In case the lyrics not working on Apple Music, then there are quite a few different reasons to explore and learn about.
This is why in this guide we’ll provide you with the most essential factor as well as the best-working solution when the lyrics are not working in the Apple Music app!
To see the lyrics in the Apple Music app tap on the 3 x red dots at the bottom right corner and then tap on the “Lyrics” tab to visualize them.
In case there are no lyrics, then this track might not have lyrics or there is an issue with the app or music streaming device.
Let’s continue to unwrap further!
Why are the Lyrics Not Working on Apple Music?
There are several reasons why the lyrics do not appear on the Apple Music app:
- Some track lyrics are not available in certain regions
- Apple Music doesn’t have lyrics for absolutely all songs
- Poor internet connection on the Apple Music device
- Delayed syncing process after music transfer process
- The explicit content is restricted on the Apple device
- Apple Music lyrics might not work on very old devices
- Bad Apple Music tracks metadata premade description
How To See Lyrics in Apple Music?
It’s very easy!
- While streaming a track, tap on the 3 x red dots!
- When the menu appears, tap on the “Lyrics” tab.
- Then a new prompt will appear showing the lyrics.
Lyrics Not Supported?
In case you see no lyrics after following the steps above, it’s possible that the track lyrics are not supported by Apple Music.
This is more common with independent creator uploads as well as on not-so-popular tracks and songs on the platform.
Info: In case lyrics were previously working but now not, the below guide will help!
Lyrics Not Working on Apple Music – 8 Working Solutions!
Tip: Follow the solutions in consecutive order for the quickest results!
1. Restart Music App & Device!
In case the lyrics disappeared from Apple Music, the first and easiest approach would be to restart the Apple Music app, as well as power cycle the device.
Since the Apple Music app is available for both, Android and iOS operating systems, let’s power cycle the correct way:
Power Cycle – Android Phone
- Unlock the device and hold the Power button and choose the “Power OFF” function!
Power Cycle – Apple iPhone
- Unlock the iPhone, hold the Power button, and “slide right to power off” the device!
Info: After the power circulation the Apple Music app can be reopened cleanly, and the lyrics should be working just well.
2Disable “Explicit” Restrictions (iOS)
One of the primary reasons why the lyrics are not working in Apple Music, only on a number of songs is due to explicit content restrictions.
Those can be disabled and enabled from any iOS device’s settings, which should enable the lyrics on explicit songs.
Here’s how to disable the explicit content restrictions on iOS devices:
1. Open the Settings app on your Apple device.
2. From there select the “Screen Time” option.
3. Next, tap on “Content & Privacy Restrictions”.
4. Then select the “Content Restrictions” tab.
5. Choose “Music, Podcasts, News, Fitness”.
6. Switch the option from “Clean” to “Explicit”.
3. Inspect the Internet Connectivity!
Apple Music lyrics might frequently disappear even when the songs continue to play when the WiFi or cellular internet on your phone goes offline.
Songs buffer ahead when the internet is online, hence the lyrics disappear first when the internet fluctuates or completely goes down.
- Check the strength of the WiFi or the cellular reception
In case your device is losing connection to the internet or to the wireless network, then that’s the reason why the lyrics on Apple Music not working.
The optimal solution would be to ensure that the device is connected and has stable and consistent WiFi, which excludes this possibility.
Note: Apple Music users often lose lyrics availability when riding an underground metro train!
4. Try More and Different Tracks!
It’s highly likely that you’re attempting to see lyrics for a track or a song in the Apple Music app that simply doesn’t support lyrics.
This is common for independent creator’s uploads and not that popular tracks as well as recently added music across the platform.
This is why the best course of action would be to test with some very popular songs in the app, which you are confident include lyrics.
In case the lyrics are missing globally on ALL songs, then proceed with the troubleshooting in this guide!
5. Incomplete iTunes Content Sync!
The lyrics in Apple Music might disappear and stop working after transferring music from iTunes to your iPad or iPhone.
The reason why this process brakes the lyrics is due to incomplete sync, which happens while the device is connected to the iTunes computer via USB to lightning cable.
Here’s how to manually re-sync the content on your iPhone/iPad:
- Open iTunes on the computer used for the transfer!
- Connect iPhone or iPad to the computer USB port.
- Open the iTunes app and select your Apple device.
- Then tap on the “Sync” button and wait for the process.
- When the syncing is complete, test if the lyrics work.
Info: In case the music files were modified with audio editing software, the track’s metadata might be incorrect, leading to non-working or wrong lyrics.
6. Re-Install the Apple Music App!
One of the best steps against non-working lyrics, especially if you can recall them working a few days ago, is to cleanly reinstall the Apple Music app.
This will erase the application settings, and configuration but will not delete any of the local songs that are saved on the device.
Here’s how to Uninstall > Install Apple Music app:
- Apple – Tap and hold on to the Music app icon, and tap on the “–” sign > Remove!
- Android – Go to Settings > Storage > Apps > Apple Musc > Uninstall app.
Info: Then you only need to download the app back from the App Store (iOS) and Google Play Store (Android) for a fresh start.
7. Expired Apple Music Subscription
The lyrics in the Apple Music app might not work because your Apple subscription has ended or the payment couldn’t go through.
It’s also possible that the lyrics will disappear even on local songs without a subscription so it’s best to possibly resubscribe to access all features.
How To Subscribe to Apple Music?
On iPhones, you only need to go to Settings > Music and tap “Join Apple Music”.
On Android, you need to sign in to an Apple account with an active Apple Music sub.
Apple Music Free Trial?
In case you didn’t know, you can try Apple Music for 2 months completely free, after which you’ll be charged about $6 monthly.
In case you’ve been using the free trial up to now and after the expiration, the lyrics in the Apple Music stopped working, hence resubscribe to gain them back.
Tip: Test whether the Apple Music lyrics work on multiple different songs and content!
8. Update Android or iOS Firmware!
Apple Music receives updates frequently, and if you don’t update the OS firmware of your device in a timely manner, a bunch of weird issues will start to occur.
This is why it’s important to carry out any available upgrades to exclude this as a possibility for the inactive Apple Music lyrics.
How to Update an Android Device?
- Open Settings on the Android device.
- Go to System or “About this Phone”.
- Tap on Software or System Update.
- Download and install any updates.
How to Update an Apple iOS Device?
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Tap on the Software Update Available tab.
- Connect your phone to the charger.
- Select the “Download and Install” option.
Info: The device will restart while updating and will be ready when the welcome screen appears!
Need More Help?
In case the Apple Music lyrics were previously working on this device but now disappeared, you can post a complaint in the Apple Support Community for more help.
In addition, you can try to discover a discussion involving the same Apple Music issues you’re facing!
Hence, when the lyrics not working on Apple Music it’s enough to test whether all songs or just a number of them have lyrics to draw a conclusion.
Then the respective solution would be either reinstalling the app, resyncing local music, or simply re-subscribing!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.