Unlocking your phone isn’t difficult to do. The process may vary from phone to phone and carrier to carrier, but a little help can go a long way.
Luckily, we know how to unlock Assurance Wireless SIM card.
Getting your phone back in working order is something you should know if it gets unlocked. You can do it, and knowing the complete steps won’t even take more than 30 minutes.
In this article, we will discuss the above steps from top to bottom. But first, here is a list of the important things you should consider when unlocking an Assurance SIM card.
Considerations on Assurance Wireless SIM Card Unlock Process
It is not the SIM card that you are getting unlocked. It’s a device that you can lock or unlock.
So, if you have an Assurance phone and want to switch carriers, you need to unlock it.
Check your device to see if it’s eligible for unlocking, and consider the following:
✅ Verify Your Device’s Unlock Status
Check the status of your unlock request. To be eligible, your phone needs to be active on the Assurance network for 12 months and wasn’t involved in any fraudulent activities.
✅ Get Your Device’s Important Numbers
You will need your phone’s IMEI number to continue the unlock process. It is the quickest way to determine if your device is compatible with your new SIM card.
✅ Unlock Code Will Only Come From Carrier
You can reach out to Assurance Wireless and request an unlock code. They will send you the code but take note that unlocking the Assurance SIM will void your warranty.
✅ Type the Unlock Code Carefully
Once you have received it, follow the instructions to enter it into your phone. If you are unsure about the process, contact Assurance for help.
Unlocking the phone will allow you to use it with other carriers. If you’re ready, let’s proceed to the actual steps of the process.
Full Guide on How to Unlock My Assurance Wireless SIM Card
You can switch carriers without buying a new device if you know how to unlock Assurance Wireless SIM card.
This can save you big money and help you when traveling abroad. But first, you want to know if your device is eligible for unlocking.
Here are the requirements to unlock your phone for free:
- The device is provided by Assurance Wireless
- It was not reported as lost or stolen
- It was not flagged for fraudulent activities
- It has been active for at least 12 months
You can proceed to the following steps as soon as the device becomes eligible for unlocking.
1. Get Your Phone’s Hardware Details Like Its IMEI Number
Unlocking your Assurance SIM and the device will require a bit of work from your end. It’s not as simple as contacting your carrier and getting them to take care of it.
Before proceeding to the next steps of the unlock process, you want to ensure you have all the information ready.
One of the most important things that will be asked of you as you go through the unlock process is your phone’s IMEI number.
You want to make sure you have it ready before contacting your carrier.
Here’s how to get your phone’s IMEI number:
- Navigate to the Settings app on your phone.
- Go to General.
- Select the About option.
- Scroll down and look for IMEI Number.
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Go to the About Phone option.
- Choose Status.
- Select IMEI Information.
Pro Tip: It helps to write down your IMEI number so you can easily send it to your carrier’s customer support representative.
2. Contact Assurance Wireless and Get Your Unlock Code
Now that you have your phone’s IMEI number, you can go ahead and call the Assurance customer support hotline.
- Remember that this is the only way to get your unlock code as quickly as possible.
Talking to a representative surely helps with your case so you can finish the unlock process at least the same day you started it.
Here’s how to successfully contact Assurance to get your unlock code:
- On your phone, dial 888-321-5880.
- Talk to a customer service representative from Assurance Wireless.
- Let them know that you want to get your phone unlocked.
- Ask for an unlock code that you can use with your phone.
- Provide information such as your account name, address, and device IMEI.
Note: You can also try contacting Assurance through chat or email, but calling them is the most efficient option.
3. Connect Your Phone to an Internet Connection
You can get your phone’s unlock code quickly if you talk to an Assurance representative.
However, you still can’t unlock your phone right away. There are a couple more steps that you need to complete to get your phone unlocked.
- You want to ensure your phone is connected to a stable internet connection.
The source doesn’t matter, as it can be a WiFi network or mobile data from your carrier.
Here’s how to properly connect your phone to an internet source:
- Open your phone’s Control Center or Quick Settings.
- Choose which connection you want to use.
- If you want to use WiFi, tap on the WiFi icon.
- If you want to use Mobile Data, tap on the Data icon.
- Verify that you’re phone is connected to the internet.
Tip: To open your phone’s Control Center or Quick Settings, swipe down from the top of the screen.
4. Verify Your Device’s Unlock Status On Your Account
You need to remember one thing when unlocking your Assurance phone. You can’t just request to get your phone and SIM unlocked and have it approved immediately.
- One of the things you need to do is verify the status of your account and device.
Once it’s all clear, you should be able to unlock it so you can use it no matter what SIM you use.
Here’s how you can verify the status of your device and account:
- Go to myaccount.assurancewireless.com account login page.
- Log in using your Assurance account details.
- Visit the Devices page on your account dashboard.
- Check the Unlock Status of your device.
Note: You will be able to know if you can successfully unlock your phone so you can proceed to the next steps.
5. Insert a Different SIM In Your Phone
Knowing your device’s unlock status helps you decide whether to proceed with the unlock process.
- If, up to this point, you’ve got the green signal to unlock your Assurance device and SIM, you will need to change out the SIM on your phone.
Doing this will prompt your phone to open the unlock screen, where you can enter the unlock code you received from the Assurance Wireless team in Step #2.
Here’s how to insert a different SIM in your phone:
- Locate the SIM tray slot in your phone.
- Find a SIM eject tool or a pin to open the slot.
- Insert the tool into the hole on the side of the tray.
- Push on it gently and wait for the SIM tray to pop out.
- Replace the SIM card in the tray and push it back into your phone.
Note: You will want to replace it with a SIM from a different carrier so it will open the unlock page.
6. Enter The Unlock Code On Your Phone
Finally, it’s time to enter the unlock code. After you replace your SIM card, you will need to restart your phone so it opens the unlock page.
You can now go ahead and type in the code and wait for your phone to unlock itself so you can start using it again.
Here’s how to type in the unlock code:
- Restart your phone.
- Wait for it to power up and for the unlock code to appear.
- Type in the unlock code in Step #2.
- Tap on the Unlock button.
Note: The unlock process will only take a few seconds.
You will now have full access to your phone and can use it without any restrictions.
If you run into any issues and are experiencing more problems in unlocking your phone and SIM, you can contact Assurance Wireless for assistance.
You need to follow these steps to know how to unlock Assurance Wireless SIM card in no time.
The steps are quick, and you don’t even need to have any technical experience to perform them. As long as you follow the process closely, you can gain control of your phone and continue to use it.
Read Next: Can You Have Multiple Internet Providers In One House?
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues.