Vodafone Mobile data not working issue is not what users want.
Without data, the world of the Internet, social media, or search is totally out of your reach which you do not want.
Even a few minute’s drops of Internet can cause frustrations.
Vodafone UK provides excellent service, but it does not guarantee foolproof data connectivity all the time.
There may be issues that may cause you inconvenience sometimes.
But do not worry! If you are facing Vodafone mobile data connectivity issue, you can refer to this guide.
“By following the advice step by step, you can easily fix the issue within 10-15 minutes.
So, without any delay let’s start the troubleshooting guide.
Vodafone Data Not Working
Sometimes it may seem that you do not have any data connectivity. But it may happen that connectivity is there but slow.
Just look at your mobile screen right corner and check the connectivity symbol.
If the network is showing and the data, it means your data settings are fine and working but maybe slow.
If this happens, you need to contact Vodafone Support staff and explain the problem.
There may be some network outage in your area causing the slow speed.
However, if your phone is not showing connected to the Internet, there are some issues that you need to fix.
You can follow the undermentioned quick troubleshootings to get it fixed.
Major Reasons for Vodafone Data Not Working
Vodafone data not working issue can happen from time to time. But whenever it happens it is frustrating.
You will find your phone showing connected to the Internet but still, it does not seem to work for you.
Main Reasons for the Issue
Or chances may be that the internet is there but at a much slower speed.
But an in-depth analysis shows that the major reasons for non-working of the Internet in Vodafone enabled device are as follows:
- Incorrect Network Settings
- Secure Net Settings
- SIM Card inserted in the wrong slot
- Network Outage
- Incorrect APN settings
- Exhaust of plan limits
- Non-payment of bills
- Handset Issues
Well, no user can predict the exact reason and troubleshoot it. This is because the reason can be any or mix of many faults.
To help you out, we will now show you the detailed troubleshooting steps.
Vodafone Mobile Data Not Working on Android
If you are using an android phone and you are facing data connectivity issues, you can follow these troubleshooting steps.
We recommend you to follow the step one by one and not to skip any step in between.
In the end, we are sure you will fix your connectivity issue.
1. Restart the Device
It sounds simple, but most troubleshooting of tech items can be fixed by this basic method.
Switch off your device, wait for a few minutes. Then restart it again and check if the problem is fixed.
2. Switch Wifi & Mobile Data
You can switch between Wifi and mobile data. You can do this by using the steps below:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Proceed to ‘Wireless & Networks or Connections”
- “Turn off” your mobile data and “turn on” wifi
- Next “turn on” mobile data and “wifi off”
- Check if this works for you.
3. Check APN Settings
Next, you need to check if the APN settings are properly set or not. The APN settings for Vodafone UK is as follows:
- Name: Vodafone Internet
- Password: wap
- Username: wap
- APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk
- APN (for PAY G) – pp.vodafone.co.uk)
- MMS Port: 8799
- MMSC: http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
- Authentication type: PAP
- MMS Proxy: 22.214.171.124
- APN type: internet+mms
To enter these details, go to
Settings > Mobile Networks > Select SIM > Access Point Names> Add New APN.
Please note the settings may slightly differ from manufacturer to manufacturer but the process remains the same.
In some devices, you will find the option “Reset to default”.
You can use this option too to reset the APN settings back to Company default.
4. Select Network to Automatic
Next, go to your Android settings and proceed to “Mobile Networks” or “Preferred Network”.
In all cases select it to “Automatic”. This way your device will be connected to the preferred network automatically.
5. Turn on Mobile Data
Now, either restart the mobile or use the flight mode for a few minutes and turn it on.
Next turn on mobile data and your Internet should work fine on your Android.
Vodafone Data Not Working on iPhone
If you are facing issues on your iPhone or iPad, you can follow these steps for easy troubleshooting.
1. Check Network Coverage
First, make sure you in an area that has network coverage. Then do these steps:
- To activate or deactivate the Internet, go to “Settings”
- Proceed to “Mobile Network” or “Mobile Data”.
- For international usage, enable data for roaming
- (Settings> Mobile Network> Data Options>Data Roaming)
2. Update Network Settings
Now check settings if there is an update of network settings. To do so you can follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to WiFi or cellular network.
- Go to “Settings” followed by “General” and “Info”.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- If there is any “update available” it will show up
- Next just update it.
3. Reinsert the SIM
Next, open your SIM tray and reinsert the SIM.
However, if you need to change the SIM on a different device you may need to contact Vodafone.
4. Reset Network Settings
If none of these troubleshooting methods worked for you, you can reset your network settings.
To do so follow these steps.
- Go to “Settings” followed by “General”
- Tap on “Reset” and “Network Settings”
- Wait for a few seconds
- Your Network settings will be reset.
- Now restart the device and your issue must be solved.
5. Update your iPhone or iPad
If the issue is not resolved, you can check your Apple device for any latest update.
Go to update settings and download the latest update available for your device.
Vodafone Network Status Checker!
- The PS5 console unleashes new gaming possibilities...
- Experience lightning-fast loading with an...
- Lightning Speed - Harness the power of a custom...
- Stunning Games - marvel at incredible graphics and...
Vodafone mobile data not working on any device can be a matter of worry.
With a few basic technical know how you can fix the issue without contacting support staff.
You can follow the troubleshooting methods as given above and bring your mobile data back to working again.
- Best Location for Wireless Router Upstairs or Downstairs – Ultimate Guide - 24 April 2021
- Can You Cancel Sling TV at Any Time? - 22 April 2021
- How To Change Your Phone Number Sprint? - 2 April 2021
Amazon Links : Last update on 2021-05-11 / Price & Images from Amazon Product Advertising API. You will be redirected to Amazon website to complete the checkout process.