- Then, confirm by selecting “Delete App”.
Note: Selecting “Remove from Home Screen” will not uninstall the app from your iPhone!
How to Reinstall Sky GO on iPhone?
- First, open the App Store from the home screen.
- Then, using the magnifying glass, find “Sky Go”.
- Then tap on the “Get” or “Could + Arrow” button.
- If you see “Update” instead of “Get”, then update.
When you’re ready, wait until the Sky GO app is downloaded and installed on your iOS iPhone. Then feel free to test whether the app is now working.
6. Improve the WiFi Connection
One of the fundamental factors that prevent apps from working normally on any device, not only your iPhone, is the internet connection or the WiFi.
Based on whether you’re connected to the WiFi or using a cellular connection, you need to verify that the internet on your iPhone is intact.
Here are a couple of working tips to apply and uplift your iPhone’s internet:
- Toggle the WiFi feature ON and OFF from the settings app.
- Verify that the WiFi is working by using a secondary device.
- If you’re using cellular (4G, 5G), disable the WiFi feature.
- Uplift the WiFi by unpairing unused devices from the WiFi.
Are You Using a VPN?
Well, if you’re using a VPN on your iPhone, you need to make sure that you’re connected to a British server.
Otherwise, Sky GO will deny your access, especially when you’re attempting to connect from a country other than the UK.
Tip: We recommend uninstalling VPN apps from your iPhone!
7. Switch from WiFi to Cellular!
It’s not excluded that the Sky GO app won’t work on your iPhone because of a WiFi-related fault and the quickest workaround would be to test from your cellular internet.
iPhones, prioritize the WiFi over cellular and when both features are enabled, the iPhone will try to use the WiFi.
Hence, when there is a problem with that WiFi, for example, the WiFi might be “empty”, and not connected to the internet, which will deny your access to Sky GO.
So, you need to do 2 things, first, disable your WiFi feature and then enable your cellular internet (4G or 5G).
- To disable the WiFi on your iPhone go to Settings > WiFi > Toggle OFF.
- To enable the cellular on your iPhone go to Settings > Mobile Data > ON.
When you’re ready, test opening the Sky GO application and in case it doesn’t work, still, then reboot your iPhone for a final time.
In case the Sky GO app is still not working, keep reading!
8. Check for Sky GO Service Outage!
Luckily, Sky provides users with the ability to check whether there are any ongoing service outages in their residential area.
Sky GO app users simply need to go Sky Service Status page and then scroll down and select “Check Status” beneath the “Sky TV apps” tab on the page.
Then you’ll see either a green tick or a red cross, as well as a short message, explaining that the services are online or respectively, offline.
In those cases, there isn’t much you can do but wait until the services for the Sky GO app are restored and you can access them again.
Tip: In case there is no ETA shown on the page, test whether Sky GO works every 2 hours!
Hence, when the Sky GO not working on iPhone, begin by hard resetting the iOS device and then, offloading, refreshing and reinstalling the Sky GO app.
In case this does not help, verify the integrity of your internet and WiFi, before switching to a cellular internet.
Follow us for more!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.