Do you want how to sync Sky Q remote to TV and make your life a lot easier?
If you have a Sky Q box and a compatible TV, syncing them together gives you control of both devices. This will improve your viewing experience and convenience.
To sync your Sky Q remote with your TV, Verify the compatibility of both devices. Press the Home button on your remote, open the Settings menu on your TV, and set up the Remote Control option.
Find out the more detailed steps!
How to Sync Sky Q Remote to TV in Easy Steps
Syncing your remote to your TV is a fairly straightforward process. So, we’ll show you the exact steps and explain some of the other things you need to consider before and after doing them.
By the end, our goal is to get you to enjoy the full benefits of your Sky Q subscription fully.
Why is Syncing Your Sky Q Remote Necessary
If you’re asking if you really need to sync your Sky Q remote with your TV, we’re here to let you know that it’s not a must. However, there are several benefits why doing this is an excellent idea.
Let’s explore what these are to convince you why you need to sync them:
- It will make your life easier since you don’t have to juggle between multiple remotes
- Use one remote for everything, making it convenient and efficient
- Enhances your viewing quality as it gives you access to your box and TV’s settings
- Prevent potential problems, especially when it comes to your TV’s original remote
Full Guide on How to Sync a Sky Q Remote
There’s not a lot that you need to make this happen. With your Sky Q subscription, you’re going to have access to your box, remote, and TV.
If you want to sync your Sky Q remote to your TV, here are the steps you need to follow:
Preparations Before You Begin
Before you begin the process of syncing your remote to your TV, you need to complete a few preparatory steps.
You want to do this to ensure a smooth process and to minimize any issues that you’re going to encounter.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Make sure your Sky Q box and TV are turned on and connected
- Make sure that you have a working internet connection for your Sky Q box and TV
- Load fresh batteries into your Sky Q remote if you have not changed them for a while
- Check your Sky Q box, remote, and TV’s firmware and make sure they’re up to date.
- Know the brand and model of your TV
Tip: You’ll be able to find the complete brand and model information of your TV in the user manual or in the sticker at the back or side.
Identifying Your TV Model and Check Compatibility
One thing you need to remember is that not all TVs are going to be compatible with your Sky Q remote.
Before you attempt to sync your remote, you want to double-check and ensure that you’ll be able to get all your devices to work together.
Here’s the best way to check this:
- Verify if your TV has the HDMI-CEC feature.
- Another feature to look out for is ARC.
- Check your TV’s manual to see if it has these features.
- Search your TV model online and check if it comes with these features.
Pro Tip: Even if your TV does not explicitly say it has these features or not, it’s still worth attempting to sync to see if it works or not.
To give you an idea of which TVs are known to be compatible with the Sky Q remote:
- Samsung TVs from 2012 and later
- LG TVs from 2013 and later
- Panasonic TVs from 2014 and later
- Sony TVs from 2015 and later
- Philips TVs from 2016 and later
If you’re still unsure if your TV is compatible with your Sky Q remote, contact Sky Support for assistance.
Accessing Your Sky Q Remote Settings
Now that you’re certain you’ll be able to use your Sky Q remote with your TV, it’s time to start the syncing process.
The first step you need to take is to access your remote’s settings. This is where you’ll be able to adjust its many functions.
To go to your remote’s settings, follow these steps:
- Press the Home button on your Sky Q remote.
- Open the Settings menu.
- Go to Setup.
- Select Remote Control.
- Choose the type of remote you’re using.
Your remote is either:
- Sky Q Touch Remote with a touchpad
- Sky Q Voice Remote with a microphone
- Sky Q Accessibility Remote the one with larger buttons
- Standard Sky Q Remote
Initiating the Pairing Process
The next step in the process is to initiate the sync between the remote and the TV. If you’re lucky, all you need to do is select the brand of your TV on the screen, and it should be all set.
However, in some cases that you won’t find your TV in the options, there’s an alternate method.
Here’s how to sync if your TV is in the options:
- On the Remote Control screen, select Control Your TV.
- Choose your brand from the list.
- If your TV is not on the list, select the Find It For Me option.
- A 4-digit code will appear on your TV screen.
- Note this down for later use.
Here’s how to sync using the code:
- Press and hold the 1 and 3 buttons on your Sky Q remote simultaneously.
- Wait for the light on your remote to flash green twice.
- Enter the 4-digit code you saved earlier using your remote’s keypad.
- If you entered the code correctly, the light on your remote will flash green twice.
Note: Your Sky Q remote is now synced with your TV, and you’ll be able to test if you can now use it.
Testing If the Pairing is Successful
After confirming that you have paired your remote and TV, it’s time to test out if everything is working fine.
If you’re successful, you’ll be able to control your TV functions, such as turning it on or off, changing the volume, changing the input source, and more.
Here are the proper steps to test if the pairing process is a success:
- Press and hold the Standby button on your Sky Q remote for 3 seconds.
- Your TV should switch Off.
- If it does, press and hold the Standby button again to switch it on.
- Test the Volume + and – buttons and check if you’re able to control the volume.
- Press the other buttons on your remote to see if it controls your TV.
Note: All of the buttons on your Sky Q remote will work with your TV functions, so we recommend testing each one, apart from the obvious ones.
How to Sync Sky Q Remote to Box
There are cases when you’re going to face issues with your remote, and you’ll need to replace it.
If your original one is lost or damaged, your new one won’t work with your Sky Q box right away.
You need to know how to connect Sky remote to Sky box. The good news is that it’s a similar process to your TV, so you continue to use it for both devices.
- Point your Sky Q remote at the Sky Q box.
- Press and hold the Home button on your remote for 5 seconds.
- Wait for your remote to start flashing.
- A message will appear that your Sky Q box is asking to pair with your remote.
- Select Yes to complete the pairing process.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
If you encounter any issues during the sync process or while using your Sky Q remote, don’t panic.
There are a few problems that you’re likely to encounter, and you’ll be able to fix them easily.
Here are some quick fixes you need to know:
- If you can’t find the code for your TV brand or model, use one from the same brand.
- Use a generic code such as 0000 or 9999, as these also work.
- Reset both your TV and the Sky Q box at the same time.
- Unplug them from the power source for 30 seconds before plugging them back in.
- Make sure to use fresh batteries in your remote to avoid issues.
If none of these troubleshooting steps work, resetting your remote also helps.
Here’s how you do it:
- Press and hold the Sky and the 1 buttons for 10 seconds.
- Wait for the Sky Q remote to turn Off.
- Press the Sky button to turn your remote On.
- Your Sky Q remote is now reset to factory settings.
Note: Once you are able to use your remote, you’ll need to pair it again with both the Sky Q box and your TV.
If you want to sync Sky Q remote to your TV, all you need to know if make sure your TV is compatible with your remote. You’ll then need to access your remote’s Settings and choose your TV brand from the list.
For more Sky Q guides and troubleshooting steps, visit our blog!
Read Next: Sky Q Download Failed? – Here’s How to Fix
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues.