The new trend is outdoor security cameras that work with 5Ghz WiFi because of their high-quality streaming function.
Since there are many models in the market, it can be difficult to choose one. But, don’t worry! We’ll help you!
When choosing an outdoor security camera, you have to consider performance and video quality.
Also, opt for one with 5G WiFi signals. Next, check the cloud storage. A cloud storage option with Intelligent alerts is preferred.
Before we move on to the detailed review of each outdoor security camera, here are the things you should consider.
How to Choose Outdoor Security Cameras that Work with 5GHz WiFi
Outdoor security cameras cut all your security issues at home and in your office.
Some feature night vision and panoramic views. But, you should look for the following qualities when choosing one.
✅ Performance and Video Quality
Find a product that delivers excellent performance. Make sure it has a crispy video quality, even on a dark night.
✅ 5G WiFi connectivity
Choose an outdoor security camera with 5G WiFi connectivity for higher performance and speed.
It empowers you to enjoy faster data transmission, smooth live video streaming, and high-resolution footage.
✅ Live Streaming and Two-Way Audio
Your outdoor security camera should be able to record high-quality video and audio. You can see footage in real-time, and speak and listen directly through it.
✅ Cloud Storage
If your outdoor security camera has cloud storage, you can store surveillance footage on the cloud.
You can store a week or two of footage to prevent crime and improve community safety.
Now that you know what you should look for in an outdoor security camera, below are the best products you can buy in the market.
What Security Cameras Work with 5GHz WiFi
If there’s a smart home device that can make excellent use of a 5GHz WiFi connection, it’s wireless cameras.
The fast bandwidth that 5G WiFi provides makes it a great way for security cameras to transmit video data to the network and the internet.
- 5GHz WiFi outdoor cameras are a good choice for high bandwidth continuous recording and lag-free streaming.
If you are looking to invest in one, you need to find one that fits your needs.
In this article, we will introduce the best outdoor security cameras that work with 5GHz WiFi.
All provide real-time streaming functions in full HD resolution.
1. Arlo Ultra 2 Spotlight Camera: Best Overall
The Arlo Ultra 2 is one of the best outdoor security cameras that work on 5G WiFi.
It offers excellent video quality, whether it’s footage during the day or night.
The spotlight helps in providing an additional light source for clearer and crisper videos.
The camera on the Arlo Ultra 2 is also weatherproof, making it one of the best-performing outdoor security cameras you can install in your home.
The motion detection on the Arlo Ultra 2 is on point. If the camera detects any sign of movement, it will record and save it.
Apart from storing the recordings in the cloud, you can also view the camera in real-time. It’s not just the motion detection features that make the Arlo Ultra 2 stand out.
The picture quality is impressive as it sports a 12x zoom so you can pick out a lot of details such as license plates and logos on clothes.
- 4K image quality
- Excellent image clarity
- Color night vision capability
- 5G WiFi connectivity
- Smart motion detection
- A subscription is needed for video storage
- Quite expensive
- 4K CCTV CAMERA SYSTEM: Zoom in up to 12x to see…
- INTEGRATED SPOTLIGHT: Scare off unwelcome guests…
- AUTO ZOOM AND TRACKING: Digitally auto-focus and…
- SEE MORE: With a wide 180° diagonal viewing angle…
2. Lorex 4K Spotlight Security Camera: Best High-Resolution
Another security camera system that benefits from a fast and stable 5GHz WiFi connection is the Lorex 4K Spotlight.
The 4K video resolution results in large file sizes which result in sharp images.
Getting the camera connected to the network via 5G WiFi allows it to save the video footage to your local storage servers.
Installing your Lorex 4K security camera is an effortless process. It delivers 4K video during the daytime.
- The detail and color quality are impeccable so you can instantly identify faces and objects.
Colored night recordings with a little bit of help from the spotlight look crisp and bright.
Though not as clear as daytime footage, it’s still a welcome feature to have to secure your property.
The Lorex security camera comes with Alexa and Google Assistant support.
You can use voice commands to control your camera and the convenience it offers is certainly welcome.
- Sharp 4K video resolution
- Detailed color night vision capability
- Local storage is supported
- Smart motion controls and alerts
- 5G WiFi compatible
- No support for HomeKit and IFTTT
- No wireless installation option
- Crystal-Clear 4K Ultra HD Resolution: Experience…
- Smart Motion Detection Plus: Stay one step ahead…
- Smart Deterrence Technology: Deter potential…
- Weatherproof Outdoor Camera: Designed to withstand…
3. Wyze Video Doorbell Pro: Versatile Option
One of the most versatile outdoor security cameras that you can get that can connect to your 5GHz WiFi network is the Wyze Video Doorbell Pro.
Video doorbells are not usually your first choice if you’re looking for a security camera for your home.
However, the Wyze is one that will easily exceed your expectations.
It’s an affordable piece of smart home gear that can double up as a security camera.
The Wyze Video Doorbell Pro does offer you a choice between a wired or wireless installation.
No matter what you choose, the doorbell is easy to install, especially if you pick the wireless option.
Info: One of the downsides of using the Wyze is you need to get a subscription to fully enjoy all of the advanced features of the camera.
On top of these features, you also get support for Alexa, Google Assistant, and IFTTT.
- Sharp image and video quality
- Easy to install with Wireless Setup
- Voice controls with Alexa, Google Assistant, and IFTTT.
- Dual-band WiFi support
- No support for HomeKit
- Subscription to open all features
- Instant In-App Notifications: Never miss another…
- Stand Alone Doorbell Unit: Does not work with…
- 3:4 Aspect Ratio: 3:4 head-to-toe view & 1080p…
- Motion Detection, Smart Alerts & Video Recording:…
4. Reolink E1 Pro Security Camera: Best Value
The Reolink E1 Pro Security Camera is a security camera that offers excellent picture and video quality at an affordable price.
Now it won’t compare to other 4K cameras like the Arlo Ultra 2 and the Lorex 4K.
However, if you’re looking for a camera with decent features, the Reolink E1 is one that you should highly consider.
Even though it’s not 4K, the Reolink E1 still comes with a video resolution of 2560 x 1440.
You still get highly detailed images that are enough to identify anyone who will come in front of the camera.
Reolink offers you options on how to save your video footage. You can put on a microSD card or use their cloud subscription service to save all of your footage.
- Sharp and detailed 1440p video
- Compatible with Google Assistant
- 5G WiFi connectivity
- Local or cloud video storage
- Does not work well with Alexa
- 2K 4MP SUPER HD & STUNNING NIGHT VISION: The…
- Auto Tracking & 355° PAN / 50° TILT: When motion…
- PERSON / PET DETECTION & ALERTS & 2-WAY AUDIO: The…
- DUAL-BAND WIFI & EASY SETUP: This WiFi IP camera…
5. Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Pro: Best Night Vision Capabilities
If you’re looking for an outdoor security camera that has impressive night vision capabilities, the Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Pro is for you.
Its sharp image and video quality is a signifiant step above the rest allowing you to identify persons and objects recorded on camera in low light conditions.
Note: The Floodlight Cam Wired Pro is weatherproof, which means you can set it up outside your home without worrying about getting it wet in the rain or snow.
The most head-turning feature of the camera are its two adjustable LED floodlights that produces up to 2,000 lumens of brightness.
- It should be enough to illuminate a dark area in your home whenever it detects movement.
Apart from the camera, the Floodlight Cam comes with a speaker, a microphone, and a siren to complete the security package.
More importantly, it uses dual-band WiFi so it can connect to your home network even if you’re using 5G.
- Sharp HDR video for crisp images
- Dual-band WiFi support for faster connections
- Excellent motion detection and tracking features
- Requires a subscription to access recordings
- Floodlight Cam Wired Pro is a 1080p HD outdoor…
- The enhanced audio and echo cancellation of…
- 3D Motion Detection and Bird’s Eye View allow you…
- Adjust the brightness of the floodlights to shine…
These are the top outdoor security cameras that work with 5GHz WiFi that you can get to improve your home’s security.
All of these can connect to the faster 5G WiFi band allowing you to interact with it wherever you are as long as you have an internet connection.
Read Next: Complete Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues.