Are you wondering why won’t my TOZO earbuds connect? Stay with us throughout this guide!
The TOZO earbuds can develop connectivity problems due to charging problems or issues with the connecting device.
Hence, this guide will help you uncover all possible reasons behind the unexplained TOZO malfunction and trustworthy steps for restoring functionality.
When your TOZO earbuds don’t pair with the connecting device, restart the “Bluetooth” feature on the connecting device and connect the charging case to power. Next, complete the initial setup of your earbuds again.
There is much more to discuss, so let’s dive in!
Why Are My TOZO Earbuds Not Connecting?
The TOZO earbuds might be failing to connect with your device due to issues with the Bluetooth connection or particular functionality problems with the connecting device.
So, the first step to troubleshooting the problem is understanding what could possibly affect the earbuds negatively.
Here’s why the TOZO earbuds are not connecting to your device:
This is what could possibly prevent the earbuds from establishing a connection with your device.
Hence, to explore all possible resolutions, proceed with an easy-to-follow troubleshooting guide.
Why Won’t My TOZO Earbuds Connect? – Quick Fixes
Tip: Follow the steps in consecutive order to resolve the issue faster
1. Repeat the Initial TOZO Earbuds Setup
There’s a chance that you haven’t completed the initial setup of the earbuds properly, and they have not established a proper connection to your device.
So, the first step is to repeat the initial pairing process of TOZO and verify that you have completed all the necessary steps/instructions.
Here’s how to pair the TOZO earbuds to any mobile device or laptop in easy steps:
- Take both of the earbuds out of the case close to your device.
- Navigate to “Settings” → “Bluetooth” on the connecting unit.
- Find the “Discoverable Devices” section of the wireless tab.
- Tap on the “TOZO Earbuds” in order to start the pairing setup.
- Keep the earbuds close until the status turns to “Connected.”
If the initial setup has been successful, the TOZO earbuds should appear as a listed device in the Bluetooth settings of your mobile device or laptop.
You can connect to TOZO anytime by tapping the connection and taking the earbuds out.
Note: If the TOZO earbuds do not appear as a listed device, repeat the initial setup steps again!
2. Unpair the Earbuds From Other Devices
TOZO can only support Bluetooth connection with one device at a time, meaning that if the earbuds are already connected, you cannot pair them separately.
The next step is to lose the earbuds’s connection to other devices and complete the initial setup again to establish pairing.
How to Check if Earbuds Are Already Connected?
After the earbuds have been connected to a device once, the Bluetooth profile of the device will remain in the Bluetooth settings.
Check the connections for all devices paired with TOZO in the past, as the earbuds might have connected automatically.
- To remove the TOZO profile from another device, tap “Forget this Connection.”
The right TOZO earbud (the “Master”) will enter the pairing mode automatically once taken out of the charging device.
If a remembered device is in range of the earbuds, it will pair automatically, and you cannot add the TOZO earbuds as a device on a separate unit.
Note: The Bluetooth profile of the TOZO earbuds might exist on multiple devices simultaneously
3. Reboot the TOZO Earbuds (Soft-Reset)
The simple reboot is an effective solution to any functionality issues with the earbuds, including pairing issues or poor audio quality.
Rebooting TOZO is possible with the action buttons on each earbud built into the outer cover panel of the headphones.
Follow these steps to reboot the TOZO earbuds:
- Take out your earbuds from the charging case.
- Next, locate the Action buttons on the panel.
- Hold the buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds.
- Stop holding the buttons after TOZO powers off.
- Place the earbuds back into the charging case.
- Wait for 30 seconds and take the earbuds out.
Remember that holding the action buttons for extended periods will conduct a factory reset.
Simply powering off the earbuds is achievable by releasing the action buttons after waiting for a maximum of 5 seconds, as starting a factory reset will influence the TOZO earbuds differently.
Note: The TOZO earbuds will reboot automatically once taken out of the charging case!
4. Re-Charge the TOZO Earbuds
There’s a chance that the TOZO case has not adequately charged the earbuds, and they are failing to connect with your mobile device.
Hence, the next step is to connect the earbuds to a charger until the battery capacity is charged up to at least 90% for optimal earbud pairing.
Connect the TOZO earbuds to the micro-USB professional charging cable supplied with the headphones and plug the other side of the cable with a power adapter.
In addition, test if the power outlet is supplying power to the charging headset by testing it on another smart device or electrical appliance.
If the outlet doesn’t conduct power, attempt to charge the TOZO earbuds charging case in another tested electrical outlet.
Note: If your TOZO earbuds are not charging, you may face a hardware defect.
5. Restart your Mobile’s Bluetooth
Another reliable solution if merely rebooting or charging the earbuds did nothing is to turn off the “Bluetooth” feature of your mobile device and then turn it on again.
This is a tested and proven solution to issues with the wireless Bluetooth connection and all external devices such as TOZO.
How to Restart “Bluetooth” On Android?
- Open the “Settings” app on your Android device.
- From the general menu section, tap “Bluetooth”.
- Press the activation slider to turn off the feature.
- Wait for 30 seconds after deactivating Bluetooth.
- Tap the activation slider to turn on Bluetooth again.
How to Restart “Bluetooth” On Apple’s iOS?
- Swipe downwards from the home of your Apple device.
- Tap the Bluetooth icon to deactivate and unpair all units.
- Wait for 30 seconds while the Bluetooth feature is “OFF.”
- Go to “Settings” → “Bluetooth” to turn on the Bluetooth.
- Finally, attempt to connect with the TOZO wireless earbuds.
Turning off the Bluetooth feature of your device will lose the connection to all existing Bluetooth profiles you have currently established connections to.
Devices that connect automatically will immediately pair after re-activating the mobile “Bluetooth” feature, including the TOZO earbuds.
Bonus Tip: Restart the Connecting Device!
Restarting the connecting device could also help with existing Bluetooth issues and address complications with the TOZO earbuds’s Bluetooth.
Hence, navigate into the power menu of the connecting device and tap the “Restart” option to power off the device and reload the system.
6. Forget & Re-Add the TOZO Earbuds
Another exceptionally effective solution when TOZO earbuds are not connecting is to forget and then re-add the earbuds’s connection in your mobile device’s Bluetooth settings.
This will reset the connection, and hopefully, your earbuds will be able to connect smoothly after the process.
How to Forget & Re-Add TOZO Earbuds On Android?
- First, go to “Settings” on the mobile Android device.
- Tap on the “Bluetooth” section from the menu below.
- Locate the TOZO earbuds’s connection in the menu.
- Tap the “Info” icon to open the settings for the device.
- Scroll down and tap the “Forget this Device” button.
- Wait for 30 seconds and complete the initial pairing.
How to Forget & Re-Add TOZO Earbuds On Apple iOS?
- Open the “Settings” on your Apple iPhone, iPad, or MacBook.
- Scroll down to “Bluetooth” and access the devices section.
- Locate the TOZO earbuds’s connection in the wireless menu.
- Tap the “i” icon next to the connection and scroll to the bottom.
- Tap on “Forget this Device” and wait until the earbuds unpair.
- Complete the initial earbuds setup on your Apple iOS device.
Tip: Keep the Bluetooth list of your connecting device with as few devices as possible!
7. Factory Reset the Earbuds
Well, forcing a factory reset is one of the most effective solutions against faults with the pairing of the earbuds.
This reset will erase all existing Bluetooth profiles memorized by the earbuds and address issues with the device’s software.
- To factory reset the TOZO earbuds, hold the action buttons on the left and right earbuds simultaneously for 20 seconds.
After that, the earbuds will shut down and reset.
You must remain patient until the earbuds reset, and when the process is completed, try to pair them again.
Alert: Do not place the earbuds back into the charging case before the reset has concluded!
The reason why won’t my TOZO earbuds connect is because of a fault with the earbuds’s Bluetooth connection or charging.
To address the issue quickly, re-charge the earbuds to at least 90% battery, reboot the connection unit, and forget TOZO’s connection on the device.
Follow us for more TOZO earbuds troubleshooting!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.