Whenever the Redbox app is not working, it’s most likely due to faulty app software.
If your Redbox app seems to load or not correctly open up, you won’t be able to use it or its features.
Even if that’s the case, don’t worry because we have you covered. This article will show you how to resolve this issue on various devices.
To fix your Redbox app from not working, first, you must update your drivers and verify the Redbox version. Afterwards, reinstall the app and restart your device. Next, clear your cache and cookies and relog to the Redbox app. Lastly, reinstall the app if needed.
Now that you know the troubleshooting steps we will go through, let’s start identifying the most common causes of this problem.
Why Is Redbox App Not Working?
If your Redbox app needs fixing, your only possibility is troubleshooting your device software.
The common causes are either related to your device, browser, or the Redbox app itself.
Here are the most common causes for the Redbox app not working:
Alert: Ensure that you're using Wi-Fi for the app and not your mobile phone carrier's 4G or 5G network.
How To Fix Redbox App Not Working?
Solution #1 Update Your Device
If your device is not running the latest software version or your Redbox app is outdated, you can face many problems.
We will show you how to update your Android, Apple device, and Redbox app to the latest version.
Here are the steps to update your Android:
- Click on the Android Settings application
- Scroll to the bottom until you find and tap on System
- Tap on System Update
- Follow the onscreen instructions
- After your device has updated, please restart it
Here is how to update your Apple devices:
- Tap on your iPhone Settings icon
- Tap on General and then tap on Software Update
- Enable Automatic Updates and then download any pending iOS updates
- After the installation is complete, please restart your device
Note: If you are trying to use Redbox on a PC browser, please install any pending system updates instead.
Solution #2 Check Your Web Browser
If you’re trying to view Redbox in a browser, please ensure it runs the latest possible version.
Before continuing, ensure that you have all browser extensions disabled.
Otherwise, you could encounter an issue streaming movies on Redbox on your computer.
To Update your Chrome browser on your computer, do the steps:
- Open up a Chrome browser on your PC
- At the top right corner, click on the three-dotted menu
- Click on Help and then click on About Google Chrome
- Click on the Update Google Chrome button
- If the button is missing, it means you’re running the latest version
After the update is finished, please restart your browser for the effects to take place and see if you can now watch content on Redbox.
Here is how to update your Firefox browser:
- Open up your Firefox browser
- Tap the menu box at the top right side
- Click on Help and then click on About Firefox
- Tap Update Automatically
- When updates are installed, please restart your browser
Note: Ensure that your browser is not running any ad-blockers that might prevent the Red Box app from opening correctly.
Solution #3 Update Your RedBox App
If you are not running the latest version of the Redbox app, this will prevent you from using it to watch content.
In this solution, we will show you how to update both your Android and Apple devices.
Here are the steps to updating Redbox app on Android:
- Find and click on the Google Play Store app
- At the top right corner, tap on your profile icon
- Tap Manage apps and device
- You will see an update available notification next to your Redbox app
- Tap on the update button to proceed
- After that update is finished, please restart your device
Here are the steps to update the Redbox app on iPhone or iPad:
- Open the App Store
- Tap on your profile icon located at the top of your screen
- Tap on Update all
- When the update is finished, restart your iPhone
After you have successfully updated your Redbox app, try relogging to it again and see if the issue persists.
Alert: Ensure you have sufficient download space on your phone before updating the app.
Solution #4 Check Your Internet Connection
If you have an internet connection issue, you might have problems streaming content and using the Redbox app.
If you have issues with video and movie buffering or quality, the most likely reason is a slow internet speed.
Here is how to check your internet connection:
- Open any internet browser
- Search for the keywords online internet speed test and run it
- Test and verify if your connection speed meets the minimum requirements of Redbox
If you notice that all of your connected devices experience very slow speeds, then please get in touch with your internet service provider.
Note: Redbox officially recommends a minimum internet speed of 10 megabits per second.
Solution #5 Reinstall The App
Sometimes, an app’s data gets corrupted during installation and download. This can cause many issues when using the app or its features.
You can reinstall the Redbox application to ensure no problem with your prior download.
Here are the general steps for reinstalling the red box on any device:
- Find the Redbox app on your phone’s screen
- Tap and hold the application’s icon
- If you are on an iPhone, click delete, and slide it to the recycle bin icon for Android.
- Now that you have deleted it, you have to reinstall it back
- Go to the Google Play Store or the App Store
- Search for the RedBox app and download and install it again.
When the download is finished, please login back into your Redbox account and see if the issue persists.
Note: Check online if RedBox has any updates on its website regarding the service being temporarily disabled.
Solution #6 Clear Your Cache And Cookies
Every device contains cached data and cookies for the applications it’s using.
If there is an issue within the cached data, this might prevent the proper operation of your Redbox app.
Here are the exact steps to clear your cache and cookies on Android
- Tap the Settings icon and select Apps
- Find the Redbox app from the list and tap on it
- Select storage and tap clear cache to remove all cached data for the selected app
Here is how to clear cached data for iPhone and iPad
- Find and open the application on your iPhone or iPad
- In the settings, scroll down until you find the RedBox app in the list
- Tap on the Redbox application and find a toggle called Clear temp data on next start
- Restart your iPhone for the effects to take place.
Note: Remember that clearing your cache also removes any stored login data on your device.
Solution #7 Re-Login To The Redbox App
If there are some issues with the login data for the Redbox app on your device, there is a simple workaround.
All you have to do is log out and log back into the RedBox app to ensure no login problem.
Here is how to log in to your Redbox app on an android smart TV such as Samsung:
- Find the RedBox app on your TV
- Open it, click on the profile icon and choose to Sign out
- To log back in, open the RedBox app on your TV
- Go to your TV settings and click Sign in for the RedBox app
- Enter the registration code on the screen
To relog on to your android or Apple device:
- Open the Redbox application
- Click on your profile icon and click on sign off
- Close the application and then reopen it again
- Enter your account username and password
Note: if your Redbox app is not working on Samsung tv: Check to see if any parental controls are blocking it.
To fix your Redbox app, ensure your device and application are up to date. Then check your internet connection and clear your cache and cookies. Then, relog into the Redbox app and finally reinstall it. If you still have issues, you need to power cycle your device.
Now that you’re aware of the common causes and fixes for the Redbox app not working, we hope you can resolve the issue.
Don’t hesitate to contact Redbox support if you still can’t access or use the app properly after all the steps. They will provide you with additional troubleshooting steps.
Read Next: How to Get Now TV on Samsung TV?
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.