Is your Assurance Wireless hotspot not working? When traveling or working on the go, it’s not an ideal situation when your mobile hotspot stops responding.
In this guide, delve into this topic and provide you with valuable insights, including the step-by-step process on how to resolve this issue.
This is how you do it!
To fix your Assurance Wireless hotspot not working, you will need to toggle Airplane Mode on, then off, to refresh your phone’s connections.
You can also look at changing the connection settings of your hotspot, like the frequency band and DNS Settings. There are many other ways to fix a hotspot that isn’t working.
Before we give you a checklist of things to do, here are the top reasons for Assurance Wireless hotspot issues.
Why Is My Assurance Wireless Mobile Hotspot Not Working
Assurance Wireless mobile hotspot isn’t working due to several reasons.
It could be that your phone has no hotspot capability, or you forgot to turn on the feature in the settings. A bad signal is also another thing to blame.
Here are other reasons we see the most:
- Battery optimization prevents other connections on your device
- Your VPN is disrupting your phone’s connection to Assurance Wireless
- You’re using DNS settings that are not recognized by Assurance Wireless
- Temporary connectivity issues that are messing up your hotspot
- You have run out of mobile hotspot data for your account
Now that you know the reasons why this happens, let’s try to fix the issue without wasting hours of your time.
In-Depth Guide for Assurance Wireless Hotspot Not Working
Sometimes, you encounter Assurance Wireless hotspot not working due to connectivity issues brought about by network outages, power failures, or natural calamities.
Before you turn the dial up, make sure the Airplane mode on the phone you are using as a hotspot is off.
- Open Quick Settings or Control Center to access Airplane Mode.
- Tap the icon to turn on Airplane Mode.
- Wait for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Tap the icon again to turn off Airplane Mode.
Also, try refreshing your hotspot’s mobile data connection.
Disable the hotspot first and then turn off Mobile data. Wait for 5 minutes, then turn on Mobile Data and enable hotspot.
If these don’t work, troubleshoot your device with the following methods.
Solution #1: Deactivate Power Saver Mode on Your Hotspot Device
Power Saver Mode can sometimes interfere with your phone’s hotspot.
It can either slightly lower the Internet speeds for devices connected to the hotspot or stop it from working entirely.
We suggest you turn off Power Saver Mode after restarting your device.
Here’s how to deactivate your phone’s battery optimization features:
- Open the Settings menu of your phone.
- Go to Battery.
- Select Low Power Mode.
- Toggle the switch to disable it.
- Go to the Settings menu of your device.
- Navigate to the Battery and Device Care option.
- Choose Battery.
- Tap on Power Saving to turn it off.
Note: You can also deactivate power saver on your device’s Control Center or Quick Settings.
Solution #2: Set Your Hotspot to Broadcast in the 2.4G Band
With your phone’s Power Saving or Low Power mode disabled, your hotspot can operate continuously without disconnecting.
However, if it still causes your other devices to disconnect, you want to look at your WiFi band configuration.
There are the 2.4 and 5G frequency bands, each with its advantages. 2.4G is the safer choice for most connections as most devices can connect to it easily.
Here are the steps on how to set your hotspot to 2.4G:
- Go to the Settings app on your phone.
- Tap on the Personal Hotspot option.
- Select Maximize Compatibility.
- Choose the 2.4GHz option.
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Go to Network and Internet or Connections.
- Tap on Hotspot and Tethering.
- Select WiFi Hotspot and Set up hotspot.
- Choose the 2.4 GHz band.
Solution #3: Set the DNS Settings of Your Hotspot to Manual
DNS errors are a common reason you can have difficulty connecting to mobile data.
If you’re using an Assurance Wireless hotspot and it’s not working, it also means that your device cannot connect to the internet.
The quickest way to get your hotspot connected again is to resolve the existing DNS issues.
Now, Assurance Wireless will have its own set of DNS settings, but you’re going to want to bypass that so you don’t have to deal with their problems.
Here’s how to manually set the DNS settings of your Assurance hotspot:
- Open your phone’s Settings on your device.
- Tap on WiFi.
- Choose your network from the list.
- Scroll down to the DNS section and select Configure DNS.
- Set it to Manual and enter your preferred DNS servers.
- Go to the Settings app on your device.
- Select the Personal Hotspot menu.
- Tap on WiFi password and type in the password for your hotspot.
- Select Advanced.
- Choose Configure DNS and change it to Manual.
Note: You can use this third-party DNS server. Primary: 18.104.22.168 and Secondary: 22.214.171.124.
Solution #4: Disable Your VPN Connection If You’re Using One
VPNs are great when it comes to security and privacy. However, from a connections standpoint, they can also be troublesome as they can cause inconsistencies.
If you’re using a hotspot, it’s important that you don’t mix it up when you suddenly switch on your VPN while everyone is connected to your phone.
Generally, every time you change connection types, you’ll want to start it from scratch. What we mean by that is that you will need to turn off your hotspot before connecting to your VPN.
Turning your VPN on or off while your hotspot is activated can disrupt the connection and cause it to stop working.
Here’s how to use your hotspot if you’re using a VPN:
- Open your VPN app and disconnect your connection.
- After your VPN is disconnected, you will need to disable your WiFi hotspot.
- Activate Airplane Mode, then deactivate it to refresh your connections.
- Relaunch the VPN app and connect to the server of your choice.
- Once your VPN is connected, turn on your WiFi hotspot.
VPN: If you’re looking for a VPN that’s fast, reliable, and works well with hotspots, check out Atlas VPN.
They’re versatile and can support streaming even if you use your phone as a hotspot.
Solution #5: Reset Your Hotspot Phone’s Network Settings
If your hotspot device is not working properly and broadcasting its internet, consider resetting its network settings.
Doing this can help fix network issues caused by minor bugs and glitches.
It will refresh your device’s network settings removing saved connections that can get problematic.
Here’s how to reset your hotspots network settings:
- Go to the Settings app of your phone.
- Tap on the General option.
- Scroll down and choose the Reset menu.
- Select Reset Network Settings.
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Select System or General Management.
- Scroll down and select Reset Options.
- Tap on Reset WiFi, Mobile, and Bluetooth.
- Select Reset Network Settings.
Solution #6: Get Additional Hotspot Data through Your Account
Finally, one of the most overlooked reasons your Assurance Wireless hotspot stops working is your plan not having enough data.
Assurance Wireless plans come with dedicated hotspot data where the allocation is not a lot. Some plans can only go as high as 2.5GB, and that’s not enough if you’re sharing your internet.
You can purchase additional data by getting a Monthly Data Pack to get your hotspot to work. Once you’ve replenished your data allocation, you can start using your hotspot and get others to connect to it.
Here’s how to get additional hotspot data on Assurance Wireless:
- Go to the Assurance Wireless website at assurancewireless.com.
- Navigate to the About Your Account section.
- Select the How can I add more data option.
- Click on the link that allows you to purchase more data.
- Choose a data pack you want to get.
Note: You can also get additional data by calling Assurance Wireless customer care at 1-888-321-5880.
At this point, if you still can’t use your Assurance hotspot, consider updating the software of the device you’re using.
You could be using an outdated version where there are incompatibilities with its hotspot feature.
You can also contact Assurance Wireless customer support for technical assistance.
Now that you know the causes and solutions to Assurance Wireless hotspot not working, you can take the necessary steps to fix it. It can seem daunting, but since you’re only exploring your phone’s settings, it won’t take you more than 30 minutes to figure it out.
Read Next: How to Unlock Assurance Wireless SIM Card?