Don’t know how to fix Hulu error code P-DEV336 on your own? We’re here to help!
The P-DEV336 error code is a common occurrence within the Hulu platform but fortunately, there are plenty of solutions to work with.
So, remain invested in reading this guide to uncover the most reliable and efficient solutions that will only take 5 minutes of your time…
To fix the “P-DEV336” error code on Hulu, try rebooting your streaming device and clearing the app cache. These steps usually resolve the issue quickly and easily.
The next step is to check if there’s an ongoing service outage at Hulu and then attempt to stream a browser or alternative streaming device!
Let’s dig deeper!
Understanding Error Code P-DEV336 Hulu?
It is not defined whether the Hulu P-DEV336 error code only occurs on the Hulu application or is it also common for the browser version of the streaming service.
It’s certain that P-DEV336 error can occur on any computer, Android, or iPhones (Apple) device so let’s learn more!
What Causes P-DEV336 Error On Hulu App?
- Corrupted application data.
- Outdated firmware version.
- A service outage with Hulu.
- Device connectivity issues.
What Causes P-DEV336 On a Hulu Browser?
- An outdated online browser version.
- Corrupted browser cache or Cookies.
- Incompatible browser for streaming.
- Outdated browser streaming player.
Are Hulu Service Outages Common?
The thing about Hulu service outages is they can happen regularly, but don’t usually last long.
In case of a Hulu service outage, neither the browser Hulu version will work, nor the mobile application so to identify, continue with the troubleshooting guide below!
How to Fix Hulu Error Code P-DEV336 In 7 Easy Steps?
Important: Try to determine what action within the Hulu platform or web version triggers the occurrence of the “P-DEV336” error code.
This will help you test for the error code efficiently after attempting the solutions below!
1. Check for a Service Outage
The “P-DEV336” error code is most often related to a Hulu service outage.
Before we attempt any of our impactful solutions, it’s best to determine whether the error is caused by a problem on your end, or there’s simply a service outage on Hulu’s end.
Since there is no established panel on Hulu’s official website that tracks service outages, it’s best to directly contact customer support at (888) 265-6550.
Moments after dialing the following number you will be connected with a customer support agent that will answer your question.
Tip: Another way to check for outages is to check the official Hulu Twitter or Hulu Facebook for any recent posts covering an outage for specified areas.
2. Reboot the Streaming Device
Assuming the P-DEV336 error code is a temporary issue, you should perform a software reboot on the streaming device.
In fact, there’s an even better way to reboot the streaming device by also unplugging it from the power supply if it’s a TV, TV box, or computer.
Follow these steps to ‘power cycle’ the streaming device:
- Navigate to the Power settings of the Hulu streaming device.
- Choose the “Power Off” option and wait until the device shuts down.
- Disconnect the power adapter of the device from the power source.
- Wait for 60 seconds while the streaming device is disconnected.
- Reconnect the power cable of the streaming device to an outlet.
Tip: Inspect all of the streaming device’s cable connections while the adapter is unplugged.
3. Clear Hulu App Cache/Browser Cache
As an installed application is used continuously, excess data files, called “app cache” pile up in the storage of the device.
The goal of this data is to optimize the device’s performance but in some rare cases, it does the opposite – slows the device’s operation and causes error codes!
The Hulu application also produces excess data files that can cause functionality problems with the platform as well as the P-DEV336 error code.
If streaming Hulu via a browser, make sure to also clear the Cache and Cookies of the browser to resolve the error code.
How to Clear Hulu App Cache?
- Access the settings of the streaming device that has Hulu installed.
- Navigate to the “Applications” section, locate Hulu, and tap it once.
- Scroll down and press the “Clear Cache & Data” button for Hulu.
How to Clear Browser Cache?
- The steps below explain how to clear Google Chrome’s cache!
- Launch the Chrome browser on your streaming device.
- At the top right, press on the “More” button and go to “More Tools”.
- Choose “All Time” and then select the “Clear Browsing Data” button.
How to Clear Browser Cookies?
- The steps below explain how to clear Google Chrome’s Cookies!
- Open Chrome and go to “More” > “More Tools”.
- Press on “Cookies and other side data” next.
- Choose “Cached images and files” and check all boxes.
- Press the “Clear Data” button at the bottom of the page.
Tip: We recommend using Google Chrome if you’re streaming Hulu through a browser!
4. Update the Hulu Platform
The error code may also occur if you’re attempting to use an outdated version of the Hulu app.
Keeping Hulu up-to-date is important as the latest version implements necessary hotfixes that eliminate existing issues with the platform that could be the culprit to the “P-DEV336” error.
How to Update Hulu On Android?
- Launch the Google Play Store and go to Profile Icon > Manage Installed Applications > “Hulu” > “Check for Updates” > “Update”.
How to Update Hulu On iOS?
- Open the App Store and go to Profile Icon > “Pending Updates” > “Hulu” > “Update” and wait for the process to conclude.
If updating the Hulu app didn’t help, let’s check if the problem is network-related!
5. Hard Reset the Network Device
In many cases, the “P-DEV336” error may have something to do with the internet connection of the streaming device or network router.
To resolve the temporal connectivity problem, we strongly suggest performing a hard reset on the network router.
Follow these instructions to hard reset the network router or modem:
- Locate the power button on the router.
- Press and hold the button for 10 seconds.
- Wait for the network device to shut down.
- Unplug the power cable of the device.
- Count to 60 while the cable is unplugged.
- Reconnect the power adapter of the device.
Note: Do not test Hulu before the “Internet” light on the router turns solid green!
6. Stream on a Different Device
To determine whether this problem is related to the streaming device or not, you should attempt to broadcast Hulu from an alternative source.
If you get the “P-DEV336” error code on your PC/laptop, attempt to stream Hulu through your mobile using the Hulu app there…
If you’re testing Hulu through a browser, make sure that you’re using Google Chrome and also verify that it is on the latest software version.
Attempting to stream Hulu through a browser that is not up-to-date could also result in the “P-DEV336” error code.
- Same Hulu Account On Multiple Devices?
A common misconception is that you cannot use the same Hulu account on multiple devices. The truth is that you can use the same Hulu account on as many devices as you want.
Note: Accessing the account simultaneously through multiple devices is not possible, if you’re not subscribed to a Hulu plan that offers multi-viewing.
7. Remove & Re-Add the Hulu Platform
If you’ve encountered the P-DEV336 error code within the Hulu platform, reinstalling the app is your best course of action.
Uninstalling Hulu entirely from the streaming device and then re-adding it from the content store cleanly will resolve any issues related to corrupted app data.
How to Reinstall Hulu On Android?
- Access the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Press on the profile icon at the top-right of the home page.
- Go to “Manage Installed Applications” and locate Hulu.
- Choose the application and select the “Uninstall” button.
- Once Hulu is removed, download the application again.
How to Uninstall Hulu On iOS?
- Access the Settings of your iPhone/iPad device.
- Scroll down and locate the Hulu application.
- Press on the app and choose “Uninstall”.
- Wait for the Hulu app to be completely removed.
- Download and install the Hulu app cleanly.
Tip: Activate “Automatic Firmware Update” for the Hulu app once it has been reinstalled.
Now you know how to fix Hulu error code P-DEV336. To resolve the problem quickly, unplug the streaming device for 60 seconds and clear the app cache of Hulu.
If you’re still encountering the same error code, perform a clean Hulu app reinstallation! Follow our blog for more up-to-date troubleshooting content!
Read Next: Hulu Network Error 503? – Quick Solutions