Are you having trouble with Hulu DVR not deleting your saved recordings? We’ll explain why this happens and provide helpful tips on how to solve the issue.
Sometimes, when you delete a recording, it may not disappear from your device right away. This can be due to a delay in updating your Cloud DVR storage.
Let’s fix the problem.
To delete DVR recordings on Hulu, log out of your Hulu account from all devices and remove all recordings saved on all profiles. This ensures that the content you want to delete is removed from all instances on your account.
Understanding the causes helps troubleshoot the problem effectively. Here are some common reasons for Hulu DVR not deleting.
Main Reasons Why Hulu Won’t Delete Recordings Issue
There are several possible reasons Hulu won’t delete your recordings. But first, you need to understand that deleting recordings from your device does not affect the Cloud DVR storage.
Also, make sure you are not deleting live TV and on-demand videos.
- Your delete command did not reflect in your Hulu Cloud DVR storage
- Conflict with other devices that have access to Hulu
- A connection issue between your app and Hulu DVR storage
- An issue with your Cloud DVR plan
- Temporary software bug or glitch with the Hulu app
These are the reasons Hulu is not deleting your recordings.
Now, let’s proceed to the solutions.
Full Troubleshooting Guide on Hulu DVR Not Deleting Shows
Try these simple yet effective solutions before you do anything to troubleshoot Hulu DVR not deleting.
Restart your Hulu app by closing the app and opening it again. Sometimes, you need to power down your streaming device and unplug it.
Next, reinstall the app. Completely delete it from your device, then download and install it fresh.
If these don’t work, try the troubleshooting steps below.
Solution #1: Verify the Quality of Your Internet Connection
You need a stable Internet connection when using Hulu’s DVR feature.
If you have a poor connection, you may experience issues syncing your Cloud DVR and deleting your recordings.
To verify the quality of your internet connection, follow these steps:
- Turn off your modem and router, then unplug them from the socket.
- Wait at least 2 to 5 minutes.
- Plug your devices back in and turn them on.
- Once they have switched back on, wait for them to connect to the internet.
- Connect your devices to your router.
Note: Ensure your Internet is stable before deleting your Hulu DVR recordings.
Solution #2: Log Out of All Devices with Access to Hulu
If you share your Hulu account with others or use it on multiple devices, a conflict between preferences may prevent you from deleting your DVR recordings.
For instance, if someone adds a show to My Stuff or records it on another device, it’s not possible to delete it on your device.
Log out of all devices and refresh the account’s synchronization to fix the issue.
- Go to the Hulu website at Hulu.com
- Navigate to your Account, then Profile settings.
- Select Manage Devices or Sessions.
- Click on the Log Out of All Devices option.
- Wait a few minutes and log back into Hulu.
Note: This solution helps reset your account settings and clear potential conflicts with other devices or profiles.
Solution #3: Delete the Recording on a Different Device
Sometimes, the Hulu app may not sync properly with your Cloud DVR and fail to delete your recordings.
This happens due to various reasons like connection issues, corrupted data, outdated software, and more. Try deleting them from another device to isolate the issue to a specific device or app.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Hulu app or visit the Hulu website on a different device.
- Log in to your Hulu account using your credentials.
- Navigate to the DVR or Recordings section.
- Find the recording you want to delete and select the option to remove it.
- Check to see if the recording has been deleted.
Note: Deleting the recording on a different device bypasses any bugs or glitches that may be affecting your Hulu app or device.
Solution #4: Clear the Cache on the Browser You Use Hulu
You can watch and access your Hulu account in many ways. However, the one that offers you the most control is via a web browser.
Now, if you’re already trying to delete some of your DVR recordings and are unable to do it, there can be an issue with your browser.
To fix it, you need to look at clearing the browser cache to get rid of temporary files that can disrupt your access to your Hulu account.
Clearing the cache data can also remove corrupted files from other websites that can disrupt Hulu.
Here are the steps to clear your browser cache:
- Open the browser you watch Hulu on.
- Go to the browser settings.
- Navigate to the section on Privacy and Browsing data.
- Click on the option to clear browsing data.
- Choose All Time to remove all files.
Note: After clearing the cache, you will need to close your browser, restart it and delete the DVR recordings on Hulu again.
Solution #5: Remove Residual Files on Your Hulu App
If you’re not the type to watch Hulu on your computer via a browser, you will also need to remove temporary files from the app.
These files can interfere with the operation of your Hulu app.
There are also instances when they can disrupt the connection between the app and the server, which can cause your DVR not to delete your recordings.
Here’s how to remove these files on your device:
- Open your iPhone’s Settings.
- Select General.
- Go to iPhone Storage.
- Tap on Hulu from the list.
- Select the Offload app option.
- Go to your device’s Settings app.
- Select Apps.
- Scroll down and tap on Hulu from the list.
- Tap on Storage.
- Choose Clear Cache, then Clear Data.
Note: After offloading the app or clearing the cache and data, you need to reboot your device and launch the app.
Solution #6: Delete Recordings from All Profiles on Your Account
Lastly, if you still can’t figure out how to delete your Hulu DVR recordings, there’s one surefire way to do it.
Your Hulu account can have several profiles saved on it. It’s possible that a couple of those profiles have saved the same movie or show in their DVR recordings.
Whenever this happens, if you try to remove the recording on your profile and it’s still in the other profile, the content can continue to appear on your saved DVR recordings.
You want to make sure to get rid of every instance of the recording by accessing the other profiles on your account and deleting it.
Here’s how to remove the recordings from all your Hulu profiles:
- Log in to your Hulu and go to your Account Settings.
- Select a profile from your Hulu account.
- Go to the DVR or Recordings sections.
- Delete the recording you want to remove.
- Repeat this process on all your profiles.
Note: After deleting the recordings, you will want to wait a few minutes to ensure your Hulu account syncs with the servers and removes the content from your DVR.
That’s it! You need to do these things so you can delete a DVR recording from your Hulu account.
There are instances when they can be a bit stubborn and take you forever to delete them.
If you still can’t remove them, you can contact Hulu customer support for assistance.
Now that you know the various causes and solutions to Hulu DVR not deleting, you can start clearing up some space. Since the DVR storage is not unlimited, it helps to make room so you can save the latest shows and movies.
Read Next: Hulu Network Error 503? – Quick Solutions
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.