When your Apple Watch won’t connect to cellular Verizon, it is common to assume that the problem is on Verizon’s end.
However, misconfiguring important settings on your iPhone and not performing the setup correctly, could also cause your Apple Watch’s cellular setup to fail!
If your Apple Watch doesn’t connect with Verizon’s cellular network, the first thing to check is whether the watch is connected via Bluetooth or not.
Next, verify that you’re adding the watch correctly and that the network settings of your iPhone are correct.
Let’s learn more about the problem between your Apple Watch and Verizon!
7 Reasons Why Apple Watch Won’t Connect to Verizon Cellular?
- There’s a Bluetooth issue with your iOS device
- Your iPhone/Apple Watch is on an outdated version
- Your iPhone is not connected to Verizon’s network
- There’s a temporal issue with your Apple Watch
- You have unpaid subscription fees toward Verizon
- The Verizon carrier settings on your iPhone are incorrect
- There’s an issue with the network settings of the iPhone
To verify that you’re adding the Apple Watch correctly, let’s try the setup again!
How to Connect Apple Watch to Verizon Cellular?
Pairing your Apple Watch with any carrier has a different setup walkthrough. With Verizon, all you have to do is complete the setup through the My Verizon app that should be installed on your iPhone before we begin.
Follow these steps to connect your Apple Watch to Verizon Cellular:
- Launch the “Watch” app on your iOS device.
- Press on “Add New Watch” and follow the steps.
- In the “Cellular Setup Page”, press “Set Up Cellular”.
- Download the My Verizon app once prompted.
- Enter your login credentials in the Verizon app (press “I Need to Register” to register)
- Press “Continue” in the Verizon app to proceed.
- If prompted, press “Set up Wi-Fi Calling” and follow the steps.
- Insert your 911 address on the next page of the setup.
- Press “Continue” under the “Cellular Is Ready” message.
Notice: If adding a new Apple Watch, press “Replace Existing Device - Apple Watch®” and follow the instructions to add a new Apple Watch.
Apple Watch Won’t Connect to Cellular Verizon – Easy Fix!
Tip: Rebooting your Apple Watch may also help if the cellular setup fails!
1. Connect the Apple Watch via Bluetooth
Throughout the entire Apple Watch setup, the device must be connected via Bluetooth to your iPhone.
That said, not keeping your Apple Watch close to the iPhone enough or setting the “Bluetooth” feature of your iPhone to off, will cause the Apple Watch to unpair.
Note: Once you’ve set up the Apple Watch with your iPhone, there should be an existing connection in the Bluetooth settings with your name and the Apple Watch.
How to Connect Apple Watch via Bluetooth?
To connect your Apple Watch to Bluetooth, make sure that the device is turned on!
- Launch the settings of your iPhone.
- Go to the “Bluetooth” tab.
- Press on “[Your Name]’s Apple Watch”.
- Wait for the status to change to “Connected”.
Alert: Keep the Apple Watch close to your iPhone throughout the entire cellular setup!
2. Restart the “Mobile Data” Feature
If your iPhone has trouble connecting to the cellular network of Verizon, so will your Apple Watch.
A quick and easy solution to the connectivity issues of your Apple Watch is to restart the “Mobile Data” feature from the settings of your iPhone and then attempt to reconnect the watch.
You can restart the mobile data feature in two ways:
✅ From the quick menu (swipe down from the top of your iPhone and press the cellular icon once to turn off the feature).
✅ From Settings (launch Settings and go to Cellular > Mobile Data and press the slider once to deactivate the settings. Turn it on after 20-30 seconds).
Tip: If you’re still having issues with connecting your iPhone to cellular, reinsert the SIM card and your iPhone should automatically reconnect to Verizon!
3. Check your Verizon Subscription
Apple Watch will not connect to your iPhone’s Verizon carrier mainly because you have unpaid fees towards the carrier.
It is essential to add the Apple Watch to the cellular network only while the subscription is active, or Verizon will not allow the setup.
- You can manage, check and adjust your subscription in the My Verizon app!
Verizon Subscription Payment Failed?
If you’re on monthly renewal with Verizon and your payment didn’t go through, there are a couple of things to check.
Verify that your bank account has enough funds for the subscription and check if the payment info is correct.
Note: If your subscription is outdated, there should be a “Reconnect Now” button, both in the browser and platform version of the My Verizon service.
4. Renew the Verizon Carrier Settings
If your Apple Watch keeps failing to connect with Verizon, it is probably due to outdated carrier settings on your iPhone.
Verizon often releases a carrier update that must be applied in order to keep track of the latest network benefits, hotfixes, and necessary functionality updates!
Here’s how to renew the Verizon carrier settings of your iPhone:
- Ensure that your iPhone is connected to cellular or WiFi.
- Launch the Settings application on the iOS device.
- Head into the “General” tab and press “About”.
- If there’s an active update, follow the instructions.
Alert: Only if a carrier update is active, you will receive instructions from the “About” tab to apply the latest version of the network configuration.
5. Update Your Apple Watch/iOS Device
If either your Apple Watch or iPhone are running on an outdated software version, this is likely to cause trouble with the cellular setup of the watch.
We will start with updating your iPhone first and then the Apple Watch, if the cellular setup troubles persist.
- To update your watch, it must be connected to Wi-Fi first!
How to Update iPhone?
- Access the Settings application on your iPhone.
- Press “Software Update” at the top of the page.
- Press on “Update” if a newer version is available.
- Wait for the iPhone to finish updating.
How to Update Apple Watch?
- Verify that your Apple Watch is connected to WiFi.
- On your watch, launch the Settings tab next.
- Head to “General” > “Software Update”.
- If a software update is available, follow the steps.
Tip: A pure convenience is to set up “Automatic Updates” for both your iPhone and the Apple Watch, so they could update overnight and not bother you during the day!
6. Unpair Apple Watch & Pair Again
Verizon themselves have suggested re-pairing the Apple Watch from your iPhone if there’s trouble acclimating the device to their cellular network.
It’s a fast and easy solution to do when your Apple Watch experiences all sorts of problems with Bluetooth and cellular connectivity.
Here’s how to re-add the Apple Watch from your iPhone in easy steps:
- Launch the “Watch” app on your iPhone device.
- Press “My Watch” and head to “All Watches”.
- Tap “Add Watch” and re-detect your Apple Watch.
- Press on “Set Up New Watch” and follow the steps.
Note: Your iPhone’ system should detect your already-added Apple Watch and pressing “Set Up New Watch” is mandatory to erase the existing configuration.
7. Reset iOS Device’s Network Settings
To clear out any issues with the cellular connectivity and the carrier settings, it is recommended to reset the network settings on your iPhone.
By resetting the network settings, you will clear out all Bluetooth and WiFi connections and the cellular/hotspot configuration of the device.
- Erasing the network settings will unpair the Apple Watch from your iPhone!
Follow these instructions to reset the network settings of your iOS device:
- Launch the Settings of your iPhone device.
- Go to the “General” tab and scroll down to “Reset”.
- Press the “Reset” button and select “Reset Network Settings”.
- Insert your iPhone’s passcode next and follow the steps.
Alert: Remember that all WiFi and Bluetooth networks will be permanently erased from your iPhone’s database and there is no way to keep them!
Still Having Issues?
If you still cannot connect the Apple Watch to the Verizon network and you’ve tried all of our solutions already, give Verizon a call at 00 1 800-526-3176 during their working hours.
You will be connected with an agent in under a minute, where you will receive proper device support!
When the Apple watch won’t connect to cellular Verizon, the best-working solution is to reset the network settings of your iPhone and check the subscription.
In case the issue is persistent, reset the network settings. Follow us for more helpful troubleshooting content!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.