If you’re asking “Can I switch from SafeLink to Assurance Wireless?” maybe you received poor customer service or you simply want to upgrade a smartphone.
Whatever the reason you want to make the switch, we can help you!
Moving from Safelink to Assurance is a quick and easy process. As long as you’re eligible for their free minutes and data benefits, you can move from one carrier to another.
So, how can you switch from SafeLink to Assurance Wireless? Let’s find out.
To make the move, first, check your phone’s compatibility with Assurance Wireless and make sure it is unlocked. Take the SIM out of the phone, then insert the Assurance Wireless SIM. Finally, activate your phone to enjoy the services provided by your new carrier.
Before we discuss the steps in detail, here are some things you need to consider when switching from SafeLink to Assurance Wireless.
Things to Consider When Switching from Safelink to Assurance
To answer your question: Can I switch from SafeLink to Assurance Wireless?
Absolutely! If you are enjoying the program of SafeLink, you can get those from Assurance Wireless as well. However, you can’t get them both at the same time.
✅ Phone Compatibility
You must have a compatible phone to participate in the Assurance Wireless plan.
Assurance Wireless uses T-Mobile GSM technology, so any phone supporting the GSM network works with the company’s network.
✅ Phone Needs to Be Unlocked
Your phone needs to be unlocked as well. Some phones may contain software that prevents them from working on other mobile networks, even when they are technologically compatible.
✅ Transfer Your Program
Switching free government cellphone companies is easy. And, if you are approved, you can even choose to keep your current phone number.
✅ Move Providers Anytime
Assurance Wireless will need documents to process the switch, but you can transfer anytime.
There may be a break in your phone services during the switch. Now, let’s proceed to the exact steps.
Exact Steps How to Switch From Safelink to Assurance Wireless
Before you transfer programs from SafeLink to Assurance Wireless, make sure you provide all the needed information accurately.
Also, have available proof that you are eligible to receive the free government program.
If you decide to switch carriers, you are required to follow the steps below.
1. Check Your Phone’s Compatibility with Assurance Wireless
If you want to switch to Assurance Wireless from a different provider with Lifeline benefits like Safelink, you want to make sure that your phone can work on the new network.
- Unlike other providers, Assurance Wireless does not have a compatibility checker on their website.
However, since they use the T-Mobile network, you can quickly hop on to their website and check your phone there.
Device compatibility is a big factor when it comes to using your phone on the Assurance Wireless network.
Here’s how to check your phone’s compatibility with Assurance Wireless:
- Go to the T-Mobile website at t-mobile.com.
- Navigate to the Phones and Devices menu item.
- Click on the Bring Your Own Phone link.
- Dial *#06# on your phone to get its IMEI number.
- Enter the number in the box and press Check Phone.
Note: If your phone is compatible with the T-Mobile network, you will be able to use it on Assurance Wireless.
2. Unlock Your Phone to Switch to Assurance Wireless
Even with providers like Safelink and Assurance Wireless which provides Lifeline and ACP benefits, there are instances when your phone can still be locked.
Although you can easily unlock them so you can move to another program, there are a few things you need to remember so you can move to a different carrier.
- An advantage of getting your phone unlocked is that you won’t need to get a new phone with your other carrier.
They will have phones that are free, but using a familiar one does make a difference.
Here’s how to know if you need to unlock your phone:
- Go to your phone’s Settings.
- Select Cellular, then Cellular Data.
- Choose Network Operators, then tap on Search Now.
- Check if your phone can detect different networks.
Tip: If your phone can’t see the other networks, contact Safelink’s customer support and ask for them to unlock your phone. You will need your IMEI number from Step #1.
3. How to Transfer Your Lifetime Benefit
Lifeline benefits are usually non-transferable, which means that you won’t be able to move it to someone else’s name.
However, you can move providers like if you want to switch from Safelink to Assurance Wireless.
As long as you’re happy with the decision, you can move it after 12 months for internet data and 60 days for phone service.
Here’s how to transfer your lifetime benefit to Assurance Wireless:
- Contact Assurance Wireless at 1-888-321-5880.
- Talk to a representative and ask for your benefit to be moved from Safelink.
- Provide information such as your Name, Birthday, and Address.
- They will ask for the last four digits of your Social Security Number.
- Give them your verbal permission to transfer your benefit.
Note: Before moving providers, make sure you have fully understood their services, coverage, and other features they offer.
4. Take Your Safelink SIM from the Phone
Now that you have set up everything you need to transfer carriers from Safelink to Assurance Wireless, you can now change out the SIM on your phone.
As long as you have confirmed that your phone is compatible with Assurance and it’s unlocked, you can start using it right away.
- The challenge here is that you’ll need to take your Safelink SIM from the phone!
You will have no problem with newer smartphones as you can eject the SIM tray and simply remove the SIM card.
However, on older phone models, you will need to take the phone apart.
Here’s how to remove your old Safelink SIM from your phone:
✅ For phones with removable covers:
- Turn off your mobile phone.
- Locate the lift tabs on the edge of your phone’s back cover.
- Remove the back cover.
- Remove the battery from its compartment.
- Slide the SIM card out of the tray.
✅ For phones without a back cover:
- Switch off your phone.
- Locate the SIM tray on the edge of your phone.
- Using a SIM eject tool, insert it into the hole.
- Slide the tray out and remove the SIM card.
5. Getting Your Assurance Wireless SIM
Since you’re an approved user of Safelink, you will not have any issues in applying for Assurance Wireless.
You will be able to meet the criteria and eventually get your Assurance SIM that you can use.
Before they will send your SIM, they will check if you’re eligible.
Here are the steps to find out if you’re eligible to get an Assurance Wireless account:
- Go to the Assurance Wireless website.
- Enter the State that you live in.
- Download the application form and fill out the fields.
- Enter your personal details, especially your home address.
- Wait for your status to be approved and they will send you a SIM.
Note: After you get your Assurance SIM card, you can insert it into your phone and start using it.
6. Activate Your Assurance Wireless
Using your Assurance Wireless SIM is not as simple as turning on your phone and start dialing a number or connecting to the internet.
You will still need to activate it. The good news is that the activation process is mostly hands-free.
There’s not a lot of entering information but it can take a while.
Here’s how to activate your Assurance Wireless account:
- Turn your device with the Assurance SIM On.
- The hands-free activation process will start.
- Wait for the device to update the PRL or Preferred Roaming List.
- Once it’s complete, press OK.
Note: If your phone detects that it needs to update its firmware, follow the instructions to get the latest version.
These are everything you need to know if you want to switch from Safelink to Assurance Wireless.
The most important bit here is that you will need to process the transfer of your Lifeline or ACP benefits so you can continue to enjoy it after moving carriers.
Can I switch from Safelink to Assurance Wireless? Absolutely.
These two providers will provide you with a similar level of service and benefits, especially if you’re eligible for the Lifeline or ACP program.
If you run into any issues during the transfer process, you can always contact Safelink or Assurance for assistance.
Read Next: Why Is My SafeLink Phone Not Making Calls?
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues.