Printers experience many types of malfunctions. If my Canon MG3620 won’t print, I don’t panic and you shouldn’t either. There are a few fixes you can do to solve your problem.
Your Canon MG3620 that’s not printing is a problem that needs addressing. It’s an issue that you can resolve in less than 20 minutes.
Continue reading to find out how!
The first thing you should do is restart your printer and computer. This should fix any connectivity issue you might be dealing with. Then, check your printer’s print queue. If you see no problems with the devices or their connection, run your printer’s troubleshooting utility.
Knowing the cause of the problem can help you apply the best solution. So, let’s discuss the reasons your Canon MG3620 won’t print first.
Top Causes Why My Canon MG3620 Won’t Print
Just like any other printer, the Canon MG3620 has its fair share of errors that can be very frustrating.
Sometimes, you’re able to print but the results are unsatisfactory. But based on consumer reports, WiFi connectivity is the most recurring problem.
✅ Paper Jams and Ink Level
You may be using low-quality cartridges or improperly storing them, causing the paper to get jammed.
Also, if you keep printing with low ink, it could dry out and clog the nozzle, causing the printer to break down.
✅ Connectivity Errors
It could be as simple as your printer is turned off and not connected to your PC. Or, your printer is connecting to a WiFi network with a new SSID.
✅ Unresponsive Printer Drivers
The error usually occurs due to a connection issue between the printer and PC. But, you may also be dealing with an incompatible driver or a corrupt file.
✅ Device Software Issues
Your Canon MG3620 is not compatible with outdated software. Either you haven’t updated your printer software or you installed some software with a virtual printer, which sets itself as the default.
These are the possible reasons your Canon MG3620 printer won’t print. Now, let’s proceed to the fixes.
Full Fix Guide of Canon MG3620 Printing Problems
If you got a My canon Pixma MG3620 won’t print problem, start with the age-old restart. Don’t readily jump into more complex solutions.
Simply restart your computer and printer, and check if it can spell out success for you! Also, check the connection between your computer and printer.
Now, there are three ways to connect your Canon MG3620 printer to your PC.
- If you are using the USB method, make sure you connected one end to the printer and the other to your computer. Also, there should be no loose cables.
- If you are using the WiFi method, check the Internet status on your printer. Make sure your connection is stable and reachable.
- If you are using the Bluetooth method, make sure your computer and printer are close to each other. They should be paired via Bluetooth.
Proceed to the solutions below if the problem persists.
1. Clear Your Printer’s Print Queue
Whenever you send a document for printing, it doesn’t simply go straight to your printer.
- There are a few more steps that it needs to take for it to be processed by your printer.
One of the places that it goes to is called the print queue. It’s a list of print jobs that your printer follows so it knows which document to print first.
For the most part, this is a straightforward process and your printer will be able to take care of all the print jobs like clockwork.
However, there are instances when older jobs can stay in the queue and confuse your printer.
To resolve this, you will need to clear your printer’s queue so it builds up a brand-new list.
Here are the steps to clear your printer’s queue:
- Open your computer’s Settings.
- Go to Devices.
- Select the Printers and Scanners tab on the left.
- Choose your printer from the list.
- Click on Open Print Queue, then Cancel All Documents.
Note: After clearing your print queue, you will need to build it up again by choosing to print your documents again.
2. Restart The Print Spooler Service
The Print Spooler is a service software on your computer that help manage all your printers and jobs.
It’s an essential app that keeps your printing tasks in check to avoid any issues.
However, system glitches can occur which can affect the Print Spooler service.
Whenever this happens, you will experience issues like your MG3620 not printing and not responding to your commands.
Here’s how to restart the Print Spooler Service on your computer:
- Open your computer’s Run command box.
- Type services.msc to open the Services window.
- Scroll down and find Print Spooler.
- Right-click on it.
- Click on Restart.
Note: In some cases, you will need to restart your computer for this to work correctly.
3. Set The MG3620 As Your Default Printer
Windows can automatically determine which printer is being used and active at a certain time.
Even if you have multiple printers installed on your computer, this process is usually seamless and automatic.
If you experience your computer not printing your documents, it’s possible that your computer is forwarding the jobs to an inactive printer.
Whenever this happens, you want to manually specify the default printer you want to use.
Here’s how to set your default printer on your computer:
- Open your computer’s Settings.
- Click on Devices.
- Choose Printers and Scanners.
- Select your Canon MG3620 from the list.
- Click on Set as Default.
- Go to System Preferences on your computer.
- Choose Printers and Scanners.
- Select the Canon MG3620 printer.
- Click on Set as Default Printer.
Note: You can check if this is the solution you’re looking for by printing a document after you changed your default printer.
4. Troubleshoot Your Ink Cartridges
Your printer’s ink cartridges are an important component. If there’s something wrong with them, you won’t be able to use your printer properly.
It can stop working and not print anything. Worse, your printer can start printing but doesn’t come out as you expected it to.
To get your printer to work 100%, you need to make sure that your ink cartridges are in perfect condition.
Whether it’s the ink levels or the contacts, you want them to be in the best possible condition.
Here are the steps to troubleshoot your ink cartridges on your Canon MG3620:
- Make sure your printer has a high enough ink level.
- Replace cartridges with low ink levels.
- Open your printer and remove the ink cartridges.
- Clean the contacts of your ink cartridges.
Pro Tip: While you’re in the process of opening up your printer, you can also check for paper jams as this can affect the performance of your device.
5. Add Your Printer to Your Computer’s Printer List
Software issues with your computer can cause settings changes in your computer.
One of these particular changes that can happen is that it can mess up your printer list by removing your devices.
Whenever this happens, you will need to re-add your printer so it can be recognized by your computer again.
Here’s how to add your printer to your device list:
- Open your computer’s settings.
- Select Devices, then Printers and Scanners.
- Click on the Add a printer or scanner option.
- Choose Add Device.
- Wait for your computer to detect nearby printers, then select Add Device.
Note: You want to plug your printer into your computer via a USB cable to ensure that it gets detected.
6. Run Your Printer’s Troubleshooting Utility
If you can’t seem to figure out what’s wrong with your printer, one of the things you can do is to determine the problem by running the troubleshooter.
Your computer comes with a full suite of tools that will help you diagnose and resolve problems with your printer.
If you’re having a hard time fixing your MG3620 not printing, you can run this utility.
Here’s how to use your printer’s troubleshooter:
- Go to your computer’s Settings.
- Click on Devices, then select Printer and Scanners.
- Select your MG3620 printer from the list.
- Choose Run the Troubleshooter.
Note: The entire process can take a while as it will run all the necessary checks on the hardware and software to determine what’s wrong with your printer.
If none of these steps resolve your problem, you can try looking at your printer’s drivers.
Reinstalling them is one of the things that you need to consider. You can also update them to the latest version to avoid any incompatibilities that can cause your printer to stop printing.
My Canon MG3620 won’t print. If this particular problem is still making you mad, the good news is that you can easily resolve this.
Now that you know the causes and the solutions, you can work on them and get your printer working in no time.
Read Next: Why is My Canon Printer not printing Color Correctly?
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues.