Are you looking to switch to a different Hulu plan or cancel your subscription? You may be interested in knowing how to cancel Hulu through Spotify.
This method can be particularly useful if you still have a Spotify Student account and need to cancel your bundled Hulu.
So, let’s dive in and explore the steps on how to cancel it.
To cancel your Hulu account, you need to access your Spotify account page. Navigate to the Account section, choose Your Services, and select Hulu from the list. Deactivate it from there, and you’re done.
The bundle is an excellent product, but you will come across a good reason to cancel it.
Why Do You Need to Cancel Hulu via Spotify
Hulu is a well-known streaming service that provides a variety of content, while Spotify is a platform for music.
You can subscribe to both services through the Spotify Premium for Students + Hulu bundle for a discounted price of $4.99 monthly.
While this may be a good deal, you might consider canceling your Hulu account for one of the following reasons.
- Upgrading to a better Hulu plan that’s not available with the Spotify bundle
- Add premium add-ons to your Hulu account, like HBO Max or Showtime
- Save on money since you’re not using both Spotify and Hulu
- You want to manage your accounts separately
- Sign up for the Disney Bundle with Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+
Full Steps on How to Cancel Hulu Through Spotify
The bundle allows you to enjoy access to Hulu and Showtime, together with Spotify.
Since it’s a student account, you can only renew it if eligible. You’re also only allowed up to four yearly renewals, so you’re not going to have it forever.
Your tastes can also change, especially with the availability of other bundles with Hulu.
When you want to cancel your Hulu that’s bundled with your Spotify, here are the steps that you need to follow.
Step #1: Log in to Your Spotify Account
Since your Hulu account is tied up to your Spotify, canceling it means that you need to do it through the music streaming platform.
All your accounts will be managed from there, and if you want more control of your Hulu account, you will need to split it off.
To successfully cancel your Hulu via Spotify, one of the first things you need to do is access your Spotify account.
Doing this on a web browser on a computer or laptop is ideal, as the app won’t have this type of account management feature.
Here’s how to access your Spotify account:
- Open a web browser on your computer or laptop.
- Enter Spotify.com on the address bar.
- Click on the Login button.
- Type your email and password associated with your account.
Note: Depending on how you signed up on Spotify, you can also log in via your Google, Facebook, or even Apple accounts.
Step #2: Access Your Spotify Account Page
After logging in to your Spotify account, you can access all the information you need. From here, you’ll be able to confirm that you’re currently on the Spotify Student plan.
You’ll also see your various profile settings and additional subscriptions like Hulu.
Most importantly, you can now manage your services and subscriptions through this page.
If you want to cancel your Hulu account, you’re going to need to navigate this page and find the menu that will allow you to do so.
Here’s how you can access your Spotify account page to cancel your Hulu account:
- Click on your profile icon at the top of your Spotify dashboard.
- Choose Account from the menu.
- Wait for your Account Page to load.
- Scroll down and reach the Your Service section.
Step #3: Choose the Services Linked with Your Spotify Account
Now that you’re on your Spotify account page, you’ll see the different services your account is linked to.
As a Spotify Student subscriber, you also have access to other services like Hulu, Showtime, and Headspace.
You should be able to see them all on this page and choose to activate or deactivate these services.
Here’s how you can select Hulu from the services list so you can cancel it:
- On the Account Page, find the list of your linked Services.
- Locate Hulu from the list.
- Click on the Manage Service link opposite Hulu.
- You will be directed to a page with details of your Hulu subscription.
Note: If you would like to cancel the other services like Showtime or Headspace, you can also follow these steps.
Step #4: Select Hulu and Deactivate It
Of course, there are several advantages to getting Hulu as part of your Spotify subscription. It’s much more affordable, and you’ll have access to their top-rated shows and content.
However, the downside is that you only get the ad-supported tier of Hulu. Now, there’s nothing wrong with that, but you won’t be able to upgrade it or get a different bundle that includes Hulu.
So, to successfully cancel your Hulu account, you will need to deactivate it. This is the next step that you’re going to take.
Here are the steps to deactivate Hulu:
- On the page that loads, click the Deactivate button next to Hulu.
- Wait for a pop-up window to appear.
- Confirm your desire to deactivate your Hulu subscription.
- Click on the Yes, Deactivate option.
- You will be directed to a page with a confirmation message.
Note: You will also receive an email that will confirm your decision to cancel your Hulu from your Spotify account.
Step #5: Confirm Your Choice to Deactivate Hulu
Now that you have deactivated Hulu and split it off from your Spotify account, you will want to verify that it’s disabled.
By deactivating Hulu, you’re not going to have access to it with your Spotify bundle. This means that if you log in to it using your Spotify email address and password, you won’t be able to access it.
However, you don’t need to worry, as your access to Spotify won’t be affected. You can still listen to your favorite music as a Spotify Student subscriber.
Here’s how to verify that your Hulu is successfully deactivated:
- Read the confirmation message sent to your email.
- Go to your Spotify account page.
- Check and make sure that Hulu is not listed under your Services.
- Log in to your Hulu account page to see if you’re still subscribed.
Note: If you deactivate in the middle of your billing cycle, you will still have access to Hulu until you reach the end.
Step #6: Canceling Your Spotify Account
Lastly, canceling your Hulu through Spotify can simply be a step to cancel your entire account. You can do that if you want to save a few bucks per month.
A few dollars of savings here and there can mean a lot for a student. Canceling your monthly subscriptions is one of the first things you should consider if you want to reduce your spending.
Here are the steps to cancel your Spotify Student account:
- Go to the Spotify website at Spotify.com.
- Log in to your account using your Spotify email and password.
- Head to your Spotify Accounts page.
- Follow the prompts to cancel your account.
- Wait for the confirmation email to land in your inbox.
Note: You will need to click on the cancellation link to confirm that you want to cancel your Spotify account.
You can now cancel your bundled Hulu account on your Spotify subscription.
If you need to know how you can uncouple your Hulu account, you can contact Spotify customer support for additional assistance.
You can now use your email and subscribe to Hulu separately.
Now that you know the entire steps on how to cancel Hulu through Spotify, you can unlink it from your Spotify Student bundle. It’s great that it saves you money, but you won’t be able to get the Disney+ and Hulu bundle that grants you access to a couple of more streaming platforms.
Read Next: Why is Spotify Downloaded Songs Not Playing?
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.