Are Sky Glass channels missing? Well, there are too many people reporting this problem to remain unnoticed.
When any channels are missing from the lineup of Sky Glass, the issue is typically related to a temporal service outage or subscription-related problems.
So, the first step to producing reliable solutions is to uncover all possible causes behind the disappearance of the channels!
When Sky Glass channels are missing, you must verify that you haven’t set up a filtering setting within the TV Guide. Next, inspect the Sky subscription, reconnect the Glass TV to Wi-Fi and perform a factory reset to revert the device to default settings.
Let’s investigate the issue further!
Why are Sky Glass Missing Channels?
There are various reasons why channels would be missing from your Sky Glass, so here are all of the possible reasons for you to check.
What Channels Are Missing From Sky Glass?
The first step is to determine which channels are no longer found in the channel lineup of the Sky Glass TV.
This will provide valuable information on whether those channels are offered with a Sky TV package or should be available with Freeview by default.
The lineup of Sky Glass consists of:
- Sky Sports
- Sky Cinema
- Sky Kids
The total channels that are typically available in the lineup of the Sky Glass by default reach the hefty number of 140.
Remember that some channels streamed through the Sky Glass are only available through a subscription fee, adding to the tall Sky streaming bill, and could be missing!
Sky Glass Channels Missing – 6 Proven Ways to Fix!
Tip: Follow our steps in a consecutive order!
1. Select the “All Channels” Filter!
The filtering settings of the Sky Glass TV guide allow for specialised viewing of specific content sections available with your subscription.
The TV allows for adding content to the “Favourites” section, and if you’ve accidentally filtered the guide, only filter-matching channels will appear!
To deactivate the Sky Glass filtering settings, press the “Right” arrow button on the remote control and verify that the “All Channels” is selected.
After selecting the “All Channels” line, press the “OK” button on the remote control to confirm the selection.
After that, all channels with a Sky subscription should be displayed within the guide, providing various streaming options.
Note: Selecting “Favorite” from the side menu will only display shows you’ve added manually!
2. Soft Reset the Sky Glass TV!
To address any channel-related issues with the Sky Glass, performing a soft reset of the TV is recommended.
This reset type will not target any stored information on the Sky TV but only discharge the hardware and provide the TV with a fresh startup after the cord is reconnected.
Here’s how to perform a hard reset on the Sky Glass TV efficiently:
- Press the “power” button on the Sky Glass TV remote control.
- After the TV has powered off, unplug the power adapter cable.
- Wait for 60 seconds while the Sky Glass’s cord is disconnected.
- Reattach the power cable of the TV back into the electrical outlet.
- Turn on the Sky Glass by pressing “power” on the remote control.
If you suspect that the power supply may be causing issues, do the following:
- Connect the Sky Glass TV to a different power outlet.
- Remove third-party power devices from the TV setup.
- Inspect the power cable of the Sky Glass for damages.
Warning: If Sky Glass’s equipment is damaged, contact Sky customer support!
3. Reconnect the Sky Glass to Wi-Fi
Since the Sky Glass does not require an external dish or antenna to receive channel reception, the TV uses our Local Area Network (LAN) or WiFi to stream the content.
Thus, the channel problem could be related to an issue with the internet connection, stopping you from streaming!
Here’s how to reconnect the Sky Glass TV to the Wi-Fi network in easy steps:
- Press the “Home” button on the Sky Glass remote control.
- Navigate to “Network” and press “Right” on the remote.
- Next, press “Right” again to confirm the network selection.
- Choose a Wi-Fi network from the list of network options.
- After that, Input the Wi-Fi password and press “Connect”
- Wait until the Sky Glass establishes a connection to the Wi-Fi.
After the Sky Glass has established a secure connection with the Wi-Fi network, attempt to access any online service to test the connection.
How to Troubleshoot Network Connectivity Issues?
Here are a couple of working methods to fix network issues:
- Reboot the network router or modem device.
- Reconnect the service cable from the router.
- Reduce the WiFi usage as much as possible.
Note: Contact the internet service provider if you’re still experiencing connectivity issues!
4. Identify Ongoing Sky Service Outages!
An ongoing Sky service outage might be the reason behind the missing channels from the channel lineup of Sky Glass.
To identify ongoing maintenance and outages with the Sky subscription, you must navigate to the Status Center of the provider, found on the web.
Here’s how to check if an outage is affecting your Sky Glass service:
- Navigate to sky.com on a mobile device or laptop.
- Go to “Help” and press the “Service Status” button.
- Scroll down and inspect the “Streaming TV” section.
- Next, press on the “Check Status” button underneath.
- Check if there’s an outage with the “Sky TV” service.
If there’s an ongoing outage, you will be informed of the estimated time when the service will be restored.
So, if any of the channels are now missing or not working when the services are back, those channels should appear or start working normally.
Note: Sky outages don’t last long and are typically addressed within 2-3 hours!
How to Inspect Sky Subscription Status?
It’s likely that your Sky subscription has been suspended as a result of failed payment.
To check the status of your Sky package, you must sign into the official Sky website and navigate to the “Manage My Package” section on the menu at the top of the page.
Note: If the missing channels are paid, check if all optional packages have an “Active” status!
5. Refresh All Installed Sky Glass Apps
To address issues with missing channels from the lineup, it is advised to refresh all installed platforms and applications.
All you have to do is access the Sky Glass TV settings configuration and navigate to the “System” prompt, where refreshing all installed apps is possible.
Here’s how to refresh all installed apps on the Sky Glass TV:
- Press “Home” on the Sky Glass’s remote control.
- Navigate to the “Settings” tab from the Sky menu.
- Highlight “Settings”, then “System Management”.
- Enter the “Resets and Updates” > “Refresh apps”.
- Now, wait until all Sky Glass applications are reset.
The application refresh typically takes around 60 seconds to 2 minutes to complete, so do not power off the Sky Glass or unplug the device from the power supply.
When the app refresh is completed, check whether the missing channels are back in the lineup and test streaming!
Tip: Feel free to perform an app refresh whenever you experience issues on your Sky Glass!
6. Factory Reset Your Sky Glass!
If nothing worked so far, you should perform a factory reset on the Sky Glass TV as a last resort to reset all system settings and erase all installed applications.
Once the reset is complete, you must complete the initial installation of the Sky Glass and verify whether the channels are missing.
Alert: You will have to reactivate the system of the Sky Glass after completing the reset!
Here are the steps to restore the Sky Glass to default settings:
- Open the “Settings” tab from the home page of the Glass TV.
- Navigate to the “System Management” tab from the next tab.
- Next, go to “Resets & Updates” and select “Factory Reset”.
- When ready, follow the on-screen instructions to complete.
Alert: Do not power off or unplug the Sky Glass before the reset is complete!
Hence, to fix whenever Sky Glass channels missing, perform a soft reset on the TV and refresh all installed system applications.
If the issue is still there, verify that there are no subscription-related issues with the Sky plan and factory reset the Sky Glass to default.
Follow us for more helpful Sky troubleshooting guides!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.