Why my Fitbit Sense won’t sync? In this 5-minute read, we will provide you with all answers!
All Fitbit watch devices share identical pairing/syncing technology and many current Fitbit users had this problem at some point in the past.
We’ve acquired helpful information on how to identify and resolve the syncing issue with Fitbit Sense, all in a step-by-step styled guide!
When a Fitbit Sense watch won’t pair to your mobile device, undergo the correct syncing procedure and hard reset the device.
If the issue persists, reset the network settings of your mobile, reinstall the Fitbit application, and reset the Sense watch!
Why Won’t My Fitbit Sense Sync to My Device?
All Fitbit watch devices sync via Bluetooth to both Android and iOS devices. The potential culprit for the syncing problem with your Sense watch is probably failed Bluetooth connection.
Here are the probable causes for the syncing problem on the Fitbit Sense:
- An issue with the “Bluetooth” feature on your mobile device.
- Incorrect/incomplete syncing procedure through the Fitbit app.
- Outdated version of the Fitbit Sense watch or Fitbit application.
- You keep the mobile device too far away from the Fitbit Sense.
- There’s a settings problem with the watch or the mobile device.
If you’ve paired the Fitbit Sense watch in the past, it will occur as a profiled device within the Fitbit application.
If you’re able to access the custom settings for the smart utility, do not delete the profile of the Fitbit Sense, because we may need to adjust these settings later.
My Fitbit Sense Won’t Sync With My Phone – Best Solutions!
Let’s proceed with the guide and learn how to resolve this problem!
1. Undergo the Correct Syncing Method
It is possible that you haven’t done the syncing process correctly in the first place.
The only way to verify that the syncing process has been done correctly is to undergo the correct method.
Here’s what to try first when the Fitbit Sense won’t sync:
- Launch the Fitbit application on your mobile device.
- Press on the dashboard button at the top right.
- Select “Sense” from the devices tracker list.
- Press on “Sync Now” and follow the instructions.
Note: The Fitbit application will guide you through the syncing of the watch in complete detail.
2. Restart the Phone’s Bluetooth Feature
Since syncing the Fitbit watch requires Bluetooth, a potential fault with the feature on your mobile device could cause this problem.
Temporal issues with Bluetooth are easily resolved by rebooting the feature from the mobile device’s system settings.
Here’s how to reboot the Bluetooth feature on most phones:
- Access the main Settings on the mobile device.
- Navigate directly to “Bluetooth” or go to “General” first.
- Press the activation slider to deactivate the feature.
- Wait for 30-40 seconds and re-enable the Bluetooth.
- Attempt to pair with the Fitbit watch correctly again.
Note: If you’ve paired the watch before, it will be in the “Remembered Networks” section of the Bluetooth settings.
3. Hard Reset the Fitbit Sense Watch
By performing a hard reset on the Fitbit watch, we will address any functionality issues with the hardware/software of the device.
Hard reset is easily triggered by holding the action button of the watch for a particular amount of time until the watch goes into reboot mode.
Here are specific instructions on how to hard reset Fitbit Sense:
- Make sure the watch is on your wrist.
- Locate the Action button on the side.
- Press and hold the button for 10 seconds.
- Stop holding when the Fitbit logo appears.
- Wait for the Fitbit Sense to undergo the reboot.
Note: The watch will probably take around 30 seconds up to 1 minute to complete the reboot.
4. Activate “All-Day Sync” in the App
The “All-Day Sync” setting within the Fitbit application keeps the watch paired to the mobile device at all times.
If you’ve paired the watch once but it gets randomly disconnected upon performing random actions on the mobile device, activating this feature will fix the problem.
- The Fitbit must already have a profile in the Fitbit app to activate this setting!
Here’s how to locate and enable “All-Day Sync” in the Fitbit app:
- Access the Fitbit application on your mobile device.
- Press on the “Sense” profile in the Devices section.
- Press the slider next to “All-Day Sync” to turn on the feature.
Note: To properly test this feature, try to reconnect with the watch after enabling it.
5. Re-Add the Fitbit Sense Watch
In case the Sense watch already has a profile within the Fitbit application, forgetting the device should help with the problem.
We will erase the profile of the Fitbit watch entirely and then undergo Bluetooth pairing from scratch.
- Re-adding the watch is not the same as trying syncing again!
How to Remove Fitbit Sense From the App?
- Launch the Fitbit app and navigate to “Devices”.
- Press on the “Sense” indicator to access the settings.
- Press on the trash can icon at the top-right of the screen.
How to Remove Fitbit Sense from the Phone’s Bluetooth?
- Access the Bluetooth settings on your phone.
- Locate the Fitbit watch’s connection and press it.
- Choose “Forget this Device” and exit the page.
Reminder: Erasing the watch, means you have to add it to Fitbit and then to your phone again!
6. Reinstall the Fitbit Application
If all of the solutions this far into the guide failed to resolve the problem, our primary suspect becomes the Fitbit application.
If the platform is running on an outdated firmware version or has a corrupted app cache, this can lead to software conflicts and bad device performance.
How to Reinstall Fitbit on Android?
- Launch the Google Play app on your Android.
- Press on your profile icon and navigate to “Apps”.
- Locate the Fitbit app from the list and highlight it.
- Choose “Uninstall” and wait for the app to be removed.
- Once Fitbit is uninstalled, download it cleanly again.
How to Reinstall Fitbit on iOS?
- Access the Settings on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and press on the Fitbit app.
- Select the blue “Uninstall” button.
- Once Fitbit is removed, launch the App Store.
- Use the search field to locate and download Fitbit.
Tip: Activate the “Automatic Application Updates” feature for Fitbit, available on Android.
7. Reset the Phone’s Network Settings
If the Fitbit Sense manages to pair but is constantly losing connection to your mobile device, it is probably a fault with the smartphone, rather than the watch.
Resetting the network settings may help with random connectivity loss with any Bluetooth devices.
- The network settings contain Bluetooth, WiFi, and cellular data!
Here’s how to reset the network settings on most mobile devices:
- Access the Settings of your mobile device.
- Go to “General” and scroll down to “Reset”.
- From the next page, select “Network Settings Reset”.
- Confirm that you wish to reset the network of your device.
- Follow any optional reset instructions afterward.
Tip: If the menus on your mobile device are different, consult the user manual for exact instructions.
8. Restore Initial Settings on the Watch
In case my Fitbit Sense won’t sync still, a factory reset may resolve the syncing problem that the Fitbit Sense watch has been facing.
After making sure that the problem isn’t on your mobile device’s end, we’re left to assume that there’s a software issue with the Sense watch.
Follow these detailed instructions to factory reset a Fitbit Sense watch:
- Turn on the Sense watch and swipe left from the homepage.
- Press on the Settings indicator (a little gear icon after swiping).
- Scroll vertically until you find the “About” section of the settings.
- Choose the “Factory Reset” option from the available features.
- Follow the instructions to reset the settings of the Fitbit Sense.
Reminder: Once the reset is complete, you will have to set up the Sense watch from scratch.
Need More Help?
If you’re still stuck with the syncing problem, we recommend checking whether the issue occurs when attempting to sync the watch to another mobile.
If yes, and the Fitbit Sense won’t connect to any device, well, seek more assistance at Fitbit Customer Service. Best of luck!
Hence, whenever my Fitbit Sense won’t sync, the first step is performing a hard reset on the watch and forgetting it from the Fitbit app.
If the issue persists, correct issues with your mobile device by re-activating the Bluetooth feature and resetting the network info.
Follow our blog for more top-notch troubleshooting!
Read Next: Fix Fitbit Sense Charger Not Working?
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.