If the Tivo guide title not available, your device is either updating or there is a deeper issue with your configuration.
In this guide, we will cover as much as possible about the problem and depending on your case, provide you with the solution you need.
To fix Tivo guide listings, first, ensure your device is not updating and then try to force an update. In addition, you can check the DVR cables and ensure your network is not going through any interference. Lastly, take a look if you’ve selected the source input source.
Now let’s review the main suspects of the issue and get you more familiar with the user’s opinion.
If your Tivo guide says “unavailable”, then something has surely gone wrong.
Before learning any of the reasons for the problem, note that if your subscription has expired, you will be getting the same “not available” message in your Tivo guide.
If the subscription is not the issue, here is what else might have happened:
1. Update Problem
If the automatic Tivo update has been suddenly stopped, it is possible that this will impact the guide listing information.
2. DVR Cable Issue
In case the cables that are connecting your DVR and TV have developed issues, the “unavailable” guide problem might also occur.
3. Input Problem
A wrong input might also wipe out the information of your Tivo guide listings and show it as unavailable.
4. Network Problem
Network issues can also make the information within the Tivo guide listing unavailable.
5. Ongoing Update
At last, it is possible that there is an ongoing update, making your Tivo guide listings temporarily unavailable.
Now that you’ve taken a better look at the main suspects of the issue, let’s proceed with the best troubleshooting solutions available.
After giving you a better insight into the issue, you’ll need to try to restart your whole equipment and re-log from your account.
This approach will instantly exclude a temporary problem from the suspect list so you can move on with more complex fixes.
If the restart and re-logging didn’t work, let’s take a look at your account first:
The first solution is to take a look at your account & subscription. If the subscription ran out, it is possible that not only your Guide title will be unavailable, but any shows and movies that are usually within it.
Tip: We recommend checking the account security as well.
If there was a security breach, there might be an uploaded virus that could be bugging your account. The best you can do is change your account’s password to prevent any unwanted viewing of your account.
Having that said, here is how to update your account’ security:
- Go to the TiVo online webpage.
- Enter the manage tab and write down your current password.
- Confirm your email and click on “Change Password”.
- Head to your email and click on the new message from TiVo.
- On the new tab, enter a new password and confirm it.
Note: You will most likely get disconnected from your TiVo account (which is good) and you’ll have to relog using the new password. When you’re in, test the guide title.
The next thing you should do is a power cycle on your DVR. This will prevent any current temporal issues your device may have developed and it will discharge all of the electricity at once.
Many users have reported this method as helpful so here are the steps:
- Unplug the DVR’s power adapter from the wall outlet/power source.
- Wait for at least 5 minutes for the electricity to be entirely discharged.
- Plug the power adapter back into the source and turn on the DVR.
Once you’ve power cycled the DVR, re-log your TiVo account once again to refresh the page and test the guide title.
If the power cycle didn’t help either, then you should check your TiVo for active updates.
If the OS of your devices has missed several updates you will definitely face errors such as this one.
This can often occur if the auto-update has been compromised and you will have to manually do it or force an update.
Alert: If there is no available update bundle in your TiVo settings, you will have to force an update by connecting to TiVo directly. Here is how to do it:
- Go to the settings in your TiVo.
- Click on the Network and head to the Phone menu.
- Locate the option labeled as “Connect to TiVo service now”.
- Click on the feature and wait.
The process might take a few minutes to force the update and upload the new information.
If your Tivo guide title is not available, there is a way to manually populate the guide listings with a few simple clicks.
Be aware that the process can take up to several hours depending on how much information has to be uploaded to the Guide, so brace yourself with patience.
Follow these steps to manually populate the TiVo guide:
- Hit the TiVo button on your DVR remote.
- Open the settings and press the network settings option.
- Locate the option called “TiVo service connection”.
Once done, simply wait for the guide to be populated.
It is possible that your network connection is really slow or non-existent so you’ll need to check on that.
In case you have identified issues with the network it is really important to fix that issue before you blame any other part of your equipment.
Here are a few techniques you can try:
1. Hard Reset the Router – Unplug the router’s power adapter and wait for 5 minutes. Plug the router after 5 minutes and test.
2. Inspect Cable Connections – Ensure all cable connections throughout the setup are secured.
3. Shorten the Distance – Place your router in a considerable range from the DVR.
4. Remove Interference – Get rid of any solid object interference that might be blocking the network signal your router transmits.
If your network is now better, but the guide title is still not working, well, you’re going to take a major step forward with one of the most effective methods known to the TiVo community.
The way to reset TiVo depends on the version of its OS. You don’t need to worry because we got you covered!
- Go to the Menu.
- Select Help.
- Choose Reset To Defaults.
- Proceed with Clear and Delete Everything.
- Go to Settings & Messages.
- If you’re using the TiVo BOLT series, go to Help first and then proceed with step 3.
- For other models go directly to the Reset & Restart System.
- Choose Clear and Delete Everything.
Now when your TiVo has been reset to default the guide title should be definitely working. If not then you should contact Tivo customer service for additional help.
To fix the Tivo guide title, check the DVR cable connections, perform a power cycle, and re-populate the guide listing. Next, you can force an OS update and then troubleshoot the network if you identify issues with it.
Now that you know why the Tivo guide title not available, you can easily fix the issue following our solutions!
In the end, contacting Tivo might always come in handy as an extra round of troubleshooting and help.
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.