Wondering why Fios TV One remote volume not working? Well, we got you on this one!
The Fios remote is used to control the TV, and everything works great until the volume simply stops working out of the blue.
You’re not alone and this is a frequent issue with the Fios TV removal, and we know that popular problems have many working solutions available!
In case the volume on your Fios TV remote is not working, make sure that it is paired with the TV, and replace the batteries before drawing conclusions.
If you continue to experience the volume issue, you also need to troubleshoot the Fios TV as well.
Let’s first unwrap what’s causing the Fios remote volume to stop working!
Why is Fios Remote Volume Not Working?
Several factors can cause your Fios TV volume not to work properly whether it is related to battery, TV settings, Fios box, or the remote control.
So, let’s quickly go over some possible root causes that will help you in effectively troubleshooting your Fios TV remote volume.
Here are the possible factors that can cause volume issues with Fios remote:
- The TV is on mute or the volume is too low
- Dead or weak batteries in the Fios remote
- Loose wiring between the Fios box and TV
- Pairing remove issues and remote settings
- Large distance between the remote and the TV
- Wireless Interference between the two devices
Info: We can’t exclude the possibility of a faulty Fios remote control, but we can troubleshoot all surrounding factors in order to identify the true cause so keep reading!
How To Fix Fios TV One Mini Remote Volume Not Working?
To use all TV functions with a remote, ensure that your Fios remote model is compatible with your TV and is already paired with your TV device.
If you are sure that both devices are paired but the remote volume is still not working, try the troubleshooting solutions below.
1. Reduce the Proximity – Remote & TV!
The Fios TV one remote will be connected to the voice remote via Bluetooth, which means you have to use your remote within the specified Bluetooth range.
So, if you’re trying to use your Fios remote from a long distance, come closer to the TV and test the volume control.
- Use the Fios One remote within 30 feet of the TV!
Another possibility is that any obstacles or wireless devices within range of the remote and Fios TV may also disrupt the remote signals.
This will prevent the signal from returning to the pairing device so make sure to remove any other wireless devices near the Fios TV and remote!
2. Power Cycle the Fios TV & Remote!
Any problems or glitches with the Fios TV box may also prevent it from receiving remote signals.
So, another quick fix is to power cycle your TV, which will automatically clear all glitches and issues from the operating system, which provides a fresh start for the setup!
Here is how to power cycle the Fios TV and remote in easy steps:
- First, turn off the Fios set-top box.
- Unplug the TV from the power outlet.
- Take out the batteries from Fios remote.
- Wait for about 5 minutes with no power.
- Press all remote buttons for 2 seconds each.
- Reinsert the batteries back into the remote.
- Plug the TV into the power outlet and test.
Note: Ensure that your Fios TV is plugged into a working power source and in case the volume is still not working, plug the TV directly into a wall outlet.
3. Inspect the Fios TV Box Wiring!
The next step is to check the Fios TV connection because if the box is not properly connected to the television or the power outlet, it will not receive the remote signal.
It’s enough to simply look and inspect the coaxial cable connection to the Fios TV box.
Here is how to inspect the Fios TV box wiring connection:
- Unplug the TV box from the power outlet and from the TV
- Locate the coaxial cable from the back of the Fios TV box.
- Disconnect the cable from the wall outlet and TV box.
- Check the coaxial cable for cuts, or damaged connectors.
- Proceed accordingly:
✅ If the coaxial cable looks damaged, then replace it with a new one.
✅ If the coaxial cable is fine, then securely connect it back to the TV box.
Tip: While the Fios TV box is disconnected, check whether the power cable is intact!
4. Replace the Remote Batteries!
Maybe the batteries in your Fios remote are installed incorrectly or are weak and that’s why some functions of your remote are working and others are not.
When the batteries are weak some buttons might stop responding so it’s necessary to exclude this possibility asap!
Note: Make sure to use the 2 x AA fresh alkaline batteries for your Fios TV remote!
Here is how to replace the batteries in Fios remote:
- Open the battery cover from the back of the remote.
- Gently eject the old batteries from the compartment.
- Insert the fresh set of 2 x AA batteries the correct way.
- Align the positive and negative ends of the batteries.
- Slide the battery cover back onto the remote to click.
- Test whether the Fios remote volume is now working.
Tip: Go next to the Fios TV box and firmly press the volume buttons to test!
5. Tweak the Fios TV Box Settings!
If your Fios TV One remote volume not working after replacing the batteries, then it’s time to check the volume settings of the Fios TV box.
This will help us see if there is something incorrectly set up since there are quite a few different options that will impact the volume!
Here is how to check and tweak the Fios TV volume control settings:
- Turn on your TV and Fios TV box.
- Press the Menu button on the remote.
- Then go to the Fios TV Main Menu.
- Next, navigate to the TV Settings.
- Head over to Audio & Video settings.
- The next tab is the Audio option.
- Check the TV volume control settings.
- Volume control: Set the volume control to Fios TV One not to STB.
- Mute control: Make sure it is set to Fios TV One.
- Audio output: Set the audio output to Stereo or Surround Sound.
Note: Also, make sure that the volume of your TV is not Muted or set to Low Level.
6. Reset the Fios Remote Control
If you’ve tried every method in the guide and your Fios TV remote volume is still not working, resetting the remote settings is the best solution.
Although resetting the remote will delete its pairing with the TV, later in the guide you’ll discover a step-by-step, reset recovery tutorial.
Here is how to factory reset the Fios TV remote first:
Step #1 Reset The Fios TV Remote:
- Tap and hold the 0 and OK from Fios remote at the same time.
- Release both buttons when the LED on the remote blinks twice.
- Then press the 9 – 0 – 0 from the number pad on the remote.
- The LED on the remote will flash again and turn off automatically.
- When this happens, the Fios remote is reset to factory settings.
The next step is to pair your Fios remote with the Fios TV box to use its functions!
Step #2 Pair The Fios Remote To TV
- Press and hold the Play/Pause and O buttons on the remote simultaneously.
- When you see the flashing blue light on Fios remote, Release the buttons.
- Once the blue light stop flashing, indicates that the remote is paired and ready.
Note: In case the remote volume is still not working, then try the final solution!
7. Re-Configure Fios Remote Volume!
In case the volume or other Fios remote buttons are not working after the reset, there is a bit of configuration required.
Without further ado, follow the steps to set up the settings correctly!
- Navigate to the TV Menu screen.
- Go to TV Settings > Voice Control.
- Tap on the Fios TV Voice Remote.
- Press on the Program Voice Remote.
- Select the Automatic Setup option.
- Alternatively, go with a Manual Setup.
Note: If the setup is successful, you should see a “success” message on the screen!
If you continue to have the same volume issue, it is possible that your Fios remote control is defective and needs to be replaced.
Before doing the replacement, make sure to contact Verizon Support to get further support from their professionals.
If your Fios TV one remote volume not working, attempt from close proximity, and if this doesn’t work perform a power cycle on the entire Fios setup.
In case the remote cannot control the TV volume, replace the batteries, then reset and set up the remote to the TV. Visit our blog for more Fios guides!
Read Next: How Do I Cancel Fios TV and Keep Internet?
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.