If you’re thinking how to get PAC code from EE, you’re in the right place!
A PAC code is a short code that allows you to transfer your existing number if you want to transfer to a new network.
To get your PAC code from EE, text PAC to 65075 from the phone number you want to keep. You’ll then get the code in your messages in minutes for you to use within 30 days.
Let’s dive into the rest of the things you need to do!
How to Get PAC Code from EE – All the Steps You Need to Know
Now that you have a rough idea of how to get your PAC code from EE, it’s time that you fully understand the ins and outs.
Getting your PAC code from EE is a free and easy process. You don’t even need to speak to anyone on the phone.
Why You Might Want to Leave EE
EE is one of the UK’s largest and most popular mobile networks. They offer excellent 4G and 5G coverage, unlimited data plans, and other benefits.
However, they’re not going to be perfect, and there are going to be reasons why you might choose to leave them for another network.
Here are some of the top reasons why you want to switch away from EE:
- You are unhappy with the EE’s customer service
- You are not satisfied with their network performance in your area
- You want to try a different network that offers more flexibility
- You are moving to an area where EE has poor or no coverage
- You are travelling abroad and want to use a local SIM card
If any of these reasons ring true for you and you have decided to move away from EE, getting your PAC code is a quick and mostly painless process.
You don’t need to worry about losing your number and contacts since they will be transferred along.
Important: There are no associated fees when requesting a PAC code since it’s free, but your EE account will be automatically closed once you use it.
Full Guide on How to Get a PAC Code from EE
There are a couple of steps you need to go through if you want to transfer your number away from EE. The first is going to be getting your PAC code from EE.
Let’s look at a more detailed guide, so you have a better idea of what you’re getting with your code.
Make Sure Your Account is in Good Standing
Before you request a PAC code from EE, it’s imperative that you need to ensure your account is in good standing.
This means that you have paid all your bills and charges and are not under any contract or agreement with EE.
Here are the steps to check if you have any outstanding balances on your bills:
Check your account balance:
- Text BALANCE to 150; or
- Log in to your EE account online.
- Enter your email or username.
- Type your password.
- Check your account balance on the left side of the page.
To pay your account balance:
- Go to the My EE tab on your account.
- Select Bills and Payments.
- Make a payment using your method of choice.
Note: Other outstanding charges will be listed below your account balance, and we recommend that you pay them off before requesting your PAC code.
Select a Method to Request Your PAC Code
There are three methods on how to request my PAC code from EE. The easiest and fastest way is by text, as it only takes a few minutes and doesn’t require you to speak with anyone.
However, if you prefer another method, there are also alternatives:
|Method||How to do it||How long it takes|
|Text||Text ‘PAC’ to 65075 from the number you want to keep||Within minutes|
|Online||Log in to your My EE account and go to Menu > Account settings > Leave EE||Within minutes|
|Phone||Call 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from another phone||Depends on the waiting time|
Provide Your Personal Details
After choosing a method, you’re going to need some of your personal details. This is not really a requirement, but it helps to have it ready if they ask.
The personal details you need to provide may include:
- Your name and address
- Your EE account number and phone number
- Your date of birth
Note: These are all used to verify your identity so they can be sure that it’s you who’s asking for the PAC code so you can transfer to another network.
Receive Your PAC Code
Now that you have all of these sorted out, you only need to wait for your PAC code to arrive.
Depending on the method you choose, you’ll receive it this way:
- By Text: You will receive a message from EE with your PAC code.
- Online: You will see the PAC code on your screen after logging into your account.
- By Phone: An operator will say the PAC code to you, and you will also receive it via text.
Note: Whichever way you receive your PAC code, you want to make sure that you write it down or save it somewhere since this is a requirement if you want to change networks.
Now, at some point, if you decide to stay with EE, you don’t have to do anything with your PAC code. Remember that your account will only be disabled the moment a different network uses your code.
Understanding Your PAC Code Validity
Your PAC code is only valid for 30 days after you receive it. This means that you have 30 days to use the code should you want to switch to a new network and keep your number.
Since your PAC code determines your intent to switch networks, it also controls when EE will close your account.
Here’s what happens when you use your PAC code:
- Start the process of transferring your account.
- Your EE account will automatically close within two working days.
Note: If you don’t use your PAC code within 30 days, it will expire, and you’ll need to request a new one in case you decide to transfer.
Using Your PAC Code to Transfer to a New Network
Using your PAC code is the final step in switching from EE to another network. Don’t worry, as it’s a quick and simple process where your new network will do all of the heavy lifting.
Select Your New Preferred Network
Since getting your PAC code means you want to switch providers, you want to do some research on which one you want to move to.
It really depends on what you’re looking for, so pick one that suits your needs and budget.
Here are some important factors to consider when selecting your new network:
- Price – How much does it cost, and are you getting a better deal compared to EE?
- Data – How much data is included in the plan, and is it enough for your usage?
- Calls and Texts – How many minutes and texts does the plan have?
- Coverage – How good is the coverage in your area, and do they offer 4G or 5G speeds?
- Features – Are there other features that your new network offers?
- Customer Service – Are they responsive to your requests, and how helpful are they?
Tip: When comparing, we recommend reading reviews that compare them to EE to understand better how they stack up against one another.
Sign Up for a New Plan with Your New Network
After selecting your network, it’s time to sign up for one of their plans or deals.
You should be able to do this online, by phone, or by visiting their store. Depending on your needs, you can also order a new phone or SIM.
Important: When you’re signing up for a new plan or deal with your new provider, make sure that you don’t cancel your plan just yet.
Provide Your PAC Code
Now that you have an account with your new network, the most important step here is to forward your PAC code to them so they are able to use it.
This will tell them that you also want to transfer your number, and they will use the code to request it from EE.
Here’s how you can provide your PAC code to your new network:
- Contact your new provider by phone, email, or online.
- Let them know you want to transfer your number from EE.
- Tell them your PAC code.
- They will start the transfer process for your number.
Note: During the porting process, you cannot make or receive calls with your number for at least 2 days.
Test If the Porting Process is Successful
Once you get the notification that the porting process is successful, here’s how to test it out:
- Make a call to your number using a different phone.
- Check your voicemail to see if you are able to access it.
- Send a message from your number.
- Check your phone’s network settings, as it should show your new network.
If you’re still having trouble, contact EE Support to know if there’s something wrong with the PAC code they provided you or if your account is still active.
This is how to get the PAC code from EE. It’s an important step if you want to transfer to another network and still get to keep your current number.
All you need to do is text PAC to 65075, and they will text you back with the code. For more troubleshooting and how-to guides for EE, visit our blog!
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues.