Wondering why your devices not connecting to Orbi satellite? Well, keep reading!
Many users are experiencing connectivity issues with the Orbi satellite, which can connect to the WiFi router but not to the other devices.
If you are experiencing the same problem, continue reading and unwrapping the guide to be able to connect your devices to the Orbi satellite easily!
Usually, the Orbi satellite won’t connect to the devices when the satellite is having firmware bugs or the firmware is too outdated.
However, by restarting and checking all of your devices, you can quickly resolve the problem.
First, let’s learn more about the Orbi satellite issue…
Why are Devices Not Connecting To Orbi Satellite?
Several factors can cause and prevent the Orbi satellite from connecting to devices, even when it is connected to the WiFi router.
Therefore, it’s crucial to get proper knowledge of the potential causes to effectively troubleshoot the issue.
Here’s why devices are unable to connect to the Orbi satellite:
- Strong Wi-Fi signal interference/impact
- Bad initial installation or incomplete setup
- Outdated Orbi satellite OS firmware version
- Network glitches or system bugs on devices
- Large distance between router and satellite
- Different network configurations on devices
- Power supply issues with the Orbi satellite
Now that we have enough idea of causes, so without further delay, let’s troubleshoot the Orbi satellite and devices!
How To Fix When Devices Not Connecting To Orbi Satellite?
Tip: Follow the steps and instructions in consecutive order!
1. Reboot The Orbi Satellite
Orbi satellites typically experience network and software issues that eventually prevent them from connecting to other devices.
Fortunately, restarting your Orbi satellite extender will quickly fix the problem by resetting the device’s memory and resolving various networking issues.
Here is how to reboot the Orbi satellite in simple steps:
- Locate the Orbi satellite power cord.
- Unplug the device from the power outlet.
- Wait for at least 10 seconds for a discharge.
- Then plug the power cord back into the outlet.
- Wait until the Orbi satellite powers on completely.
Tip: It’s extremely important to test by connecting the Orbi satellite directly to the wall outlet!
2. Power Cycle Router & Devices!
If after rebooting your Orbi satellite your devices are still not connecting, try rebooting your WiFi router and your devices to refresh their systems.
Perhaps the issue is not on your Orbi satellite’s side, instead, your Orbi WiFi router is experiencing issues with the internet connection.
Here is how to reboot the WiFi router and your devices:
How to Reboot WiFi Router?
- Unplug the WiFi router from the power outlet.
- Wait for about 2 minutes for a power circulation.
- Plug the WiFi router back into the power outlet.
How to Reboot Any Device?
✅ For Mobiles/ Tablets/ Laptops: Press the Power Button to turn off the device > Wait for about 2 minutes > Again press the Power Button to turn on the device.
✅ For Smart TVs: Unplug the device from the power outlet > Wait for about 5 minutes > plug your device back into the power outlet.
In case you’re still unable to connect to the Orbi satellite, continue with the next step!
3. Inspect for Wireless Interference!
Most of the time the other Wi-Fi network’s signal interferes between the Orbi satellite and devices which disrupt all of their communication.
In cashew, that’s why Orbi devices not connecting to satellite extender, all you need to do is check for any wireless interference.
Following are the wireless devices you need to check for:
- Other WiFi Networks
- Bluetooth Devices
- WiFi Extenders
- Microwave Oven
- Cordless Phones
- Remote Control Toys
Info: If you find any of these devices near the Orbi WiFi router or the Orbi satellite extender, it’s recommended to temporarily turn them off or relocate them!
4. Close the Distance Proximity!
A stable and good network connection is essential for connecting your devices to the Orbi satellite extender.
In case you’ve connected the extender into a dead zone corner of your home, perhaps the extender is not receiving a good connection and that’s why devices can’t connect.
There are 3 general things that you can do to optimize the connection:
- Move the Orbi Satellite closer to the Orbit Router
- Move the Orbi Router closer to the Orbi Sattelite
- Try to connect with your phone, next to the satellite.
While connecting your devices to the Orbi satellite, make sure to move closer and see whether your device switches from router to satellite or not.
Also, be sure that there are no physical or wireless obstructions between devices, and test by having a clear line of sight!
5. Test Network on Other Devices!
The connection devices will automatically hop to the Orbi satellite’s WiFi when they are closer than they are to the Orbi router.
In case your device does not automatically switch from the router’s WiFi to the extender’s WiFi, it’s probably because the router WiFi signal is stronger.
Devices will not automatically connect to the extender when using a different WiFi or mobile data instead of the Orbi router’s WiFi.
Here is how to check for the network on all devices:
Method #1 Use the Orbi App
- Open the Orbi application on your phone.
- Tap on the Devices tab from the bottom.
- Check the list of all devices on the Orbi network.
- The devices are labeled – Offline or Not Connected.
Method #2 Use an Online Browser
- Connect a PC or laptop to the Orbi router.
- Open a web (online) browser on your PC.
- Enter the 192.168.1.1 Orbi IP address in the search bar.
- Log in to the system using your username and password.
- Tap on the Attached Devices to see the list of connections.
- You can see the devices – Offline or Not Connected.
Tip: In case the devices are not connected, restart your WiFi router and test again!
6. Reset Network & Connect Again
If your devices still do not connect to the Orbi satellite after trying the above methods, then it’s best to perform a network reset and start fresh.
- On Android go to System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset Network Settings
- On iOS go to General > Reset or Transfer iPhone > Reset Network Settings!
Here is how to disconnect the devices from WiFi:
- Open the Settings on your mobile device.
- Then go into the “WiFi” or “Wireless” tab.
- Select the Orbi Satellite extended WiFi.
- Insert the password in order to connect.
Info: After resetting your device network, move closer to the Orbi satellite to see whether the device will hop from the router’s WiFi to the satellite’s WiFi automatically.
7. Update Orbi Satellite’s Firmware
It’s important to verify that the Orbi device’s firmware is up to date because maybe very old system files are the culprit and actively prevent other devices from connecting.
The solution is to simply look for the most recent firmware upgrade to update the software of your Orbi device.
Here is how to update the Orbi satellite firmware:
- Ensure that your mobile is connected to the Orbi router’s WiFi network.
- The next step is to open the Orbi app on the mobile device to proceed.
- Enter your Orbi router’s admin credentials to log in to the Orbi system.
- Then tap on the Menu from the top left corner and go to the Settings menu.
- Next, tap on the Router Settings and scroll down from the current screen.
- Then tap on the Check for Updates and press Update Firmware (if there).
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the Orbi satellite update.
Note: If there is no update button available, then your Orbi satellite is already up to date!
8. Force-Connect to Orbi Satellite!
If after trying every method from this guide your devices are still not connecting to the Orbi satellite, then we have to test force connecting devices to the Orbi satellite.
Don’t worry, this is very simple, easy to do, and won’t harm any of your devices or settings.
Here is how to force connect the devices to the Orbi satellite:
- Connect a computer to the Orbi WiFi router.
- Entering 18.104.22.168 in the device address bar.
- Go to the Orbi router’s web page and log in.
- Go to the Satellite tab and select Orbi satellite.
- Navigate to the Device tab and tap on your device.
- The next step is to tap on the device’s Settings.
- Finally select, Use this Satellite or Force Connect box.
Tip: In case the problem is persistent and nothing helps, simply contact the Netgear Support team for the best possible assistance.
Whenever your devices not connecting to Orbi satellite, reboot the Orbi satellite, WiFi router, and your connection devices.
Also, check for wireless interference, move the satellite closer to the router, and update the Orbi satellite’s firmware version!
Keep visiting us for helpful troubleshooting guides!
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues. Check out more about him here.