“I already have a device I love, but I want to get Cricket service. Can I use a Boost mobile phone on Cricket?”
Many users are asking if they can bring their own devices. If you are also looking for answers, we got you!
You should have no problems using your Boost phone on Cricket. There are a lot of people who have already made the switch to Cricket with their 12.4 million subscribers.
So, the answer to your question is YES. You can use Boost mobile on Cricket if you follow the steps below.
First, make sure everything’s ready. You should have your phone’s IMEI number and a compatible, unlocked Boost mobile phone. Then, get your Cricket SIM and insert it into your device. Activate the SIM and configure your phone’s network settings.
We’ll explain the steps further in the section below. But first, here’s an overview of what you need to consider when using the Boost phone on Cricket.
What to Consider When Using My Boost Phone on Cricket
Now that you know the answer to the question: Can I use a Boost mobile phone on Cricket, you can switch carriers and still use the device you love.
The best thing is you won’t go without service during the process.
✅ Keep Your Number
You can choose between keeping your current phone number or getting a new one.
When you order a new Cricket service, you will be presented with a Bring My Number option at checkout.
✅ Phone Compatibility
Cricket allows you to bring your own device as long as it is compatible with the network. To check your phone’s compatibility, you will need an IMEI number.
✅ Phone’s Unlock Status
You also need an unlocked device to use the Cricket service. Check its unlock status by slipping your Boost SIM card and putting in one from Cricket.
✅ Phone Settings
You may need to update your phone’s network settings to get your data, picture messaging, and video calling working. The process varies according to your device’s operating system.
Switching to Cricket is easy! You can do it all online. Let us show you how to do it.
Is Boost Mobile Phones Compatible With Cricket
Cricket has a strong multi-line value, so it’s no wonder you want to transfer your service. But the question is: Is Boost mobile phones compatible with Cricket?
Well, yes! Both phones can use almost any GSM unlocked device. If you already have a Boost device, it should work on Cricket.
Below is a step-by-step guide on switching from Boost to Cricket without ditching your favorite mobile device.
1. Know Your Phone’s IMEI Number
If you’re looking to use your Boost Mobile phone on your Cricket Wireless account, you should have no issues with it.
However, before you do anything, it’s wise to get your phone’s IMEI number and save it.
There are instances when you want to check your phone’s compatibility or verify its unlock status.
Having your phone’s IMEI will come in handy as you slowly transition your device from using Boost to Cricket.
Here’s how to get your phone’s IMEI number:
- Open your phone’s Settings.
- Go to General.
- Select About.
- Scroll down and find the IMEI number.
- Copy and save it.
- Go to the Settings app on your phone.
- Select About phone.
- Scroll down and find IMEI.
- Copy and save the number.
Pro Tip: Another way to find your device’s IMEI number is to dial *#06#, and it will pop out of your screen.
2. Check Your Boost Phone’s Compatibility With Cricket
Now that you have your IMEI number saved, it’s time to check your Boost phone’s compatibility with Cricket Wireless.
For the most part, you should have no issues regarding network compatibility, as Boost runs on T-Mobile and AT&T. Cricket Wireless, on the other hand, use AT&T’s towers.
However, to be sure, you can verify your phone’s compatibility with Cricket’s network quickly through the checker tool on their website.
Here’s how to check your Boost phone’s compatibility with Cricket:
- Go to the Cricket Wireless website at cricketwireless.com.
- On the Main Menu, go to Shop, then click Bring Your Phone.
- Scroll down to the Check your device’s compatibility section.
- Enter your 15-digit IMEI number.
- Click on the Check button.
Note: Do not include dashes or spaces when entering your IMEI number.
3. Verifying Your Phone’s Unlock Status with Boost
After confirming that you can use your Boost phone on Cricket Wireless, you will need to check if it’s unlocked or not.
If you got your phone with your Boost plan, there’s a good chance it’s locked. However, you can easily unlock it if you meet certain requirements.
What are the requirements to get my phone unlocked with Boost Mobile:
- You need to have an active account on Boost Mobile.
- Your phone needs to be associated with your Boost account.
- You need to have no outstanding balances.
- Your phone needs to be active for at least 6 months.
- You have paid all your bills on time.
How to get your Boost phone unlocked if you’ve met all the requirements:
- Contact Boost Mobile’s customer service at 833-502-6678.
- Provide your phone’s IMEI number and request its unlock status.
- Wait for them to verify your account.
- If your phone is locked, they will let you know how to unlock it.
Note: Once your phone is eligible to be unlocked, they will give you an unlock code which you can use when you insert your Cricket Wireless SIM.
4. Get Your Cricket Wireless SIM Card
After getting the green light on your phone’s compatibility and unlock status, you can now get your Cricket Wireless SIM card.
After all, if you want to move to a different carrier, you will need their SIM to connect to their network.
Here are the different ways you can get your Cricket Wireless SIM:
- Visit the Cricket Wireless website and order a SIM from there.
- Go to your nearest Cricket Wireless retail store.
- Get from retailers such as Amazon, Best Buy, or Walmart.
- After receiving your SIM, insert it into your phone and activate it.
Note: Get the correct size SIM so you can insert it into your phone.
5. Activate Your Cricket SIM on Your Boost Phone
After getting your SIM and inserting it into your phone, it’s now time to activate it.
Of course, you’re going to have to take out your Boost SIM and replace it with one from Cricket.
Now that you’re using the Cricket SIM, you’ll also need to enter your unlock code so your Boost phone will accept it.
Another part of activating your SIM is if you want to keep your Boost number and move it over to Cricket.
If you decide to do that, all you need to do is follow these steps so you can port your number to Cricket while activating your SIM.
Here’s how to activate your Cricket SIM:
- Insert the Cricket SIM card into your phone.
- Type your Boost phone unlock code when prompted.
- Go to the Cricket Wireless activation page at cricketwireless.com/activate.
- Select Transfer my number and service from another company.
- Enter your Boost account details.
6. Configure Your Phone’s Network Settings
At this point, you’re not quite there yet. Since you’re using a phone connected to a different carrier, you will need to update its network settings.
You need to set it up so it connects to Cricket Wireless, allowing you to acquire a signal and get mobile data for the internet.
Here’s how to configure your phone’s carrier settings:
- Go to your phone’s Settings.
- Select General.
- Choose About.
- Scroll down to Carrier and choose Cricket Wireless.
- Install the update.
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to More, then Mobile Networks.
- Choose Carrier Settings.
- Select Update Profile.
- Name: Cricket
- APN: ndo
- Username: Not set
- Password: Not set
- MMSC: http://mmsc.aiowireless.net
- MMS proxy: proxy.aiowireless.net
- MMS port: 80
- MCC: 310
- MNC: 150
- Authentication type: Not set
- APN type: default,mms,supl
Note: If you need to change your phone’s APN settings manually, you can do it by going to Network and Internet, Mobile Networks, then Access Point Names.
These should answer your questions about whether you can use your Boost Mobile phone on Cricket Wireless.
Deciding to move to carriers to Cricket is the easy part. It does take some work to get everything working once you start going through the motions.
If you run into any issues, you can always contact Boost and Cricket’s customer support.
Can I use a Boost Mobile phone on Cricket? Yes, absolutely! As long as you have the latest phone models, you should have no problems switching between carriers.
Compatibility is not going to be much of an issue, but you’ll need to double-check your phone’s unlock status.
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues.